Author Topic: Light Post  (Read 38237 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: Light Post
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 10:27:52 PM »
silentgreen,
Wonderful words of Sri Ramakrishna!I fully appreciate what you have said.Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
Dear Nagraj and Subramanian,
Nice passages. Now we will move to business, because the disciple is now interested in business.

d: My business has come to a standstill. Can I get some help from God?

cguru: Yes, but God will help the businessman.

d: If the businessman is helped, the business is automatically helped, right?

cguru: Listen to this story and decide for yourself.
A person heard that his friend made a profit of Rs 25000 in business by taking the name of God. Hearing this the man invested a lot of money in stocks by taking the name of God. When his friend heard this he said:

fr: Why did you do that without knowing my full story?

man: I have full faith on you and on your faith on God.

fr: Then listen to this and see if you can still have the faith.

man: Not required but your wish.

fr: When I started business 2 years ago I had almost no capital. By my hard work in 1 year I took the business to Rs 1 lakh (100,000). In the second year I thought that along with my hard work I will take the name of God. So did I.

man: Then what happened?

fr: I made a huge loss and my business reduced to Rs 50,000.

man: (alarmed) But you said that you made a profit of Rs 25,000.

fr: By God's grace the loss turned into a profit.

man: My faith has redoubled.

fr: Listen to the rest of the story and see whether you can still retain the faith.

man: I don't understand why you want to scare me. Or is it for fun?

to be continued ...
Homage to the Universal Being...Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ... Om Shanti ...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »
silentgreen,
Interesting story.Please continue.
Namaskar.

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 08:58:53 PM »
... continued
fr: So as I said I made a huge loss in business in the second year and my business reduced to Rs. 50,000. Then I thought as follows:
In the second year also I had put the same hard work as the first year, still I had to face a loss. Therefore everything is not in my hands. There is a grace of God in it also. Now I am left with Rs 50,000. If I take it that as much as 50% is due to my own hard work, then the remaining 50% is due to God's grace. So I said that I gained Rs 25000 in business. That gain is from God.

man (jumping up): What a convoluted logic.

He ran to the phone and tried to contact the stock broker to sell all his stocks. The stock broker was no where to be found and it was Friday evening. The stock exchanges have closed. He left an urgent message to the broker to sell his stocks first thing on Monday morning. Throughout the weekend the man anxiously paced on the balcony and tossed on the bed. On Monday morning he again tried to contact the stock broker. By some strange fate the stock broker was not to be found. At afternoon the worst happened. His stocks took a downward turn and nose dived. And the man was down on a sofa on his friend's house, the friend trying to console him with little success.
to be continued ...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 06:16:24 AM »
silentgreen,
My sympathies are with that man!He has not put in any effort,so, as such he is down by 50%;He has depended on his friend's word and so may not be entitled to the Remaining 50% as well!Most important is that he has totally missed the point of his friend,that God helps the Businessman and has taken it to mean that God helps the Business.He has taken outer success as a measure of inner contentment and Happiness,and is measuring God's help through outer success.If he wins a lottery,God Is Great and kind;If he Loses ,God is heartless and utterly not dependable!
Please continue the Story;I am sure that it may bring in other dimensions as well.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 12:44:22 PM »
Dear silent green,

Moorti dhyna is not inferior. Name and form will be with you and finally only name will remain and the name will finally
shine as Swarupa, only Effulgence, with name also disappearing.  (Sri Bhagavan)

Arunachala Siva. 

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 01:30:51 PM »
Yes, Sri Ravi, the condition of the man became pitiable and pain even to write about him.

(There was a stone image of God in that room. Everybody considered it as a stone and it remained as a stone, still and unmoved.  Then Mr Subramaniam suddenly posted that Moorti dhyana is not inferior. Perhaps because of this, the state of the stone got elevated to a divine stone. The image could no longer remained unmoved. )

The telephone rang. The stock broker on the other side said that he was on vacation and forgot to take his mobile phone. He returned late in the morning and after getting the urgent message immediately set out to sell the stocks. The stock prices rose briefly in the morning and then had a sharp fall. He sold the stocks during the peak price. The gain is Rs 25,000. He had never seen anyone gain so much money in the matter of a few hours.

Life came to the man. He sprang up and said: Henceforth business is business and God is God.

Many years later when steadiness came to his life he used to say: Those few days will ever remain in my memory. My friend actually lost money but gained faith in God. I actually gained money but lost faith in God. Even with the loss my friend kept his composure and could see God behind it. He was prepared. And his future life was characterized by that composure in the face of ups and downs. I had to suffer quite an agony but more than compensated by the huge gain. But still I could not see God's hand behind it. And my future life was characterized by tension and mental agony. But today things are becoming clear to me. Now I understand, whose gain it was and whose loss it was.

cguru: What do you think of this?

d: God's ways are strange.

---

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 02:10:12 PM »
Dear silentgreen,

Once a devotee came to Sri Bhagavan and told Him to give permission to leave his family and lead a life on the Hill.
Sri Bhagavan said: The family is in your mind. Even if you leave the family and live on the Hill, the mind will be thinking
about your family. Further, leaving the family is not in your hands. It is in the hands of God. See my case, I left the family
and came to Tiruvannamalai. See what has happened?  There is bigger family around me now.  I have to take care of their
food, stay, safety etc.,  God's ways are strange.

Arunachala Siva.       

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »
Very interesting stories, Sri silentgreen. Thank you for sharing them. :)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.php

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 06:51:46 PM »
The Brahmajnanis of modern times sing of God as 'immutable, homogeneous'. It sounds very dry to me. It seems the singer's themselves don't enjoy the sweetness of God's Bliss. One does'nt want a refreshing drink made with sugar candy if one is satisfied with mere coarse treacle. Just see how happy you are, looking at this image of the Deity. But those who always cry after the formless Reality do not get anything. They realize neither inside or outside.

I am completely in tune with these words of Sri Ramakrishna. This reminded me about everlasting disputes about what is the nature of Brahman - is It/He/She Nirguna or Saguna. I like most the description of Sri Ramakrishna and Sri Ramana. Sri Ramakrishna has said:

That which is the Absolute (Nirguna), impersonal beyond all attributes, is also the same as the Personal God who is with all attributes and blessed qualities. The Absolute Brahman again is inseparable from the Divine energy (Sakti). The term "Brahman" refers to that aspect of Divinity which is impersonal and which is beyond all activity. But when we think of Him as creating, preserving and destroying all phenomena, then we call Him the Personal God, Divine Mother or Kâli. Brahman and Sakti are one.In reality there is no distinction between "Brahman," or the Impersonal Absolute, and "Sakti," the Divine Mother. The Brahman and the Sakti are one just as fire and its burning power are one. As by the word fire we understand its power of burning there is one thing that is never defiled in this manner and that is the Absolute Brahman. No one has ever succeeded in describing the Absolute by words of mouth. Brahman is unspeakable, indescribable, unthinkable. He who has realized Brahman becomes silent. Discussions and argumentation's exist so long as the realization of the Absolute does not come. If you melt butter in a pan over fire, how long does it make a noise? Brahman may be compared to the light of a lamp. As by the same light one may read the Holy Scriptures and another may forge a document, while the light remains unaffected by the good and evil deeds, so is the Absolute Brahman untouched by the good and evil of the world. He is like the Sun who shines equally upon the virtuous and the wicked.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.php

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 07:09:26 PM »
cguruji, how do you pass time, sitting below this tree?

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
does time really pass?

;)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Let us wait for the holy words of cguruji  :)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

silentgreen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
The next stories are a bit too light, so was hesitating to post.

One day the disciple bought a few books under the tree and was busy writing something.

cguru: What are you doing?

d: Writing a thesis.

cguru: On what?

d: God, soul and the world.

cguru: ok

Silence for some time.

d: Do you have a story on thesis writing also?

cguru: yes.

d: What happens to the thesis writer finally, good or bad?

cguru: Good only.

d: But I will not listen to your story, else I won't be able to write my thesis.

cguru: ok

Both were doing their own work. The disciple was writing the thesis and cguru was preparing a strange garland, with flowers, cut fruits and cut vegetables.

d: Why are you adding fruits and vegetables in the garland?

cguru: To offer everything to God in one place.

d: How strange!

Again both continued to do their own work. The disciple was occasionally looking at the strange garland.

Finally,

d: Anyway, as long as you prepare that bizarre garland, I won't be able to concentrate on my thesis.
So let me listen to your story.

cguru: Then listen carefully.

There were two pundits who wrote individual thesis which came to the following conclusions:
1st pundit: I live as I work.
2nd pundit: I work as I live.
Each of them insisted that his thesis was correct.

They also insisted that the conclusions are not the same and only a very knowledegable and discerning person can follow their thesis. They decided to go to the king who was known for his wisdom and decide which thesis was correct.

The king listened to both the thesis intently.

After that the king made the pundits stand side by side with the outstretched left hand of one touching the outstretched right hand of the other; and their other two hands vertically upwards.

In that posture the king pronounced a fine of Rs 1000 on each of them.
The king gave seven days to arrange for the money.

The pundits were shocked but could not say anything to the king.

When they came out of the palace they discussed: What a mistake we made. What was the necessity of going to the king. After all, how much could have been our differences. We could have sorted it out ourselves. Now what trouble we have got into. Now we need to jointly work together and arrange for the money.

After seven days, they arranged the money and came to the king's court.

to be continued ....

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 07:20:12 AM »
silentgreen,
Very interesting story.Looks like cguru is fond of villupAttu and expects a few sideKicks who will prod him every now and then to come out of his silence and continue the story.Please permit me to be one the sidekicks. :)

"Vow!What happened in the King's court?"