Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana devotees who turned into saints(who attained self realization)  (Read 3829 times)

swayam

• View Profile
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Dear GuruBandhus,

Can you pl share the list of devotees who after getting in touch with Bhagavan Ramana, they turned into saints or attained self realization.
like Papaji.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
We are back to "criteria to detect jnanis" :)
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear swayam,

I do not know whether they are self realized. But they were living pure saintly lives and on their death, their bodies were
interred. These are -

1. Major Chadwick.

2. Kunju Swami.

3. Muruganar

4. S.S. Cohen

5. Viswantha Swami.

6. Cycle Ramaswami Pillai

7. Swami Rajeswarananda

8. Annamalai Swami.

9. Lucy Ma (Lucy Cornellson)

10. Kapur Khanna

11. Sri Sadhu Om.

It is believed that they all attained Videha Kaivalyam, self realization at the time of death or a few years before that.   

Arunachala Siva.

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Dear Sri Tushnim,

It is not appropriate and doesn’t befit a devotee of your understanding and insight to make fun of the fellow members in a Forum.  We love you and value your opinion.  This is more important than anything else here.  If, instead, it creates discontentment and animosity among members then it is better to leave it. 

Thanks very much.
   Pranam,
    Anil

swayam

• View Profile

Thank you sir for the list

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Tusnim,

I do not agree with you. If we all of us experience we are liberated, then there is no need for any teachings from anyone.
Because we are not liberated, we need teachings and more importantly the guru's grace. If you are already liberated,
why do you need a guru about whom you mention in this Forum?  What work he has got with you, if you are already
liberated?

Arunachala Siva. 

Vinod

• View Profile
Swayam ji,
Anil ji,
Subramanian ji,
Ravi ji,
... lot of people.
;)

just kidding. How can we know if they are realized or not ? :)

Dear Tushnim,

I dont see any wrong intention, to make fun of others in u r comments. May be u just tried to have lighter humor but it turned out to be other way.

Even I have the same doubt coz self realization is a inner feeling which is just between the self and the mind. So we can never judge a person whether he/she is realized or not, leaving behind some exceptions like our master and other great souls.

Ex: A realized man may look like a mad guy to the world or some times like a saint or some times like a teacher as well.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:21:19 AM by Vinod »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Vinod,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan has said: A Brahma Jnani can be identified only by another Brahma Jnani. No one else can identify His state.
Because it is experiential beyond description.  Their lives can be of any type.

Seshadri Swami, Polur Vittoba - were like mad people.

Sadasiva Brahmendra - walked on the road naked.

Sri Sankara - was normal and was engaged in establishment of Maths and noble commentaries and his own stotras.

Sri Bhagavan - led a normal life, but wearing only koupina and not leaving Arunachala for 54 years.

There are others Swami Ramanagiri and others who had peculiar way of lives.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear Tushnim

Sometimes even I get a feeling that your style of writing is very dry and devoid of devotion .

What I really feel is,  statements like 'everybody is liberated ',  'whom to worship whom'

awareness is as it is ,  whether you are pure or impure   etc.   should not be taken in literal sense.

This will lead to a atheistic state the trap where some modern schools of vedanta go into.

Duality is all what we know --  we get offended,  we get hurt,  we fear,  we need protection,  we need love,  we need abhayam , we need purity of mind,  we need so many good things .

So first one should start worshipping Ishwara without going into dry and literal interpretation that jiva and ishwara is one.

After all efforts,  when we sit before Bhagavan Ramana Maharishee,  automatically we will abide in Self.   

If one follows self enquiry,  he should follow it sincerely.   Without efforts our mind  will only be impure.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Krishnan,

To simply say I am liberated, is like a lame man saying I am on the summit of Arunachala.

Arunachala Siva.   

ksksat27

• View Profile
Dear ksksat27,
          :)
So first one should start worshipping Ishwara without going into dry and literal interpretation that jiva and ishwara is one.

Jiva-Ishwara Aikyam or oneness is the sweetest thing ever! How can one call that Dry ?
Please see this !
That oneness is total dissolution in the Whole!
There is no "intellectual" description of it! Only pointers which lead to the dissolution.
if one understood one dissolves!

This sir, explains your other statement...
Sometimes even I get a feeling that your style of writing is very dry and devoid of devotion .

:) You have been modest in saying its "Sometimes". The reality is, if the earlier observation is true, my statements would "always" be seen in that light! :)

Do we see this clearly ?
The problem is a "Fixed" idea about that Oneness. If one has already decided that this is not correct then the mind is not open enough. The pointers are seen as meaningless coz the "pointed to" is missed!

When Dakshinamurthi , the Lord, is ever available as Self, what can be more Blissful ? How can it ever be dry !?

We are all playing in a big game of Maya  --  the maya shakthi has given clear roles for one and all,  from shambu the Ishwara to a worst sinner -- all roles are played exactly as per the Divine plan.

Once Ramana Maharishee starred angrily at his disciple when he compared Maharishee to Arunachaleshwara to a visitor.  Maharishee further commented 'porum porum your vyaagyaanam' meaning 'enough enough of this ' .

Even adhi shankara when he says 'Bhavanitvam', he immediately qualifies that word by another word 'daase' meaning for this slave devotee.

I thin the jnana anubhavam of Oneness is not even Oneness or advaita as Maha Periva of Kanchi once told.

All talks cannot point to That.   

The vedas run fast and try to describe it but finally become silent.

Maya shakthi --  she not only plays the role of shambu but also the role of a dog eater.

And she alone suffers in hell as sinners.  She alone gets killed as mahisha and she alone curses us and she alone suffers for the curse and finally she alone liberates us from the curse and she alone is the thing that gets liberated.

So in this big divine plan,   I think you and me have our roles already scripted very clearly.

Whatever you have to say you will have to say and same for me :) 

That is only right that you continue in your current views and post them.

And it is all this varied flavours that gives her Divine Play a manifest leela.

Balaji

• View Profile

Laksmana Swamy's was born at Gudur, Andhra Pradesh on December 25th, 1925. In 1949 in his search for a Guru, he spent time at Ramana Ashram. Whilst there he practiced the 'Who Am I?' enquiry suggested by Ramana Maharshi. It was as a result of this enquiry that led him to pass a note to Sri Ramana saying:

'O Bhagavan, in your presence and by the quest (Who Am I?) I have realized the Self'.

Since his realisation Sri Laksmana Swamy, a direct disciple of Sri Ramana, has taught disciples through silent sitting. Mathru Sri Sarada came later into Lakshmana Swamy's life. She became his adopted daughter and successor and as a result of devotion to her Guru Sri Laksmana, she realized the Self.

Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Adam

• View Profile
Robert Adams.