Author Topic: Light Post  (Read 40234 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: Light Post
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2012, 07:55:40 AM »
This reminded me of a similar analogy as heard - Sugriva used to hide in cave, far off from the vicinity of vali and used to only come out of the cave only when he got to know through his informants that vali was not there around. Similarly, we have to remain within the cave of self whenever there is ego on the prowl and come out only when ego is not present.

Excuses for poor narration.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:04:03 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2012, 02:01:44 PM »
One day.

d: I do not understand why people go to fake gurus?

cguru: How do you separate real from fake?

d: Using my judgement and logic.

cguru took a pot and put some fallen leaves in it: greenish for real and yellowish for fake. Then he covered the pot, shuffled it and asked the disciple to draw the real ones. The disciple sometimes drew the real and sometimes fake.

cguru: Why are you drawing the fake?

d: Because you have covered the pot and shuffled it.

cguru: Our brain is like the pot and Mahamaya plays by hiding and shuffling.

d: But my judgement and logic.

cguru: Mahamaya can create life situations where judgement and logic can get hidden or become shuffled by other judgement and logic.

d: Don't think so.

cguru: Then listen to this story.

One person used to go to a guru known for his great wisdom. There was another guru in the locality who was privately known as fake. The disciples of that guru used to stand at street corners and call people: Come to our guru, come to our guru.

Some new passers-by did go with them. What happened to them was not known.

The disciples used to catch this man also. But this man always shrugged them off with a half-contempt expression without speaking a single word.

One day however.

to be continued ...
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2012, 03:18:41 PM »
the story continues ...
Yes, one day however the man listening to a discourse of the first guru was thinking pensively: If enlightenment requires so much perfection, is it ever possible to get enlightened?

He was thus thinking and walking absent-mindedly, and never knew when he came to the street corner, until the disciples of the second guru caught him.

dis: You look a little sad today.

On other days, the man would have immediately shrugged them off. But today in his pensive mood he stared at them blankly for a few moments. In that brief moment a disciple came forward and whispered: Our guru will take you near enlightenment in three days.

The man immediately snapped back: It is for such talks only that I do not like you fellows at all. Why do tell lies to get a few disciples? If you had behaved decently automatically you would have got disciples.

But the disciples said: There are many ways to solve a problem.

The man said: Ok, today I will see the end of it. But I have two conditions.

dis: What?

man: First, henceforth you will not catch me on the street. Second, if I see anything fake in your guru, I will proclaim it to the world

dis: Both conditions agreed.

to be continued ...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »
silentgreen,
Interesting story.What happens next?
Namaskar.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »
So the story continues ...

The man went to the second guru with a suspicious mindset. The guru greeted him with a smile and then said: I have two conditions; first, whatever happens here, you should not tell it to anyone.

man: Now I understand why no one ever knows what happens here. I told your disciples that I will proclaim anything fake. That condition automatically becomes invalid. But still I will agree to this condition. I do not believe in tarnishing the image of other people. Bad people becomes good but their tarnished image remains for long. What is your second condition?

guru2: The second condition is that whatever I say, you will listen with a very calm mind.

man: Agreed.

guru2: Now you relax here and calm yourself down completely. I will return in five minutes.

Thus the man relaxed in that room, each wall of which was as if reflecting calmness.

The guru returned after five minutes and sat on the chair opposite to him. The guru smiled and said:

guru: We search for enlightenment for joy, but the search for enlightenment often brings grief, is it not?

man: To be honest, yes, that is so.

The guru then raised his gaze slowly towards the
ceiling and fixed it there.

1 minute passed ...
2 minutes passed ...
3 minutes passed ...

The guru then slowly lowered his gaze on the man's face and said: I will take you near enlightenment in 3 days.

The man felt  his anger shooting up to his head. But he restrained himself and said in a firm voice: How?

to be cont ...

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2012, 01:56:31 PM »
The man asked: How?

guru2: I will redefine enlightenment; as per your current state; and you will be enlightened in three days without needing to do anything. So relax and be happy.

The man sprang up and said: Now I have no doubt that you are fake. Not that I expected anything better. But do not worry. I will keep my promise and not tell this to anybody. As with your previous visitors, no one will come to know what happens here. Goodbye.

So saying the man turned back with anger and despair and started walking away hastily. When he was midway in the room he heard the guru saying.

guru2: But you have not kept your second promise.

man: Which one?

guru2: You said that whatever I say you will listen with a calm mind. Based on that, can I not expect to get a chance to explain why I said so?

man: I will keep this promise also. I will give you a chance to justify yourself. So, justify to your heart's content and I will listen to you with as much patience as possible.

to be continued ...

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »
very intriguing... waiting... for the events to unfold

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
The man returned to listen to the explanation of the second guru.

The guru looked out of the window for quite sometime and then said:

guru2: This mobile phone, today it is version 2, tomorrow it will be version 10; can you tell with certainty that there will be no further versions?

man: No, as long as new features are added and people are happy, there can be more versions.

guru2: So, knowing that there is no end to the improvement, should not the manufacturers start with an initial version?

man: Yes, they can start and incrementally improve.

guru2: That is what I am doing. I am giving you an initial version of enlightenment and I will upgrade your version when you make progress.

man: (a little taken aback) But why should I require you to upgrade my version? I can upgrade it myself.

guru2: If you can upgrade yourself, why are you looking for a guru?

man: What is the certainty that you have the ability to upgrade my version?

guru2: What is the certainty that any other guru has the ability to upgrade your version? Also I am not asking you to stay with me forever; only till three upgrades or two years, whichever is earlier.

man: I will think of this.

guru2: Please do.

So the man left, now his avengeful attitude replaced with another line of thinking.

cguru: What do you think of this?

d: To be frank, I am also a bit confused now. So will the man return to the second guru?

to be continued ..

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »
cguru: A bee flies over many plants but sits on the one from where it can draw honey. So it will depend on what honey the man is looking for and from where he is able to draw that honey.

d: But if there are so much confusions in life, where is the constancy and hope?

cguru: Amidst all the confusions, sorrows, fears and desires there is one thing certain. All of these require power to sustain. That power flows down from the Heart of Shakti and finally reaches us as prana shakti. Those who turn their gaze towards that source will sense a constancy. Those who develop devotional attitude towards that, God will gradually develop yearning in their heart. Those who pursue that yearning, God will gradually make that channel prominent.

So the disciple left. After sometime he came back and started looking at cguru watchfully.

cguru: What happened?

d: Are you the first type of guru or the second type?

cguru caughed and said: It is getting late today. Let us forget this and leave for the day.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 10:37:57 AM »
One day.

d: How can vasana kshaya happen?

cguru: By combination.

d: I am talking of decay and you are talking of combination?

cguru: Such combination will automatically result in decay.

d: What type of combination?

cguru: Then listen to this story.

A man was giving lot of trouble to his guru due to his vasanas. His guru suggested lot of steps but he used to ignore them and continue as usual. His spiritual progress was getting hampered and this pained his guru very much.

One day when the man was walking through a lonely field, a robber jumped from a tree and snatched away his valuables at gun point. The robber then said:

rob: I know you have given lot of troubles to your guru. Think of me as your bad fate for that. I have taken all your jewels but I am still not satisfied. Now I want to take your life.

The man trembled.

rob: But thinking of your guru I want to give you one last chance.

Then the robber held his gun on the man's head and said:

rob: Either you liberate yourself from vasanas right now or my bullet will liberate it for you. Which option do you prefer?

man: Sir, I am already filling somewhat liberated.

rob: How? Where did all your vasanas suddenly go?

man: By your grace all the vasanas have suddenly combined to form one vasana: To be Free.

rob: Sir, I meant no harm. I was sent by your guru.

cguru: Thus, when the forces of all vasanas combine towards God, then the person has taken a firm step in spiritual life.

d: What a grace!

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
One day cguru was going round and round the banyan tree dancing and saying: O God, this sky is Yours, You are great; this Tree is Yours, You are great; this earth is Yours, You are great.

In his hand was a strange trident with four spikes.

The disciple looking at him in wonder said: guruji, what is the reason for this sudden celebration? And what is that trident-like thing in your hand. I do not even know what to call it...trident+1 or trident++? Please tell me.

But the words does not seem to be reaching cguru who was absorbed in his dancing.

The disciple further said: Your strange ecstacy has increased my curiosity, and your trident++ is further stoking it. Pray tell me about it. Atleast tell me what is the meaning of that trident++?

cguru finally turned and said: Then listen to this story.
A group of sadhus went to a congregation. Everyone had a trident, but one had a trident with four spikes.

The others said: Brother, our guru gave this three-spiked trident and said: With these three spikes pierce the three gunas and be free. But you have a trident with four spikes. What did your guru say about it?

The sadhu said: My guru said that the three spikes represent the three gunas with which God is playing. The play is going on encompassing the entire universe for ages, but the glory of God is still not captured adequately. So you say: O God, with the three spikes I have captured whatever I understand of your play with the three gunas.

to be continued ...

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 02:13:23 PM »
so the story continues ...

.... and whatever is beyond my understanding and all your future surprises, I have represented them  with another spike. Thus your play goes on and I also join the play.

cguru: Thus amidst all the sorrows and joys, among the good and the bad, among the heat and the cold, among the agreeable and the disagreeable, I dance and sing the glory of God with this four spiked trident in hand.

Now you also join me and let us dance together.

Thus the guru and the disciple went round and round the banyan tree dancing and saying: O God, this sky is Yours, You are great; this tree is Yours, You are great; this earth is Yours, You are great ...

Many years have passed since then. Now neither cguru nor the disciple is there. Only the banyan tree stands as a mute witness. But people say that cguru and the disciple still goes round and round the banyan tree and sings and dance.

With this ends the Light Post.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »

the end is just the beginning

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2012, 11:28:23 AM »
Little addition.
d: Should we reason?
cguru: Reason?
d: To explore more.
d: To understand deeply.
d: To know the truth.
d: To be free.
d: (scratching his head for sometime) Just for fun.
cguru: There you are, my son.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
The sooner we scracth our heads, the better  :D

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta