Author Topic: Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna  (Read 113212 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »
"Do you know my attitude? As for myself, I eat, drink, and live happily. The rest the Divine Mother knows".

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »
It's enough to have faith in one aspect of God. You have faith in God without form. That is very good. But never get into your head that your faith alone is true and every other is false. Know for certain that God without form is real and that God with form is also real. Then hold fast to whichever faith appeals to you.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »
Man cannot really help the world. God alone does that — He Who has created the sun and the moon, Who has put love for their children in parents' hearts, endowed noble souls with compassion, and holy men and devotees with divine love. The man who works for others, without any selfish motive, really does good to himself. There is gold buried in your heart, but you are not yet aware of it. It is covered with a thin layer of earth. Once you are aware of it, all these activities of yours will lessen

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan also said the same thing; You cannot reform this world. Unless you reform yourself, find out your true
nature. Once a man finds out his true nature, he becomes God and as God, if he wants, he can go to reform the world.

Arunachala Siva.   

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
Everybody will surely be liberated. But one should follow the instructions of the Guru; if one follows a devious path, one will suffer in trying to retrace one's steps. It takes a long time to achieve liberation. A man may fail to obtain it in this life. Perhaps he will realize God only after many births. Sages like Janaka performed worldly duties. They performed them, bearing God in their minds, as a dancing-girl dances, keeping jars or trays on her head. Haven't you seen how the women in northwest India walk, talking and laughing while carrying waterpitchers on their beads?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan said: Unless you are going to have liberation, how can you come here, first of all? Trust in guru. If
you take one step towards him, he will take nine steps to reach you!

Arunachala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
Anyone and everyone cannot be a Guru. A huge timber floats on the water and can carry animals as well. But a piece of worthless wood sinks, if a man sits on it, and drowns him. Therefore in every age God incarnates Himself as the Guru, to teach humanity. Satchidananda alone is the Guru. What is knowledge? And what is the nature of this ego? "God alone is the Doer, and none else" – that is knowledge. I am not the doer; I am a mere instrument in His hand. Therefore I say: "O Mother, Thou art the Operator and I am the machine. Thou art the Indweller and I am the house. Thou art the Driver and I am the carriage. I move as Thou movest me. I do as Thou makest me do. I speak as Thou makest me speak. Not I, not I, but Thou, but Thou."

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 03:21:06 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes. Ozhivil Odukkam, the famous work of Kannudaiya Vallalar says: A true Guru can take you, who is blind, in the correct
path. A bogus guru who is himself blind, will not only fall into a pit and also make you fall into the same pit. Tirumoolar in
his Tirumandiram also says the same thing.

Arunachala Siva. 

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan said: Unless you are going to have liberation, how can you come here, first of all? Trust in guru. If
you take one step towards him, he will take nine steps to reach you!

Arunachala Siva.

Yes, Sri Subramanian. When True Guru tells you the Truth it may sound different to the way other Guru is telling it but points to the same Truth. Such example is Lord Jesus. He didn't teach about Cosmic principles, reincarnations, different yogas, samadhi, concentration and so on but His teaching is the same as every other True Teacher, just different language and representation, specific to the people of Israel.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 03:28:10 PM »
Satchidananda alone is the Guru. If a man in the form of a Guru awakens spiritual consciousness in you, then know for certain that it is God the Absolute Who has assumed that human form for your sake. The Guru is like a companion who leads you by the hand. After the realization of God, one loses the distinction between the Guru and the disciple. That creates a very difficult situation; there the Guru and the disciple do not see each other. It was for this reason that Janaka said to Sukadeva, "Give Me first My Teacher's fee if you want Me to initiate you into the Knowledge of Brahman." For the distinction between the Teacher and the disciple ceases to exist after the disciple attains to Brahman. The relationship between them remains as long as the disciple does not see God.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 03:28:39 PM »
Dear Hari,

Yes. Jesus also used his powers very very rarely, like Sri Bhagavan. Jesus saved Lazarus from death, and fed the huge
crowd in Sinai with two loaves of bread and two fish.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
Dear Hari,

What is the fee they collected in those days. Disciple-student will bring a pack of samithu (sticks to burn in the sacrificial fire)
and dharba (for the purpose of oblations.

Arunachala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:55 PM »
It is Satchidananda that comes to us in the form of the Guru. If a man is initiated by a human Guru, he will not achieve anything if he regards his Guru as a mere man. The Guru should be regarded as the direct manifestation of God. Only then can the disciple have faith in the mantra given by the Guru. Once a man has faith, he achieves all. The sudra Ekalavya learnt archery in the forest before a clay image of Drona; he worshipped the image as the living Drona; that by itself enabled him to attain Mastery in archery.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 03:50:23 PM »
There are two classes of devotees. One class has the nature of the kitten. The kitten depends completely on its mother. It accepts whatever its mother does for it. The kitten only cries, "Mew, mew!". It doesn't know what to do or where to go. Sometimes the mother puts the kitten near the hearth, sometimes on the bed. Devotees of this class give God the power of attorney and thus become free of all worry. The Sikhs said to me that God was kind. I said to them: "How is that? He is our Father and our Mother. Shouldn't parents bring up their children after begetting them? Do you mean to say that the neighbours will look after them?" Devotees of this class have an unwavering conviction that God is our Mother and our Father.

There is another class of devotees. They have the nature of the young monkey. The young monkey clings to its mother with might and main. The devotees who behave like the young monkey have a slight idea of being the doer. They feel: "We must go to the sacred places; we must practise japa and austerity; we must perform worship with sixteen articles as prescribed by the sastras. Only then shall we be able to realize God." Such is their attitude.

The aspirants of both classes are devotees of God. The farther you advance, the more you will realize that God alone has become everything. He alone does everything. He alone is the Guru and He alone is the Ishta. He alone gives us knowledge and devotion.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
Only those who have developed raga-bhakti for God may be called His sincere devotees. God becomes responsible for them. If you enter your name in a hospital register, the doctor will not discharge you until you are cured. Those who are held by God have nothing to fear. The son who holds to his father, while walking along the narrow ridge of a paddy-field, may slip if he absent-mindedly lets go his father's hand; but if the father holds the son by the hand, there is no such danger.