Author Topic: Light Post  (Read 61891 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Light Post
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.”  :)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2013, 09:35:53 AM »
Disciple:What does 'Guru' mean?
Cguru:It just means 'urugu' in Tamizh.it means 'melt'.Melt the ego and discover the Guru-Satchidananda.He who helps one do this is also the same Guru.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »
d: i have been throwing mud on myself, occasionally!

cguru: why so?

d: i have been playing in the muddy waters!

cguru: why do you play where the Ganges is dirty and filthy, why not play where the Ganges is pure and serene!
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
d: I am happy when others are sad.

cguru: Is it not selfishness?

d: And I am sad when others are happy.

cguru: Is it not still more selfishness?

d: You did not understand.

cguru: What?

d: It only implies that joys and sorrows come to our lives very rapidly.

cguru: Where did you say that?

d: When someone is happy, by the time I perceive that happiness and become happy, he has already become sad. So I am happy when someone is sad. Similarly I am sad when someone is happy.

cguru: Sometimes it is difficult to understand your words.
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »
d: I have lost interest in job.

cguru: So sorry to hear.

d: I have lost interest in family.

d: I have lost interest in society.

d: I have lost interest in life itself.

d: I am contemplating suicide.

cguru: (jumping up) Why? Why are you so down?

d: Did I ask you to jump?

cguru: Then?

d: I was illustrating that among all these there is the common "I", which I have still not lost.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »
sometimes it appears the roles of cguru and d are interchanged :D
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 06, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
I am reminded this incident -

Sri Sadaasiva Brahmendral was an exalted Jivanmukta. People around him who watched his behaviors thought that he was insane. They proceeded to his guru and reported, "Your disciple has gone mad". To this, the guru replied with grief:

उन्मत्तवत् सञ्चरतीह शिष्यस्तवेति लोकस्य वचांसि शृण्वन् ।
खिद्यन्नुवाचास्य गुरुः पुराहो उन्मत्तता मे नहि तादृशीति ॥

unmattavat  sancaratIha shiShyastavEti lOkasya vacAmsi shRuNvan .
khidyannuvAcAsya guruh purAhO unmattatA mE nahi tAdRushIti ..

I am only wondering when I can also attain that state. Even though I call myself his guru, I am yet to attain that state. He is a great soul." So exalted was the state of Sri Sadaasiva Brahmendral in which he was absorbed, Likewise, the Gopika girl was totally engrossed in her mental chanting. Reciting the divine names is a form of devotion.

:D wonder if something likewise is transpiring here :D

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 06, 2014, 05:18:45 PM »
Hi Nagraj,

I am surprised that you detected the change in only two posts. Must admire your catchiness.

Yes, in the first part cguru was the focal point. In the second part, the disciple is the focal point. People say that the disciple surpasses the guru in certain aspects.

d: I am Full (Purna).

cguru: Good.

d: But you are not Full.

cguru: Why this discrimination?

d: Because in Fulllness there is no 'you'.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 07, 2014, 07:30:39 AM »
Dear Silentgreen

your name always reminds me of nature, lustrous greenery. The very first name of Goddess of Prosperity, Mother Lakshmi is Prakruti. The colour She likes the most is Green :-)

i did notice the changes in the last few posts, but did not quite see it deliberately, as Sometimes it is difficult to understand the conversations between them :D .

But then, it flowed out yesterday :-)

Remembering the Mother, a lover of nature, Green colour today, auspicious one, the day Bheeshma waited to discard his body, also happens to be Madhvacharya's Jayanti too

:-)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 07, 2014, 11:12:10 AM »
Hi Nagraj,

Thanks for mentioning the topic of nature. Yes, nature is God's visible manifestation. A person who has great sensitivity of nature can attain self-realisation without any external guru or worshipping any other god (my opinion) . And nature can greatly speed up any sadhana.

The vedic sages enquired the beyond through nature. It is very clear if we study the vedas. Their gods were nature elements: Agni, Vayu, Ushas etc. They marvelled at natural phenomenon: dawn, lightning, thunder, rain etc. Appreciating nature, their hearts became as large as nature, and some of them transcended the natural plane and saw the great consciousness beyond. This is clear if we study Rig Veda where the enquiry starts and proceeds phase by phase and the consummation is reached in the last mandala (tenth) with Purusha Sukta. And the subsequent Upanishads have focussed more on the beyond.

This process of the vedic sages, of going to the beyond through nature has made the vedas invincible (my opinion). With the vedic chants all nature will vibrate. Trees will listen to the vedic chants, mountains will listen to the vedic chants, rivers will listen to the vedic chants, and the sadhaka will gradually feel his / her heart getting enlarged and becoming one with the universe.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 07, 2014, 06:43:06 PM »
"There is a sadhu in Hrishikesh who gets up early in the morning and stands near a great waterfall. He looks at it the whole day and says to God: 'Ah, You have done well! Well done! How amazing! He doesn't practise any other form of japa or austerity. At night he returns to his hut".

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 07, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »
"Once a Vedantic monk came here. He used to dance at the sight of a cloud. He would go into an ecstasy of joy over a rain-storm. He would get very angry if, anyone went near him when he meditated. One day I came to him while he was meditating, and that made him very cross. He discriminated constantly, 'Brahman alone is real and the world is illusory.' Since the appearance of diversity is due to maya, he walked about with a prism from a chandelier in his hand. One sees different colours through the prism; in reality there is no such thing as colour. Likewise, nothing exists, in reality, except Brahman. But there is an appearance of the manifold because of maya, egoism. He would not look at an object more than once, lest he should be deluded by maya and attachment. He would discriminate, while taking his bath, at the sight of birds flying in the. sky. He knew grammar. He stayed here for three days. One day he heard the sound of a flute near the embankment and said that a man who had realized Brahman would go into samadhi at such a sound."

While talking about the monk, the Master showed his devotees the manners and movements of a paramahamsa: the gait of a child, face beaming with laughter, eyes swimming in joy, and body completely naked. Then he again took his seat on the small couch and poured out his soul-enthralling words.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 07, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Really what did we all deserve to be acquainted with these fellows -

and their mother, Mother nature!

Dear Silentgreen, Sri Ravi, absolutely, the Sun and Nature are the visible manifestation of God! nothing consoles better than the nature, the gentle caressing touch of the Mother in the form of the air, gentle breeze, the soul touching sounds of the leaves moving with the breeze, the moving clouds watching us, the touch of the cool water. She feeds us with her milk of fruits and vegetables, she gives us water, the green mother, is ever near us, plays with us, speaks and blessing constantly, if only we are able to feel it.

How can we ever be thankful enough? Let us ever ever be indebted to the Mother.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:02 PM »
Dear Ravi, Nagraj,

It fills my heart with great peace to imagine that sadhu who sees the waterfall the whole day and comes back in the evening.

What is that great attraction he felt?

It is depicted in these lines of Tagore:

My freedom is in the light of this sky,
My freedom is in the dust of this earth, and in the grass which is spreading out,
In this freedom I lose myself beyond my body and mind, towards a distant shore.

And again:

The sky is filled with sun and the stars, and the world is filled with life-forms,
... And in the midst of this cosmic life, I have got my place in this universe, ...
... This is awakening my wonder and making me sing.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 07, 2014, 09:07:14 PM »
Realisation, looking at Self, Being Self, and all the wonderful terms that are so often used is not a dry abidance. That is full of life force, that is tremendously connected with everything as One.

Gregory of Nyssa, a 4th century christian saint expressed it very beautifully:

When I see every hill top, every valley, every plain covered with fresh sprung grass, and then the various array of the trees, and at my feet the lilies, doubly furnished by nature, both with pleasant and with beauty of colour; where in the distance I behold the sea, to which the wondering cloud leads the way, my mind is siezed by a melancholy which is not without happiness; and and when in autumn the fruits disappear, the leaves fall and the boughs are left bare, we are absorbed in the thought of the eternal and continously recurring change in the accord of the marvellous forces of nature. Whoever apprehends this with this intelligent eyes of the soul, feels the littleness of man compared with the greatness of the universe.

What do we imagine, Sri Bhagavan was looking at Arunachala in stillness, is not something that is empty, dry, samadhi, it is an awe, in the Ashtakam he sings with great spirit:

Look, there it stands as if insentient. Mysterious is the way
it works, beyond all human understanding. From my
unthinking childhood, the immensity of Arunachala had
shone in my awareness....

We usually get so bogged with our own small spiritual world, while the universe is bubbling with life force, magnitude personified in various forms. If our spirituality doesn't give rise to this awareness of the greatness of universe, if it doesn't connect us with the massiveness of the universe, in its myriad forms, then we are on a wrong path.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta