Author Topic: Lalitha Sahasranama  (Read 31437 times)

ksksat27

• View Profile
Re: Lalitha Sahasranama
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 04:00:55 PM »
Thanks Subramaniam Sir for ur inputs . Will do accordingly . It has strengthened me more .

Sri Rudram is wonderful vedic verse open to even Ladies.

It makes one immediately pure on chanting.

Further it is on our Father Arunachelswhara --  a child trying to call father's names but commits some mistakes --  dont think Arunachala will look into this and punish for that.

If you have Heart in Heart pure faith and love,   there is nothing wrong to fullow a tape recorder with a book.

If Shiva starts calculating our sins,  even a bird cannot fly.

If your intention and deovtion is strong,  please continue following Sri Rudram through a book.

Only thing is you can avoid chanting separately.

This may not be applicable to other vedic portions.

Though I would say --  this reply i am giving in a normal tone.

But with the reply of Lalitha Sahsranama ,  you made me shed tears by the topic.

It rushed forth with such an authority.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
really appreciate the earnestness and devotion of all, however, it does not take a penny, one can request an elder to initiate the sAdhanA. It has been the practice, and its also our duty to carry forward the tradition. Taking initiation is no big ritual, one has to begin anything with gurumukham, in face of a guru, after having prostrated to such an elder.

I want to make it clear, i have not expressed any individual view and opinions. I am merely a post master, delivering the same (the existing practices), what i have received from various respected elders and sources.

Having said these, each person has an equation with ones personal God, one may listen to ones heart and proceed.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
Dear Krishnan,

Rudram is more difficult to chant, because of  more difficult pronunciation. It is a long poem and takes more time.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2012, 02:14:15 PM »
Saw the following wonderful input regarding Chanting of Sri Lalitha Sahasranama from Internet .

Friend,

No doubt that Sri lalita Sahasra Namams are very Powerful.

These Lalita sahasra Naamams are Highly potent and Sacred and very Secret or Rahasya , Namams.

To chant these naamams with Panchatanmaatra Pooja, Anganyaasa and Karanyaasa and therecitation of moola Mantra with 5 Beeja Aksharams, one needs Upadesam from a Sadguru and
certain discipline is a must.

But for all ladies and gents who have no UPADESAM , the Scriptures very clearly said, that these naamams without moola Mantra and Anganyaasa karanyaasa can be recited, with some Suchi and Subratha,.

Thereis ABSOLUTELY NO DANGER OR ANY ADVERSE EFFECTS FROM RECITING THESE NAAMAMS AS SAID ABOVE.

These Naamams contain, in hidden shape all Beeja Aksharams in the Naamams .So you get FULL BENEFIT.

Please recite with no fear.Lalita is our Mother.She is the Most affectionate Mother.

Be blessed and recite .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 02:25:15 PM »
Chanting the names of God have a tremendous purifying effect even when chanted unknowingly. What needs to be said of a single divine name chanted with full concentration and devotion? It annihilates all sins. - Sri Sri Bharati Tirtha Mahaswamigal.

Sri Bharati Teertha Mashawamy has compiled a selected 108 Names from the 1008 namavali of Goddess Lalitha Devi for people to chant daily during Navarathri especially for  those who cant do daily chanting of the 1008 names .It is in PDF File and I cant attach it here but is available if you google search it .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2012, 03:32:04 PM »
Sri Atmavichar,

i just saw your post here, just wanted to say that my post in "My Musings" about initiation (Master TGN) is no related to your post :) just that you should not mistake it as an indirect response to this. Only now, I am happening to see your post here! Friend, kindly proceed with your chanting, your earnestness is automatically initiated :)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »
No Probs Nagaraj .
Om Peace .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 07:25:54 PM »
Dear Nagaraj, atmavichar, Krishnan and others,

Sri Lalita Sahasranamam says: antar mukha samaradya bahir mukha sudhir laba.

She is more easily available , when one chants the names within lips meditating her form (Sri Lalita Tripura Sundari) than the
pujas done outside with out-turned mind.

It starts as Sri Mata and end as Siva Sivasakti Aikya roopini.

The mother becomes Father-mother concorporate form at the end.

Arunachala Siva.   

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
So Divine Mother has finally answered .
From Today i.e Mon 29 Oct 2012 , on Shankara TV , Sri Lalitha Sahasranama is being taught  Vidwan KL Srinivasan from 5 p.m - 5.20/5.30 p.m  in their Gurukulam Series .Today first 3 verses were covered .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »
Dear atmavichar,

Yes. I have also been listening to it. This clearly shows my surmise that Sri Lalita Sahasranamam chanting requires no initiation.
You may be observing that Srinivasan is correcting their children for correct pronunciation and raga. These are important.

Arunachala Siva 

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 05:01:21 PM »
True Subramaniam Sir
That is what I am saying .Divine mother has answered by giving 2 hints :
1) as it is being taught to kids , all can chant
2) for those who need initiation of proper pronunciation this program does the same and I take it for myself that this is an initiation for me .

I missed the first 5-10 mts , can u just summarize what he told in the introduction .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
Dear Atmavichar,

Sri Matha - You are Mother;
Sri Maharajni - You are the Queen of Himalayas or the queen in the heart of  Siva.
Srimad Simhasanechavari  - She is sitting on the throne in  her palace with four legs as brahma, rudra, indra and vishnu
and Siva as her bedspread!
Chidagni kunta sambuhat - She is in  the Heart as Agni, the roaring mind. Mind = Maya =Sakti
Devakarya Samudyatha - She is completing the work for devas, by kllling, Chanda and Munda and other demons.

Arunachala Siva.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
Re: Lalitha Sahasranamam
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2013, 05:14:32 AM »
Namaskaram, all

I didn't want to start a separate thread for my question. So, I thought I would stick it in here.

How often and when is the Sri chakra puja done in Ramana ashram.  I read somewhere six times a month - every Friday, full moon and ?????

Thank you
Child of Arunachala

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2013, 09:25:56 AM »

Dear Child,

It is done every Friday evening and on full moon day. So it becomes about 5 or 6 times a month.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »
In Sri Ramana Ashram Sri Chakra Puja is done on
1) Every Friday
2) Every Pournami
3) Every starting of Tamil Month .

Some times these dates may co-incides with each other