Author Topic: Light Post  (Read 40239 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Re: Light Post
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »
Dear All,

Thanks for your comments. This is Light Post, so read it in the lighter context.

Dear Sri Ravi, the nature of communion is illustrated by the monkey and kitten story of Sri Ramakrishna. Many of the stories of Sri Ramakrishna spans across multiple levels of spiritual progress.

So the weekend has come, idle time to spend. The disciple was laying idly under the banyan tree in the afternoon with one leg over the other. With a lethargic voice he said:

d: Why ... all these?

cguru: Which all?

d: So many books, scriptures, does it help?

cguru: God has given the mind, if you apply it will help.

d: Don't think so.

cguru: Then listen to the story of two cats.

d: Cats? I am talking of human beings.

cguru: If cats can get help from scriptures, can't human being get help?

d: I have never seen any cat getting any help from scriptures. When they do not get food, they do not refer to scriptures but devise plans to steal the food. But anyway, you continue.

cguru: Then listen.
Two cats had a bet to please a dog. The dog used to come every morning walking with the master. The dog was not at all pleased with cats. Whenever it saw a cat, it threatened to pounce on them.

One sunny morning the master tied the dog to a fence in the field and went away for some work. The first cat came near the dog but maintaining a safe distance said:

cat: Hello doggy, how are you?

In that fine sunny morning the dog was comfortably basking under the sun. It was in no mood to flare up its temper. So turning half the face on the other side and half ignoring the cat the dog answered matter-of-factly:

dog: ok

cat: It is such a fine morning.

cat: We are staying in the same locality.

cat: Our paths cross everyday.

cat: Why don't we become friends?

When the cat uttered the word "friend", the dog sprang up and gave a loud bark. With three leaps the cat vanished behind the fence.

The second cat was watching the entire episode. It said: This is not the way to please the dog.

to be continued ...
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 06:21:28 PM »
So the story continues ....

The second cat was watching the entire episode and it said to itself: This is not the way to please the dog.

After sometime the master of the dog was returning.
The second cat went to him and started brushing its tail against his legs.
The master was a lover of animals and took up the cat and said: Hello catty, how are you?

The cat said: Master, you are so nice; I see you have a fine dog also. From its broad forehead it seems it has a very bright future.

The dog was looking at all this. It was pleased to see the master but not pleased to see the cat with him.
But when the master's gaze was falling on it, the dog showed its overall pleasure with half-pressed down ears and little little wagging of its tail.

After sometime the master kept down the cat and said: Now you go catty, I have some other works to do.

The cat ran to the first cat and said: I have pleased the dog.
The first cat said: Where? You have only pleased the master of the dog.

Then the second cat told the story of the race between Karthika and Ganesha.
While Karthika went around the world over his peacock, Ganesha went around Shiva and Parvati and completed the race.

The second cat said: If going around the master of the world is same as going around the world, why not pleasing the master of the dog same as pleasing the dog?

The other cats also supported: Yes, pleasing the master of the dog is same as pleasing the dog.

cguru: So, did'nt the cat get help from the scriptures?

d: Sometimes I do not understand you at all.

With this concludes the first series of Light Post. Now need to attend to some deep posts, so postings will be infrequent.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 06:32:52 AM »
silentgreen,
"All that I need is somehow to converse with Jadu Mallick. I may succeed in seeing him by jumping over a ditch or through a petition or after being pushed about by his gate-keeper. Once I get a chance to talk to him, then he himself will tell me all about his possessions if I ask him. If one becomes acquainted with the master, then one is respected by his officers too". (All laugh.)

"Satisfy God and everyone will be satisfied. 'If He is pleased the world is pleased.' Once the Lord ate a few greens from Draupadi's cooking-pot and said, 'Ah, I am
satisfied.' Immediately the whole world and all its living beings were satisfied; they felt as if they had eaten their fill. But was the world satisfied or did it feel that way when the rishis ate their food"?

Looks like the second cat had read The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna or the Mahabharata.Good that it put its knowledge to timely use.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 07:03:54 AM »
A very rare picture of cguru:

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:47:01 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 07:47:26 AM »
Now I have serious doubts that Nagaraj ji is trying to project himself as cguru :D
this seems to be his own snap at some nice place :)

I am talking abt the Space :D

Thanks, for projecting me  :D

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 09:41:28 AM »
No,this is not cguru. Cguru have a beard. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
:) after a spell of confusion began to spread, a curtain falls on the very rare picture of cguru.  :D cguru is no more visible to the naked eye.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 11:42:16 AM »

cguru is the vast expanse of space behind the screen.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:54 AM »
Friends,
Since cguru is preoccupied with 'deep posts',the disciple thought it is time that he plays proxy and play the role of cguru.He meets with another 'victim' from our forum here and thought it better to unleash his learnings on this hapless one.

cguru v1.r1(version 1 and revision 1):Hello ,do you know the story of the fox and the cave,hridaya?
Victim:Hridya ,is the Heart;it is the self.I have read Sri Bhagavan's saying that it is the Self.
cgruruv1.r1:Do you know what it is?
Victim:I have read Descriptions;I do not know what it is.
cguru v1.r1:Let me tell you the story of the fox and the cave.Then we will see whether you understand or not.
Victim:Okay,Guruji.Rare to come across someone who can interpret Sri Bhagavan in today's world.I am really fortunate to have met one like you.
cguru v1.r1:Rare it is to find someone who is open and willing to learn like you.you are indeed fit to receive this teaching.Now,back to the story of the Fox and the cave!

to be continued...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2012, 09:11:05 AM »
cguru v1.r1 is waiting for response from other members of this forum to continue his story of fox and the cave.

wait and wait;wait for someone to respond.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2012, 09:18:30 AM »
cguru v1.r1 is indeep nishta in the cave,hridaya.victim is just waiting for the story to begin.he is not aware that someone has to call cgrur v1.r1 from the cave of nishta into this vyavaharic world of web forums,in order to narrate the story of The Fox and the cave.someone like Rishi narada is being awaited;he has to emerge from this forum and bring back cguru v1.r1 to the relative domain.

wait,wait;wait for Narada.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi, thanks for the story start. However it is better he completes who conceives. I can only tell a small incident of one day.

d: When will I realize the self?

cguru: When the self realizes you.

d: I do not understand why gurus like circular expressions; anyway, when will self realize me?

cguru: When you realize the self.

d: Disgusting. I have lost all interest in self.

cguru: Which you will gain back when self becomes interested in you.

d: I do not want to speak about self at all.

cguru: And in that silence self speaks to you at all times.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 05:24:03 PM by silentgreen »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2012, 10:09:06 PM »
silentgreen,
Thanks for that wisdom of cguru and your giving me the go ahead.so to continue our story:

cguru v1r1 in his deep nishta gently hears the narayana nama chanted by the celestial Narada which makes him conscious of 'victim' and he continues the story of the Fox and the cave.
cguruv1r1:So you have heard about Hridaya.
victim:yes,i have read description of it.
cguru v1r1:Okay,now you will soon get to understand what it is.A fox was living in a forest and had its lair in a cave.Everyday it used to go out hunting and feeding on small animals and fowls and after a meal return to the Cave every evening for Rest.One day,after it had been away the whole day,as it was returning to the cave ,it observed the pug marks of a Tiger leading onto the mouth of the cave.It became cautious ,aware of the Danger ahead.How to find out whether the Tiger is in the Cave?It hit upon a trick,and in a loud voice said:"O cave,is the Tiger in?".There was an eerie silence.It again raised its Decibel Level and asked:"O Cave,Is the Tiger inside?"
Again an eerie silence.The Fox's suspicion heightened and it further raised its voice and said-"O Cave! I am asking one Last time.Is the Tiger inside?Everyday you used to respond;perhaps you are not responding out of fear for the Tiger that is in there.You are understandably afraid and are keeping Quiet."
Meantime the Tiger that was lurking in the cave thought -"Indeed the cave must have been answering the fox everyday and it is on account of my presence it is Keeping Quiet".
Thinking thus,the Tiger with a great effort changed its voice and said,"Oh Fox,do come in;there is no Tiger inside"
The Fox on hearing this laughed and said,"Oh Foolish Tiger!So you are there in this dwelling.Let me make my way to the Cave where there is no Tiger;that alone will be my dwelling Place.There alone will I be at Peace and Rest.Bye-Bye!"and it ran away".

Cguru v1r1:So what do you understand?
Victim:As long as the Tiger of Ego is there ,one cannot enter the cave.
cguru v1r1:What else did you understand?
Victim:It is the Tiger ego that asserts that the Tiger ego is not there in the cave.
cguru v1r1:Very Good.you are learning fast.Now Go and spread this wisdom to other victims in various Forums and blogs.Long live Forum Dwellers;Long live blog addicts.CheeriooooM.

cguru v1r1 meantime realized that cguru is very much around and at any point in time take charge.He decides to bide his time for the return of cguru.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2012, 07:02:10 AM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Very interesting story, how the fox gets the reply.