Author Topic: Common Discussion  (Read 34666 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Common Discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
Dear Ravi,

That is why I refrain from commenting on Sri Ramakrishna Vivekananda and Sarada Devi subjects. I have just started
reading them. I bought some books like Gospel, Mother Saradadevi, Life of Swmi Vivekananda etc., One cannot post
anything without reading the material thoroughly.

Arunachala Siva. 

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 07:12:30 PM »
Subramanian,
Yes,one has to read and absorb thoroughly as you have rightly said.I warmly recommend rA ganapathy's arivukkanaley arutpunaley(Life of Sri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda),published by R K Mutt chennai.For Holy mother's life,I would again recommend rA Ganapathy's 'amma'.They are the Best and rA Ganapathy truly  presents a very vivid and intense account ;the narration is gripping and we cannot keep the book down.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2012, 07:19:51 PM »
Friends,
I thought it fit to post the excerpts from the Gospel of sri Ramakrishna regarding how the Master's body underwent a change and could not touch metal without feeling an intense sting of pain.It is not just 'Gold' but metal that stung him!

The First time Sri Ramakrishna narrates it is when he had gone to the Star Theatre:
"Sri Ramakrishna took some refreshments and handed some to Narendra.
JATIN DEVA (to the Master): "You always say: 'Narendra, eat this! Eat that!' Are the rest
of us fools? Are we like straw washed ashore by the flood-tide?"
Sri Ramakrishna loved Jatin dearly. Jatin visited the Master now and then at Dakshineswar
and occasionally spent the night there. He belonged to an aristocratic family of Sobhabazar.
The Master said laughingly to Narendra, "He is talking about you."
Sri Ramakrishna laughed and showed his affection to Jatin by touching his chin. He said to
Jatin, "Come to Dakshineswar; I'll give you plenty to eat."
The Master went into the auditorium to see a farce. He sat in a box. He laughed at the
conversation of the maidservant. After a while he became absent-minded and whispered a
few words to M.
MASTER (to M.): "Well, is what Girish Ghosh says true?"
Girish had lately been speaking of Sri Ramakrishna as an Incarnation of God.
M: "Yes, sir, it must be true. Otherwise why should it appeal to our minds?"
MASTER: "You see, a change is coming over me. The old mood has changed. I am not
able to touch any metal now."

M. listened to these words in wonder.
MASTER: "There is a very deep meaning in this new mood." Was the Master hinting that a
God-man cannot bear any association with worldly treasure
?
MASTER (to M.): "Well, do you notice any change in me?"
M: "In what respect, sir?"
MASTER: "In my activities."
M: "Your activities are increasing as more people come to know about you."
MASTER: "Do you see? What I said before is now coming true."

continued...

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24:48 PM »
Sri Ramakrishna not able to touch metal continued...

It was dusk. Preparations were going on in the temples for the evening worship. The lamp
was lighted in the Master's room and incense was burnt. Seated on the small couch, Sri
Ramakrishna saluted the Divine Mother and chanted Her name in a tender voice. There was
nobody in the room except M, who was sitting on the floor.

Sri Ramakrishna rose from the couch. M also stood up. The Master asked him to shut the
west and north doors of the room. M obeyed and stood by Sri Ramakrishna on the porch.
The Master said that he wanted to go to the Kali temple. Leaning on M.'s arm, he came
down to the terrace of the temple. He asked M. to call Baburam and sat down.

After visiting the Divine Mother, the Master returned to his room across the court,
chanting, "O Mother! Mother! Rajarajesvari!"

Sri Ramakrishna entered his room and sat on the small couch. He had been passing through
an extraordinary state of mind: he could not touch any metal. He had said a few days
before, "It seems that the Divine Mother has been removing from my mind all ideas of
possession." He had been eating from plantain-leaves and drinking water from an earthen
tumbler. He could not touch a metal jar; so he had asked the devotees to get a few earthen
jars for him. If he touched metal plates or pots, his hand ached as if stung by a horned fish

Prasanna had brought a few earthen pots, but they were very small. The Master said with a
smile:" These pots are too small. But he is a nice boy".

continued....

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »
Sri Ramakrishna not able to touch metal continued...

Master's exalted spiritual state

Sri Ramakrishna said to M.: "Can you tell me why I have been feeling like this the past few
days? It is impossible for me to touch any metal. When I touched a metal cup I felt as if I
had been stung by a horned fish. There was an excruciating pain all over my arm. But I
must use a brass water-jar, and so I tried to carry it after covering it with my towel. But the
moment I touched the jar I felt the same acute pain in my arm. It was an unbearable pain!
At last I prayed to the Divine Mother: 'O Mother, I shall never do it again. Please forgive
me this time.
'

continued....

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
Sri Ramakrishna and Baburam(Swami Premananda):

It was dusk. The Master was sitting on the semicircular porch west of his room. Baburam
and M. sat near him. He was in a mood of partial ecstasy.
Rakhal was not then living with Sri Ramakrishna, and therefore the Master was having
difficulties about his personal service. Several devotees lived with him, but he could not
bear the touch of everyone during his spiritual moods. He hinted to Baburam: "Do stay with
me. It will be very nice. In this mood I cannot allow others to touch me."

MASTER: "Yesterday I came to know Baburam's inner nature. That is why I have been
trying so hard to persuade him to live with me. The mother bird hatches the egg in proper
time. Boys like Baburam are pure in heart. They have not yet fallen into the clutches of
'woman and gold'. Isn't that so?"
M: "It is true, sir. They are still stainless."
MASTER: "They are like a new pot. Milk kept in it will not turn sour."
M: "Yes, sir."
MASTER: "I need Baburam here. I pass through certain spiritual states when I need
someone like him
. He says he must not, all at once, live with me permanently, for it will
create difficulties. His relatives will make trouble. I am asking him to come here Saturdays
and Sundays."

It is clear that Sri Ramakrishna's physical body was quite sensitive to touch.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:36 PM »

How cute!!! How can anyone scold something so sweet and innocent.
Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Thank You Very much for this picture! I simply love it.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

True, dear Jewell! I love little Krishna representation because this remembers me the bhakta attitude like mother/father and child.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2012, 11:20:16 PM »
Sri Jewel, you posted yet again this naughty boy Krishna, it felt like urge from within asking me to post one more of his leela now itself!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2012, 11:33:56 PM »

It is difficult to be the mother of this boy...  so innocent was yashOdA mA, this boy here, is the creater of His mother as well, what to do with this boy, heart does not reconcile with his pranks, his innocence, pranks, his lies, everything about him is so sweet. What could yashOdA mA could have done?

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 11:39:26 PM »

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

True, dear Jewell! I love little Krishna representation because this remembers me the bhakta attitude like mother/father and child.

Dear Hari,

Yes,i love it too. And,also, it is kind of symbolic for me,child image and its innosence.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:03:45 AM by Jewell »

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
Sri Jewel, you posted yet again this naughty boy Krishna, it felt like urge from within asking me to post one more of his leela now itself!

It is Beautiful!!! And it glows too!  :)

Greatest Leela for sure!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:01:00 AM by Jewell »

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 11:42:18 PM »
It is difficult to be the mother of this boy...  so innocent was yashOdA mA, this boy here, is the creater of His mother as well, what to do with this boy, heart does not reconcile with his pranks, his innocence, pranks, his lies, everything about him is so sweet. What could yashOdA mA could have done?

To just love Him and look for Him.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 11:55:02 PM »

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

It is difficult to be the mother of any Great Soul,i think. But,Her innocense would save Her,it is always like that. What could She do but to love Him only,and with it,to love all His qualities,noty and good. I am sure She was glad to 'pay the price'. How could someone not to love Him,when He is embodyment of love and sweetness,of such beauty. I find Him soooo cute with all those jars and stealing  :),with those pranks,and in the same time such innocence.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:32:42 AM by Jewell »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 07:07:37 AM »
Friends,
Wonderful pictures!Here is an excerpt from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:
"If you asked me which form of God you should meditate
upon, I should say: Fix your attention on that form which appeals to you most; but know
for certain that all forms are the forms of one God alone".

Balaram Bose was a householder disciple of Sri Ramakrishna.His daughter said to Sri Ramakrishna that she could not love God,and nothing appealed to her.Sri Ramakrishna asked her-'What is it that you love most'?She Replied-'I love my 2 year old nephew the Most'.
'Alright' said Sri Ramakrishna,'When you feed him,have the attitude that you are feeding Lord Sri Krishna;When you bathe him,feel that you are bathing Krishna;Adore him as Lord Sri Krishna'.She readily took to this advice and was blessed by the Vision of Lord Sri Krishna.

How does this work?Love is innate in us and it is smothered by attachment and infatuation-Love is mixed with the Pleasure that it gives us,It is tinged with our love for our petty self.If we can somehow filter this,and fan the Flame of Love so that the smoke goes off,this is the path of Bhakti.Love offers itself.

Sri Ramakrishna had this unique knack of putting on track anyone with whatever disabilities;His advice converted their seeming  weakness into strengths and assets for Sadhana.This is the Characteristic Stamp of a Great Teacher;He will lead everyone according to his predeliction,position in Life ,capacity and capability.

Namaskar.