Author Topic: Light Post  (Read 38137 times)

silentgreen

• View Profile
Re: Light Post
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 06:19:30 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi, you guessed it right, cguru by default does not speak much and is happy under the banyan tree.

So the story continues ...
The pundits arranged for the money and came to the king's court.

The king again made them stand side by side with the outstretched left hand of one touching the outstretched right hand of the other; and their other two hands vertically upwards.
In that posture the king showed them a picture of God and pronounced a reward of Rs. 10,000 on each of them.
Immediately two money bags came.

The pundits were surprised beyond anything. While collecting the money bag one of them said:
We are surprised beyond anything and have no words to speak. But if you can tell the reason behind these sudden events,
some sense will come to us.

The king said: You want to know the reason. Then keep the money bags there. Come tomorrow and I will tell the reason.

Thus the pundits left the palace and again they realised: What a mistake we made. By God's grace we were about to receive a huge
reward. What was the need for knowing the reason? The way events are happening, we doubt tomorrow we will get the money bags.
Who knows what surprise is there.

The next morning they went to the king's palace.

To be continued ...
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 09:46:08 PM »
cguru,
"what a twist!what happens next?"
Namaskar.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 10:09:55 AM »
Yes, Sri Ravi, even the pundits felt the twist and left all hope of the money bags.

... continued

The pundits came back to the palace. The money bags were still there.

The king said: Now listen to the reason behind these events. There was no personal consideration for either the fine or the reward. It was to illustrate the subject of the thesis.

The two conclusions in your thesis are:
1. I live as I work.
2. I work as I live.

The "I" which is normally associated with living is the eternal big "I".
The I which gets involved in work is normally the small "i", the ego self.
There is no discontinuity between the two.

Placing your conclusions side by side makes it:
Ii1 - i2I

The daily works normally becomes the projections of the small "i", which is individual and varying, so qualified by 1,2 etc.
Behind that is the big "I" which is uniform and eternal.

The posture in which you stood represents the above symbol, with the outstretched hands representing the interfacing of small "i"'s and the upward hands the big "I" behind it.

The fine was actually an offering, an attempt of the small "i" to surrender or offer itself to the big "I". If this is even partially successful by God's grace, the return is 10 times, which is represented by the Rs. 10,000 reward.

When the small "i" surrenders itself to the big "I", it becomes
I - I

The link represents the continuity across bodies (space) and continuity across all times.
This is God consciousness, so the picture of the God was shown to you. There all differences are reconciled.

So whatever differences you had I simply took them to the next stage of reconciliation.

The pundits said: We are extremely pleased to hear this. We no more have any interest to take the reward. The fine we paid was by taking a loan, but now we feel it is adequately compensated. So the pundits left the palace.

When they reached home, they found that the king has sent Rs 11,000 reward to each of them.
Why 11,000? they thought.
The first pundit said: Rs. 1000 to compensate the loan of fine + Rs 10,000 reward.
The second pundit said: And also 11 looks like I - I.

cguru: What do you think of this?

d: I wish I could show my thesis to the king.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 10:32:26 AM »
silentgreen,
Wonderful story.I truly appreciate the creativity of cguru and the manner in which he tells the story with deep significance.Thanks very much.Looking forward to hear more such stories from cguru.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
Dear silentgreen,

In the Rs. 11,000 looks 11 like I-I. Wonderful story. Thanks very much.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2012, 06:53:16 AM »

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi and Sri Subramanian,

Thanks for your appreciative comments.
I have discontinuous internet and cannot reply immediately.

(I would suggest Mr S to give donations to R ashram in elevens  - like 11 tens, 11 hundreds, 11 thousands etc)

So the next story begins:
d: Today I learnt two new terms - "synchronous" and "asynchronous".

cguru: What do they mean?

d: "synchronous" is like face-to-face talk. You tell and get reply immediately. "asynchronous" is like letter; you post and hopefully get a reply; it is discontinuous.

cguru: face-to-face talk is also discontinuous.

d: I mean that 1 sec delay to reply is ok; even if you take 5 sec to think and reply it is ok. It is in the same attention span.

cguru: Still it is discontinuous.

d: What? You mean the books are wrong?

cguru: In terms of attention it is continuous, in terms of interpretation it can become discontinuous.

d: How much? If I tell you to eat apples, you can either eat red apples or green apples, but the common thing apple is there.

cguru: Inspite of that the discontinuity can be so much that the talk can be considered useless.

Listen to the story:
The disciples of a guru warned him of a lady who misinterprets everything. One day the guru saw the lady entering the ashram. She was a bit eccentric looking and was walking with a blank expression watching the trees, sky etc. She did not show any interest to talk to anyone. When somebody said hello, she gave a blank stare and there the matter ended.

The guru thought: She does not show any interest to talk, how can she misinterpret? There are many highly intelligent people who appear eccentric externally; maybe the disciples did not understand her.

Still heeding the advice of the disciples, the guru went to the other side of the ashram and sat under a tree. Cool breeze was blowing and the guru was about to close his eyes in meditation when he saw the lady. She had walked all along the ashram wall and has now come near the tree. Till now she showed no interest to talk to anyone, but seeing the guru she came directly towards him as if to ask something. The guru looked up with a smile.

to be continued ...

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 02:22:11 PM »

:D :D

How interesting and wise are cguru stories.
Dear cguru,it is quite peaceful beneath this Holy tree,and You are in silence mostly,so we will try to enjoy silence with You...until cguru continue His riddle stories. :)

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:52:06 PM by Jewell »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:30 AM »
silentgreen,
yes,communion is different than communication.In communication there is (mis!)interpretation;to interpret is to interrupt and to interrupt is to be discontinuous!
In satsangha,there is communion;in sangha(Forum?) there is communication. :)

So,the lady approached the Guru seated under the tree!what happens next?

Namaskar.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:23 PM »
Dear Tushinam, thanks for the story.

so the story continues...
The lady who did not show any interest to speak to anyone, seeing the guru, directly came to him, as if to ask something. The guru looked up with a smile.

lady: Is it good to proceed in the life of spirit step-by-step?

guru: Yes. That is how most of us need to proceed. With each step spiritual progress becomes steady and tested.

The face of the lady suddenly shone as if she had a new understanding. She suddenly turned around and left. The guru was a little surprised. He used to spend so much time discussing with his own disciples, and this lady seems to have understood in a single sentence.

Later on the day, the disciples came and told the guru: Whatever we feared has happened. She misinterpreted.

guru: But I hardly spoke one sentence.

dis: That is sufficient for her. While coming I saw the lady and asked her: Did you meet our guru?

lady: yes

dis: What did you ask?

lady: Whether it is good to proceed in the life of the spirit step-by-step.

dis: What did he say?

lady: Yes, it makes progress steady.

dis: What will you do now?

lady: Proceed step-by-step.

dis: How?

lady: First I will learn about ghosts and spirits and then I will learn about gods and souls.

The second disciple said: I saw her procure a skull and a bone from somewhere.

cguru: Is this what the guru meant by step-by-step progress?

dis: I see the misinterpretation. Then how can detect misinterpretation?

cguru: Every true spiritual path tries to uncover the deep yearning in our heart from distractions and extend it. If the head is satisfied by elegant logic but the heart is not satisfied, suspect a misinterpretation.
-
-
-

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 03:26:39 PM »
Dear silentgreen,

Nice. The way in which Tusnim started writing about the 'cguru' I thought there may be many 'cgurus' like c1, c2, c3 etc.,

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »
silentgreen,
"Every true spiritual path tries to uncover the deep yearning in our heart from distractions and extend it. If the head is satisfied by elegant logic but the heart is not satisfied, suspect a misinterpretation"
Yes,it is indeed that simple.Does it mean that when there is a heart to heart communion there is no gaps and disconnect?Does cguru wants to explain this aspect of communication?
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »
cguruji, i didn't quite understand the very question of that lady - what the lady meant by "the life of the spirit" in her question - "Is it good to proceed in the life of spirit step-by-step?"

lot of mystery !...!  :) cguruji, can you please enlighten me?

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
cguruji, the moral is clear, the seeker receives the answer he seeks! But the seeker who does not seek, ends up getting abundantly! That which seeks is mind, and when that mind is surrendered, it becomes His mind!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2012, 04:45:27 PM »
in the same subject of communion, Bhagavan has give an excellent verse in the upadEsha sAram:

आज्यधारया स्रोतसा समम् ।
Ajya DhArayA srOthasA samam

"Like an unbroken flow of oil or a stream of water"

Communion happens when ones sAdhanA is thus, like an unbroken flow of oil or a stream of water, communication can only happen, when there is interruption, when there is a break in this continues flow, the mind is the culprit. The grace and the upadEshA of communion is ever happening, but we, the baser mind, bound by our vAsanAs, interrupt this communion due to ??? don't know - perhaps that also is His lIlA (divine play!)

Thank you cguruji, this was a contemplative story!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta