Author Topic: Lucky/Unlucky Souls  (Read 5723 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Lucky/Unlucky Souls
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 06:52:36 AM »
Vinod,
It is very essential to discipline our Living style even from the wordly perspective.This will pave the foundation on which other things can be done.Our focus should be on allround excellence and this should include excellence in professional work as well.
I warmly recommend the Book 'Thought Power' by Swami Sivananda.You may read it here:
http://www.dlshq.org/download/thought_power.htm

The other excellent guide that I will recommend is 'Light,Power and Wisdom' by Swami sivananda.This is available as a pdf that you can download.It is full of practical hints and I suggest that you go through this and try to implement the suggestions in this wonderful book.You may download it here:
http://www.dlshq.org/download/lightpower.pdf

We have to look at every detail of our Living and discipline it consciously.This is quite important.
Wish you the Very Best.

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
Vinod/Friends,
“You sow a thought and reap an action. You sow an action and reap a habit. You sow a habit and reap a character. You sow a character and reap your destiny.” – Swami Sivananda.
The Very first foundation of Spiritual Living is to build Character;if this is ignored,the rest will be a sort of 'Lotus-Eating' type of Spirituality that will crumble under the least pressure from outside.I understand that you have parents to support.Focus on your professional work as well and on your responsibilities in Life;Take care of your parents as best as we can.These are quite important.mAtru devo Bhava ;Pitru Devo Bhava.
Wish you the Very Best.
Namaskar.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:00:25 AM »
Vinod

The question is simple - the incidents you did are they affecting YOU and becoming roadblock in sadhana? If so, remove those incidents. Valmiki was biggest thief and looter of the times. THere are many sages who are butchers and even continued their "job" of butchery after becoming self realized. That is why Brahma Sutra says - DO NOT LINK YOUR KARMA TO BRAHMAN. BRAHMAN and KARMA have not relation whatsoever. BRAHMAN is what exists when KARMA stops. Do not get me wrong (that is the problem with emails and forums). I am NOT for once saying you continue doing all of those. My point is only two fold:

1. DO NOT LET what KARMA you did IN PAST hinder the path to success
2. THose KARMA will fade away if you continue in the RIGHT PATH - do not let that thought become another worry and blockage in the path.

Drinking, Eating etc are all KARMAs !!
Give them ALWAYS the right environment to FADE AWAY. Do not stop that effort and let KARMAs thrive. Then nobody can help you !

Sanjay

Dear Sanjay,

I got the answer and great motivation to proceed from here. I will surely forget that and proceed from here with out thinking any thing or looking back. I already started my process many days before but its just once I have missed it and will not give it a chance again.

Thank you so much for your inspirational comments and you have my sincere gratitude for this.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
Dear Ravi,

Thank you so much for your references I will surely go through them and even I believe in responsibility and our parents should be on the top of the priority list with out any doubt.

Thank you!

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 09:16:36 AM »
Dear Vinodji,

We all face difficulties in our sadhana but you see, even in a tough time, you have this forum to help you, by Bhagavan's grace. I was guided by others in this forum to hold on to the Self/Bhagavan at all times. Sometimes I am too disturbed to do Self enquiry then I try to bring Bhagavan's picture in my mind or repeat some mantra or say a prayer.

In "Who Am I" Bhagavan teaches one to not feel sorry that they are a sinner but instead to do Self enquiry. We are making mistakes due to our vasanas(inherent tendencies) and we are asked to constantly question to whom these thoughts are arising. Bhagavan/Self is our Father,Mother and Guru, trying to guide us all the time with firmness and compassion. Just like the prey in a tiger's mouth is never let go, similarly one who has felt Guru's grace will never be abandoned.

Sri Nochur Venkataramanji says in one of his discourses that one has to start doing Self enquiry and do it however he is able to, eventually he will realize his Self. It is like someone wanting to go to Sri Ramanashramam and starting from his house and even if he goes in the wrong direction someone will direct him to his destination. But if he never leaves his house then no one can help him.

Please trust in Bhagavan and do what you are able to without being anxious.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Latha Ji,

Thank you so much for the comforting or soothing words. I will relax my self with out being stressed and follow the same sadhana which I follow, leaving the rest on our master and arunachala and what else I can do.

Best wishes!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
Dear Vinod,

What latha said is quite true.  One should have earnestness to do self inquiry or self surrender. Like one going on the wrong
direction to Tiruvannamalai, ultimately knows from someone the correct route, some power will guide you, if you path is not
correct.  But by merely sitting at home, one can never reach Tiruvannamalai. Earnestness - Sraddha is the keyword.

Arunachala Siva.