Author Topic: The office perks and Grace  (Read 1271 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
The office perks and Grace
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:02 PM »
I am writing this to know how others feel on this aspect. Not anyway to boast myself.

Throughout my college days and in office career of 8 years I have observed this for me.

To general onlookers,  I will look like spending lot of day time in reading
spiritual books,  going to ashrams or temples ,  partcipating in bhajans etc.

So people will feel like I have used much time in non material pursuits.

Even I will feel that way.

But to my surprise,  I will find that,  the material perks in office and extra free time/leaves will
get added to my credit without any effort on my part.

When I look back,  I feel luck and quick push enabled me to get job in college days and somehow
sustain it to this day.

My classmates wondered how I went through the campus selection.

When I went to Madras for my final year project,  I used that 45 days mostly in Ramakrishna Math
because that time there was big festival on Sarada Devi's birthday or some special years completion(2003 it happened).

When I finally came back after the project and did my presentation and demo before the examiner,  he never bothered to look beyond 15 minutes and gave high scores.

And once i went to US on an onsite assignment for three months, only to spend idle time there
for almost half of the duration. Again all those time went in reading many e-books on Mirra the Mother.

Somehow I have found until today ,  this perk is kept intact by God Arunachaleshwara.

Heart of heart, sometimes I do feel ,  by strict scientific measurement I am not really
eligible on certain things.

Even though lot of troubles, in-security and depression came through in my life,  whenever
I wanted to spend time/money on saints or spiritual books,  it was always granted.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:14:10 PM by ksksat27 »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: The office perks and Grace
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Krishna

It is all just karma. Karma is jadam. We can classify it in any way - good, bad etc through our ego. How does it matter? Let us try to get rid of karma (anitya) and reach Brahman (Nitya). Narayana guru swamy always says - Nitya-anitya-vivekam is the foundation to spiritual journey. That is the only distinction you need.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan