Author Topic: Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna  (Read 250568 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Teachings of Sri Ramakrishna
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2013, 10:11:39 AM »

What a delirious fever is this that I suffer from!
O Mother, Thy grace is my only cure. . . .

(The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2013, 10:32:33 AM »
Buttermilk is made from the same substance as butter. One who realizes this knows that butter goes with buttermilk and buttermilk with butter. After separating the butter with great effort-that is to say, after attaining Brahmajnana-you will realize that as long as butter exists, buttermilk also must exist. Wherever there is butter there must be buttermilk as well. As long as one feels that Brahman exists, one must also be aware that the universe, living beings, and the twenty-four cosmic principles exist as well.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2013, 03:11:31 PM »
The milk in the pot hisses and swells as long as
there is heat under it. Take away the heat, and
the milk will quiet down as before.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Yes. Leave the world which causes all thoughts, actions and sins, and stay still in one place with your mind attending only
the Self, then you will the coolness of Bliss.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 23, 2013, 09:34:01 AM »

The whole thing is to love God and taste His sweetness.
He is sweetness and the devotee is its enjoyer. The
devotee drinks the sweet Bliss of God. Further,
God is the lotus and the devotee the bee.
The devotee sips the honey of the lotus.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 08, 2013, 06:40:32 AM »
MASTER (to Manomohan): "I see Rama in all things. You are all sitting here, but I see only Rama in everyone of you."
MANOMOHAN: "Yes, sir. It is Rama who has become everything. But, as you say, though all water is Narayana, yet some water is fit for drinking, some for washing the hands and face, and some only for cleaning pots and pans."
MASTER: "It is true. But I see that it is God Himself who has become everything-the universe and its living beings."

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 09, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
An egotistic person cannot realize God. Do you know what egotism is like? It is like a high mound, where rain-water cannot collect: the water runs off. Water collects in low land.There seeds sprout and grow into trees. Then the trees bear fruit.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
one cannot meditate  unless God wills it. One can meditate when God makes it possible for one to do so.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »
"Once I went to a certain place with Mathur Babu. Many pundits came forward to argue with me. And you all know that I am a fool. (All laugh.) The pundits saw that strange mood of mine. When the conversation was over, they said to me: 'Sir, after hearing your words, all that we have studied before, our knowledge and scholarship, has proved to be mere spittle. Now we realize that a man does not lack wisdom if he has the grace of God. The fool becomes wise and the mute eloquent.' Therefore I say that a man does not become a scholar by the mere study of books.
Yes, how true it is! How can a man who has the grace of God lack knowledge? Look at me. I am a fool. I do not know anything. Then who is it that utters these words? The
reservoir of the Knowledge of God is inexhaustible. There are grain-dealers at Kamarpukur. When selling paddy, one man weighs the grain on the scales and another man pushes it to him from a heap. It is the duty of the second man to keep a constant supply of grain on the scales by pushing it from the big heap. It is the same with my words. No sooner are they about to run short than the Divine Mother sends a new supply from Her Inexhaustible storehouse of Knowledge.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2013, 07:14:44 AM »
You cannot make a pot without first carefully preparing the clay. The pot will crack if the clay contains particles of sand or stone. That is why the potter first prepares the clay by removing the sand and stones.
If a mirror is covered with dirt, it won't reflect one's face. A man cannot realize his true Self unless his heart is pure. You will find guilelessness wherever God incarnates Himself as man. Nandaghosh, Dasaratha, Vasudeva -all of them were guileless.
The Vedanta says that a man does not even desire to know God unless he has a pure mind. One cannot be guileless and liberal-minded without much tapasya or unless it is one's last birth.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2013, 07:19:01 AM »
"When I first met Keshab at Jaygopal's garden house, I remarked, 'He is the only one who has dropped his tail.' At this people laughed. Keshab said to them: 'Don't laugh. There must be some meaning in his words. Let us ask him.' Thereupon I said to Keshab: The tadpole, so long as it has not dropped its tail, lives only in the water. It cannot move about on dry land. But as soon as it drops its tail it hops out on the bank; then it can live both on land and in water. Likewise, as long as a man has not dropped his tail of ignorance, he can live only in the water of the world. But when he drops his tail, that is to say, when he attains the Knowledge of God, then he can roam about as a free soul, or live as a householder if he likes.'

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »

"A lover of God prays to the Divine Mother: 'O Mother, I am very much afraid of selfish actions. Such actions
have desires behind them, and if I perform them I shall have to reap their fruit. But it is very difficult to work
in a detached spirit. I shall certainly forget Thee, O Mother, if I involve myself in selfish actions. Therefore I
have no use for them. May my actions, O Divine Mother, be fewer every day till I attain Thee. May I perform,
without attachment to the results, only what action is absolutely necessary for me. May I have great love for
Thee as I go on with my few duties. May I not entangle myself in new work so long as I do not realize Thee.
But I shall perform it if I receive Thy command. Otherwise not.' "

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »
"From a distance a burnt string lying on the ground may look like a real one; but if you come near and blow
at it, it disappears altogether. The anger and egotism of a Jnāni are mere appearances; they are not real."

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

Sri Ramakrishna's slippers, M.'s house

"I used to pray to Her in this way: 'O Mother! O Blissful One! Reveal Thyself to me. Thou must!'
Again, I would say to Her: 'O Lord of the lowly! O Lord of the universe! Surely I am not outside Thy universe.
I am bereft of knowledge. I am without discipline. I have no devotion. I know nothing. Thou must be
gracious and reveal Thyself to me.' "

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2013, 04:49:44 PM »

Cry to your Mother Syama with a real cry, O mind!
And how can She hold Herself from you?
How can Syama stay away?..

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta