Author Topic: What is meant to be, will be, fight it if you may  (Read 3098 times)

right2be

• View Profile
What is meant to be, will be, fight it if you may
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:55:42 AM »
Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj explains to not push life about, what is meant to happen will happen, fight it if you may.

Does this mean that self realisation is meant to happen for some and not meant to happen for others ?
There are some people which live very ignorant lives and even if presented with the materials to end suffering will not follow or take these materials seriously.

Does this mean that fight it if you may but self realisation for these people is not meant to be ?

If I do not understand the true meaning of what Maharaj is saying to us, please help me understand so I may see this teaching clearly and without a clouded mind.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 03:57:21 AM by ivac_d »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: What is meant to be, will be, fight it if you may
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 04:24:44 AM »
Dear ivac_d, No,it doasnt mean that. That kind of words we need to use very carefully. It doasnt mean we should stop living and fight for our ideals,values,dreams. We need all that,we need motive to live,to accomplish anything. We cannot even know what is predestined for us. Maybe is just that,fight. Only not to fight for unnecesary things,for power,presstige,but for realisation,and our Big dreams we need to strive. I wont call it fight,but striving. Not to torture ourself in try,only one step at a time. We need to do that for realisation,with all heart we have,but in same time,patiently,to know to rest when is needed. Only that. Everyone who needs to fight,will fight,and that one who is not interested in realisation will come to it eventually. We All are ment for Realisation,that is our destiny. No one will be lost. And that one who tries that,can open new doors for Divine to enter,and change that what he thinks is predestined. Everything can happen in this playground of God.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:30:01 AM »
Just know something for sure dear Ivac, Every effort we make toward Self Realisation counts. A thousand times more than effort itself. If You take this path with all Your heart,earnestly,Self Realisation will be there. Only rest sometimes,when You feel You need it.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 05:40:59 AM »
Jewell,
Wonderful posts.
Namaskar.

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:04 AM »
Dear Jewellji,

I completely agree with you. Being patient and taking rest is important. Of late, I have been trying to push myself a lot in my sadhana but notice that it backfires. It has to come more naturally and be done joyfully. Reminds me of when my son was learning to swim and was trying too hard and was hardly moving in the water. His teacher asked him to slow down his strokes to be able to go further.

Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:46:58 AM »
Thank you jewell for answering my question,

I have a second question now. What exactly does it mean in general what is mean to happen will happen ?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:37:42 PM »
Dear ivac-d,

It means that whatever has to happen, however much you avoid it. He also said: Whatever that might not happen, will not happen,
however much you try to make it happen, Hence it is better to remain silent.,

This is what Sri Bhagavan gave as an upadesa to His Mother,

Arunachala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
There is no such as destiny. The so called prarabdha, sanchita or kriyamana karmas do not actually exist. Everything is God's Will. God does not need to "predestine" your life because He is here before, now and forever and is always active. What Sages want to say in my opinion is only that - God decides what are going to be the results of your actions and this is not your choice. He alone can choose if your life will be based on your actions on your 350000000-th incarnation or yesterday or whatever other He chooses. It is never said that the life is some fixed line of events. If it was, the common people and the Sages would not pray to the Lord. Sri Ramana has not cured His illness not because He couldn't but because He had no will left to decide that. Lord Jesus has cured and helped so many people not because it was destined to but because the Lord within Him (which is He Himself) sent Him to the world. Like Jewell I think that we must be very careful when we talk about destiny and its interpretation. And I don't think Bhagavan Ramana was fatalist.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
Dear Hari,

There are many hair splitting debates on Destiny and Free will.

Sri Bhagavan says that this is only for who lack discrimination.

Si Bhagavan clearly clarifies this in Verse 1 9 of Sat Darsanam

Arunachala Siva.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 05:10:24 PM »
Dear Hari,

There are many hair splitting debates on Destiny and Free will.

Sri Bhagavan says that this is only for who lack discrimination.

Si Bhagavan clearly clarifies this in Verse 1 9 of Sat Darsanam

Arunachala Siva.

It is not needed to debate anythig. But it is not fair to discourage people saying them "You will not 'get enlightenment' because it is not your destiny" or something like that. Such 'hair splittings' sometimes ruin lives so please don't neglect them so easily.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »
Dear ivac_d, It means what is needed to happen will happen. What is ment for our growth. That is only sure thing,growth. The most important thing is that we cannot know what will happen. We can only follow our heart,and do what ever we must to do and we feel we need to do. With prayers and love...

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 06:08:52 PM »
we look ahead and see choices ... we look behind and see there were none   :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
Dear Beloved Abstract, Very true indeed!

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
Dear lathaji, Yes,same happened to me. To try to hard,and tire my self in the process. Then i learn to follow my intition,feeling,and rest when i need,enjoy when i need,and do self enquiry when i feel i can do it. Sometimes i am doing it all the time,sometimes i have period when i rest. Than it is joy,like You said. :) With prayers and love...

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
Dear Hari, I share Your thoughts! It is very complex subject indeed.