Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings  (Read 197030 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings
« Reply #870 on: December 09, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »
Bhagavan Ramana Teachings:

During the fifty four years of Bhagavan Ramana's spiritual reign from Arunachala, countless seekers of Wisdom came to Him
from far and near.  They had only to spend a brief period while in His presence before they realized that here was Being
totally devoid of body consciousness and ego, and here was truly Bhagavan, the Divine One.

Sri Ramana did not have to proclaim 'I am God' or 'I am Brahman'. The truth stuck out a thousand miles,literally.  What is more,
in His Presence one lost one's individuality and understood one's unity with all beings. When one saw that Bhagavan was  merely
showed equality and fraternity with men and women, birds, goats, cows, monkeys deer, dogs, snakes and so on, but was in total
indivisible oneness with them, one spontaneously felt the divinity of every living being, including plants and trees.

V.Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 09, 2014, 01:51:17 PM »
The body is within the Self.

Yet one imagines one is inside the inert body, like the viewer who imagines the screen on which the picture is shown is within
the picture.

Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go.

Pure Consciousness is indivisible. It has no form and no shape, no 'within' and 'without'.  Nothing is outside or apart from it.
Consciousness can have no particular place assigned to it in the physical body.  What is the reason?

The body is itself a mere projection of the mind, and the mind is but a poor reflection of the radiant Heart.

How can That, in which everything is contained, be itself confined to a tiny part of the physical body?

But people do not understand this.

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 09, 2014, 04:56:49 PM »
Dear Pythagoras,

Bhagavan's teachings do not specify individual soul in the same manner as do really think.  There is no individual soul.,
according to Him.  The individual soul (atma) is only a reflection of Universal Soul (Paramatma). It is like a pot where
there is inside a lamp.  The pot has got many holes.  The light of the lamp is reflected outside and falls in different
places depending on the holes. All light is from the lamp inside.  There is only one soul that is Universal Soul (Paramatma)
and there are no individual souls.  There are only individual  jivas. The soul is felt by the seeker inside the right side of
the chest two digits from the center, as effulgence.

What Bhagavan refers is only  Jiva, the body-mind-ego consciousness.  It is this that makes us feel separate from the
Universal Soul (Paramatma). If the ego/mind is annihilated one becomes a mukta or gets liberation (merging with the Universal
Soul).

In deep sleep the mind is in suspended animation. The Paramatma is ever there in each body.  Even in dead bodies.
When a jiva dies, it is only his mind with all the vasanas take him to a different body for a fresh birth.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 10, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »

Kunju Swami, an old Asramite, often used to say, that while an Avatara is not necessarily a total manifestation of the  Self,
a Sthita Prajna like Bhagavan is. Actually, Bhagavan said that since the Self ever is, where  is the question of avatarana or
descent.  Sri Ramana, whom Sri Aurobindo once referred to as a 'spiritual colossus', did not move among men an an awesome,
Superior Being, not even as a first among the equals, not even as one among equals, but as a Pure Non dual Essence.  There
were not two of any kind for Bhagavan. The Guru and the disciples, men and women, Jnani and ajnani, the good and the bad, man
and the beast were all the One Self for Him.  Indeed 'We are That.' The plural WE vanishes into the singular, non dual That.
Naan udiya ulla niai naam adhuvaai ulla nilai. (The State in which 'I' does not arise is the State in which We are That - Ulladu
Narpadu Verse 27)

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 10, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
You say 'I have come to this Asramam all the way from my country beyond the Himalayas'. 

But that is not the truth.

Where is 'coming' or 'going' or any movement whatever for the One, all pervading Spirit which you really are?

You are always where you have always been.

This is the simple truth.

But to a person who considers himself a subject living in an objective world, it appears as something altogether visionary!

So you see it is wrong to suppose that awareness has passing phases.

The Self is always aware.

Subjects and objects are creations in Pure Consciousness.

Consciousness is the same as the Self.

Get rid of subject and object and Pure Consciousness will alone remain.

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2014, 12:26:15 PM »

The idea of God (Iswara, Yahweh, or Jehovah, Allah, Ahura Mazda and so on ) has obsessed man since millennia. A Western
thinker, when asked what, according to him, was the greatest human invention said, God. Voltaire, French satirist par
excellence, said if God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.  Of the Immanuel Kant, the  German philosopher,
it is said, that in book he denied God, in a second  he affirmed God, and in a third, The Critique of Judgement he found Him!
Another German philosopher Friedrich Nietzche, declared 'God is dead'.  When someone knocked at the door of the Sufi Saint
Bayazid and asked, 'Is Bayazid there?' , the saint answered 'Is anybody here except God?' Gandhiji who kept saying, 'God is
Truth' later started saying 'Truth is God'. On his returning to earth, the first Soviet Cosmonaut said that he could not find God
anywhere in space. When St. John of the Cross of Spain came out after serving a term in prison, he said, 'When I was in
prison, I was so intoxicated with God that when I came out I could not see anything except Him, everywhere'!

So there have been in every country believers in God, non believers, and agnostics who neither believed nor disbelieved.
There are those who find God everywhere, those who find Him only in places of worship and others who don't see Him
everywhere!

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.                     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »
As a lamp banishes all darkness with its light, so the effulgence of the Self, which is Pure Consciousness, annihilates the veiling
darkness arising from Ignorance.

It shines of itself.

But when the Sun has risen, there is no need for a lamp. So it is with the mind and the Heart. When the mind is turned inwards,
the source of illumination shines forth by itself. 

Can there be darkness before the Sun?  Can there be ignorance before the Self luminous Self?

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 12, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »

'Awakening' is Godhood.  An awakened man realizes that his Consciousness is God. The disorder that exists in our sleepy,
dreamy lives vanishes when we wake up and find our true identity.

Bhagavan Ramana says that our so called wakeful state is a dream, only it is a long dream.

The Jnani, the Awakened, Self Realized one says:

'I slept and dreamt that the world was real.'

I woke and found 'I am Brahman' or 'Sivoham' (I am Siva) or Anal's Haqq or even as Bhagavan pointed out 'I AM'.

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 12, 2014, 11:39:38 AM »
To see a light, no other light is needed.

So also, the Self, being self luminous, needs no other means of knowledge.

The white light of the Self transcends both light and darkness.

From the Self proceeds, the light of pure mind, which gives room for the existence of all the film of the world.

You are surrounded by sunlight.

Still, if you would not the Sun, you must turn your eyes in His direction.

See the Sun, and there is no darkness.

See the Self, and ignorance will be found not to exist.

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 13, 2014, 03:15:36 PM »

Not only these but a thousand other questions are answered by Bhagavan Ramana mostly in Silence and at times
by a few chosen words.  Those who make a careful study of His printed works will find the whole riddle of life and
death solved by Him.

Bhagavan always says, 'Know yourself first. What kind of knowledge is the knowledge of diverse things when the Self
that is true Knowledge remains unknown?' He often asked the questioner: 'Who asks the question?' That turned the questioner
inwards . Many realized in Bhagavan's presence that He is the core of one's own being and that He dwells in one's own heart.

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 13, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »
The Sun illumines the universe, whereas as the Sun of Arunachala is so dazzling that the universe is obscured and an
unbroken brilliance remains.
]

The ordinary lotus blossoms in the light of the visible sun, whereas the subtle Heart blossoms only before the Sun of Suns.

May Arunachala make my heart blossom so that His unbroken brilliance may shine all alone@!

Iswara said, 'Since  this Linga rose up as a Hill of 'Fire, it shall be known as Arunachala. When a fight,arose between
Brahma and Vishnu, I manifested in the form of Light in order to remove their delusion. Thus I became the unmoving Linga
named Arunachala.'

After the Rain;

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 14, 2014, 02:36:03 PM »

'Turn Inward', 'Be'.  The Sadguru in human form pushes you inward and when you really, wholly turn inward, the Sadguru who is ever present in everyone as the Self, takes you over from within, 'Be the Self.'

One is Self. One is Chit, Pure Consciousness. One is God because the pure Consciousness is limitless, eternal, all pervasive,
non dual and is perfect Bliss and Peace. In Bhagavan Ramana, the external and internal Guru are one. If seeing the Self is seeing
God, seeing Sri Ramana is to be the Self. So instant is the transmission!

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.                 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 14, 2014, 02:42:13 PM »
For the human eye, it is only a form of earth and stone.

But its real form is Jyoti.  When Brahma and Vishnu saw it, it appeared as a pillar of Light enveloping the whole universe.

It was only later that it appeared as a Mountain.

This is Iswara's Gross Body, Jyoti itself is the subtle body, illumination which fills the whole universe,

That which is beyond these is Reality.

A-ru-na means Sat Chit Annada, the identity of the individual Self and the Supreme Self.

Arunachala means Hill of Wisdom.

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 15, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »

There is nothing higher or more sacred than the Pure Consciousness and nothing is apart from it.  There is no God other than It.
Self Realization is that State in which one has the plenary experience of one's own nature, one's Chit Swarupa, which is without
beginning and end. It is unbroken Awareness - Bliss - Upadesa Undiyar, 28. 

Bhagavan taught this Truth by being the Self.  His words, both written and spoken, have tremendous power and beauty while
His Silence is unfathomable.  He is verily the eternal Silent Teacher. One realized in His presence sooner or later, that to know
God, we have to be God and God we are. Now and for ever!  What separates us from our Godhood is our individuality, our ego,
which is a 'phantom', a myth.

V. Ganesan.

Arunachala Siva.         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 15, 2014, 01:15:09 PM »
Inside this Hill, there is a Cave which is brilliance itself, glorious, with light. If one inquires, 'Who am I?', if one inquires Whence
this 'I' springs -- and realize it -- then, within one's heart, the omnipresent Lord Arunachala will shine as 'I'.

The finality of the universe is the Lord Arunachala.  Meditating on Him, there is a mental vibration'I' to which all are reduced.

The Seat of Realization is within.

The seeker cannot find it as an object outside himself.

Hence it is called the Heart.

The only useful purpose of the present birth is to turn within and realize it.  There is nothing else to do.

After the Rain.

Arunachala Siva.