Author Topic: Lucky/Unlucky Souls  (Read 3726 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Lucky/Unlucky Souls
« on: November 02, 2012, 05:44:47 AM »
Dear All,

This questions always haunts me. Why did we come to know about our master and arunachala. Since we have come to know about them, does that mean we are good people OR did we do sins in the past/current life, so with the knowledge and practices related to our master and arunchala would help us to become good and eventually help in reaching liberation?

If we are lucky ones, then people who are even more good then us, why didnt they get the oppurtunity to know about our master and arunachala?

Once I have been to a temple near my house and I also carried a book related to our master. The preist asked me "who is this guy on the book?" and I replied its Ramana maharshi and also told about arunachalam. Immediately he said I dont know about Ramana maharshi but I have seen the movie Arunachalam of Rajni Kanth and finally I did not know how to react.

What is this mystery behind this, why did we choose our master or may I say why did our master/arunachala choose us leaving behind many good people around us?

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: Lucky/Unlucky Souls
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 06:31:09 AM »
Vinod

Luck and unluck are creations of ego.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »
yes every one's destiny is according to their prarabdha..

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »
I always wonder whether there is any living soul which is not a moksharthi. Every movement in universe is seeking moksha. I am taking the true meaning of moksha, which means "Permanent Dukha Mochana". Why does an ant move - seeking moksha, why do I eat - for moksha, why does a plant bear fruit - for moksha, why does a dog chase another dog - for moksha.... Just that some get the path right and some take a little longer. But there is a beauty to it - whether faster or slower, right or wrong path - ultimately you have to reach there - no choice because you have nowhere else to go... In other words, wherever you go - "IT" is already present there :)

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 01:58:20 PM »
Dear Vinod,

All souls are only lucky. But Self Realization through Self Inquiry or surrender comes about for some people in this birth,
at least at the time of death. For some it takes several births. That is the difference. Sri Bhagavan says that all rivers that
start from an ocean finally reach ocean vide Pancharatnam Verse 3.

There is no naraka or swarga. Either merging with Sri Bhagavan or taking a new birth to work out again.

Even Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasibu attained nirvanam after three births.

The only preliminary qualification that one should have is to desire liberation, mumuskhatvam.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
Dear Sri Vinod,

It is true that we are lucky,and more than that,Blessed to know Bhagavan and Arunachala,to travel on this Wonderful road of self inquiry. Blessed indeed!
But all other Souls are not unlucky,just travel on their own road,and have Arunachala Guru in some other form. The river will take them too,and we will hope that they will come to know about Bhagavan soon,or atleast,about the Truth. It should come to them too! That is the wish of every Great Soul,of every Sage. 

With love and prayers,

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
Dear Vinod,
          :) Every one has a master: the Self, Ramana Himself. He guides them continuously ... but differently. Infact every person seeking "Happiness", there is an urge from within... and that urge leads them to the Self ultimately. Everyone is on a different track... thats the only difference. So we cannot compare and contrast here. Someone may be indulgent, but may simply stand liberated tomorrow. Guru's grace is always tehre for everyone ... but working differently based on their stage of life!

Each story is equally beautiful!

Harih OM!

Dear Tushnim,

Very true and the perfect answer for my silly question. I coudnt expect better answer than this, thanks a ton!

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:01 PM »
I always wonder whether there is any living soul which is not a moksharthi. Every movement in universe is seeking moksha. I am taking the true meaning of moksha, which means "Permanent Dukha Mochana". Why does an ant move - seeking moksha, why do I eat - for moksha, why does a plant bear fruit - for moksha, why does a dog chase another dog - for moksha.... Just that some get the path right and some take a little longer. But there is a beauty to it - whether faster or slower, right or wrong path - ultimately you have to reach there - no choice because you have nowhere else to go... In other words, wherever you go - "IT" is already present there :)

Sanjay

Dear Sanjay,

Very logical responce with perfect examples and I coudnt stop laughing(not sure what my peers felt in office) when I read about the "dog chasing other dog".

Subramanian & Jewell - Agreed and Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakasibu attained nirvanam after three births not sure how long it will take to us, but lets leave it to our fate and try to follow our masters foot steps with the grace of our almighty.

Thank you so much for the enlightenment.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:52:40 PM by Vinod »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 12:12:34 PM »
Dear Vinod,

Have faith in Sri Bhagavan. Trust in Him. He will take care that there is no rebirth at all for you. This is mumukshatvam.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
Dear Vinod,

Have faith in Sri Bhagavan. Trust in Him. He will take care that there is no rebirth at all for you. This is mumukshatvam.

Arunachala Siva.

Dear Subramanian,

I felt very good after reading this, but I need to confess that these days I am going off track. Currently I am in night shift and the whole day I am sleeping and most of the times I am getting frustrated or anger coz of the sleep less state and since I am in a MNC the environment around me is also getting me distracted( i hope u understand the culture these days in co's). I am fighting a lot inside but I am not able to be like before. When I say 'before' it means when I was @ home with out job and all I had to do was self enquiry and be in this forum or thinking of arunachala/our master.

I also understand that self enquiry can be done @ any part of the day, but not able to do it in office coz most of the time i am in calls and the rest of the time I am on breaks with peers. In my previous job, I was a very naughty guy and enjoyed every thing in life, since there was no recession those years and was a total party freak. Now after getting new job its becoming very tough for me to control my senses related to any thing like anger, alcohol etc . I am not trying to give excuses or given up the fight, its just I am immensely depressed that I am going off track and extremely worried, will our master's grace and arunachala's blessings will be out me. I am having a constant fight inside just like a dog which has been injured on the road crying and no one is read to console it!

Please help me or guide me.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:42:24 PM by Vinod »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 05:25:24 PM »
Dear vinod,

It does not matter. Do the self inquiry at least twice in a week, on week ends. Then try to get up early whenever there is no
night shift and do it on the day time, before going to office. Soon you will develop capacity even to do self inquiry in the office,
even amidst work. This is what Sri Bhagavan says.

Arunachala Siva.   

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
Vinod,

Self Enquiry is not to give you more trouble by asking you to follow it sitting in a place and at a time. Do everything you do as self enquiry. You can do night shift and do self enquiry. Keep observing the observer in every "gap" between thoughts. The idea is never to force yourself and make you more worrisome. Self enquiry is never that - for that matter any method is not to make you more worrisome. Let me take an example. 108 times Gayatri a day. You do it for every day and failed to do it for few days. Is it going to give you sadness? If so, what is the use of 108 Gayatri for so many days? Likewise...

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »
Dear Sanjay/Subramanian,

Thats affirmative, but I remember reading some where that once we become self realized we should not indulge in activities like getting angry too much, eating non veg, consuming alcohol, getting attracted to women etc coz then there would be no meaning in getting realization.

So here is the challenge for me, when I was @ home I stopped every thing like eating non veg, alcohol, angry/frustration etc and now recently my close friend he has come from UK and after a gap of 3 months, once I consumed non veg and alcohol just to give him company, as he leaves after few days and I did not want to disappoint him coz we met after 3 long years. Post this incident I never consumed any non satvic food however from past few days that incident has gone under my skin and kept pinching continuously and even in my office I am facing many challenges related to this.

Perfect examples are Osho, JK, Nityaananda etc even they preached many good things but did they live up to it NO!

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:09 PM »
Dear Vinodji,

We all face difficulties in our sadhana but you see, even in a tough time, you have this forum to help you, by Bhagavan's grace. I was guided by others in this forum to hold on to the Self/Bhagavan at all times. Sometimes I am too disturbed to do Self enquiry then I try to bring Bhagavan's picture in my mind or repeat some mantra or say a prayer.

In "Who Am I" Bhagavan teaches one to not feel sorry that they are a sinner but instead to do Self enquiry. We are making mistakes due to our vasanas(inherent tendencies) and we are asked to constantly question to whom these thoughts are arising. Bhagavan/Self is our Father,Mother and Guru, trying to guide us all the time with firmness and compassion. Just like the prey in a tiger's mouth is never let go, similarly one who has felt Guru's grace will never be abandoned.

Sri Nochur Venkataramanji says in one of his discourses that one has to start doing Self enquiry and do it however he is able to, eventually he will realize his Self. It is like someone wanting to go to Sri Ramanashramam and starting from his house and even if he goes in the wrong direction someone will direct him to his destination. But if he never leaves his house then no one can help him.

Please trust in Bhagavan and do what you are able to without being anxious.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya 

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »
Vinod

The question is simple - the incidents you did are they affecting YOU and becoming roadblock in sadhana? If so, remove those incidents. Valmiki was biggest thief and looter of the times. THere are many sages who are butchers and even continued their "job" of butchery after becoming self realized. That is why Brahma Sutra says - DO NOT LINK YOUR KARMA TO BRAHMAN. BRAHMAN and KARMA have not relation whatsoever. BRAHMAN is what exists when KARMA stops. Do not get me wrong (that is the problem with emails and forums). I am NOT for once saying you continue doing all of those. My point is only two fold:

1. DO NOT LET what KARMA you did IN PAST hinder the path to success
2. THose KARMA will fade away if you continue in the RIGHT PATH - do not let that thought become another worry and blockage in the path.

Drinking, Eating etc are all KARMAs !!
Give them ALWAYS the right environment to FADE AWAY. Do not stop that effort and let KARMAs thrive. Then nobody can help you !

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan