Author Topic: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings  (Read 197459 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Bhagavan Ramana Teachings
« Reply #1140 on: February 23, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »
Verse 5 of Arunai Ramanesan of Muruganar in Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai:

தஞ்சமென தாள் சேர்ந்தார் பாரம் எல்லாம்
 தன் தலை மேல் தலை விதியாத் தாங்குமாமே
சஞ்சலம் ஆற்றோர் ஏங்கும் உபசாந்த வாழ்க்கை
 தற் சார்ந்தார் தமக்கியல் பிற் சமையுமாமே
நஞ்சு குடித்தால் கை நாகக் கோட்டு
 நாப்பணகப் பட்டாலும் நவையின் தாமே
அஞ்சலெச் சொல்லி எனை ஆண்ட பெம்மான்
 அவனாகில் அருணை ரமணேசனாமே.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 23, 2015, 09:56:18 AM »
English Translation of the above verse by Prof. K. Swaminathan:

On His dedicated head He carries,
As if it were  His own, all burdens
His devotees should bear.
He bestows on them with natural ease
A rich life filled with peace serene.
Even if I have drunk poison, or if
I am caught between the tusks of elephants.
'Fear not' He tells me and protects me.
This Lord Ramana of Aruna.

Arunchala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 24, 2015, 12:55:50 AM »
Bhagavan Ramana Teachings:

Devotee: How is all immanent God said to reside in dharakasa (Ether of the Heart)?

Bhagavan: Do we not reside in one place? Do you not say you reside in your body?
Similarly God said to reside in Hritpundarakia (the heart lotus). The heart lotus is not a place.Some name is mentioned
as the place of God because we think we are in the body.  This kind of instruction is meant for those who can appreciate
only relative knowledge.. Being immanent everywhere there is no particular place for God.  Because we think we are in
the body we also believe that we are born. However we do not think of the body, of God or of the method of realization
in our deep slumber. Yet in our waking state we hold on to the body and think we are in it.

Talks

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 24, 2015, 01:04:41 AM »

Dr. Syed: How is Grace to be obtained?

Maharshi: Similarly to obtaining the Self.

Devotee: Practically how is to be for us?

Maharshi: By self surrender.

Devotee:Grace was said to be the 'Self. Should I then surrender to my Self?

Maharshi: Yes. To the one from whom Grace is sought.God, Guru and Self are only different forms of the same.

Devotee:Please explain so that I may understand.

Maharshi: So long as you think you are the individual you believe in God. On worshipping God, God appears to you
as Guru. On serving Guru He manifests as the Self.This is the rationale.

Taks.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 24, 2015, 05:33:52 AM »

Devotee: What does Sri Bhagavan think of Pravritti and Nivritti Margas?

Maharshi:  Yes.  Both are mentioned.  What of that?

Devotee: Which is the better of the two?

Maharshi: If you see the Self  -pure and simple- it is Nirvritti. If you see the Self with the world,it is Pravritti. In other words,
inward looking mind (antarmukha manas) is Nirvritti; outward going mind (bahirmukha manas)is Pravritti.Anyway,there is
nothing apart from the Self.Both are the same.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 24, 2015, 05:39:02 AM »

Mr. Cohen: What is Will? I mean - where does it fit in,in the scheme of things.?

Maharshi: The 'I-thought' arises first and then all other thoughts.They  comprise the mind. The mind is the object and the 'I'
is the subject. Can there be will without the 'I'?  The 'I-thought' is the vijnanamaya kosa - (intellectual sheath)  Will is included
in it.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 24, 2015, 05:49:03 AM »

Devotee: Was the Self pure in deep sleep?

Maharshi: It does not raise any doubts.It did not feel imperfect or impure.

Devotee: Such Self is common to all,even in a dead body.

Maharshi:  But the man in sleep or in dead body does not raise questions. Consider who raises questions.It is you.Were
you not in sleep? Why was there no imperfection? The pure Self is simple Being. It does not associate itself with objects
and become conscious as in the wakeful state. What you now call consciousness in the present state is associated
consciousness requiring brain,mind,body  etc.,  to depend upon.But in sleep consciousness persisted without these.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.   

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 24, 2015, 07:09:53 AM »

Devotee: Does the Tantrik Sadhanas bring about Self Realization?

Bhagavan:Yes.

Devotee: Which worship in Tantra is the best?

Bhagavan: It depends on temperament.

Devotee: What part does Kundalini play in bringing about Self Realization?

Bhagavan:  Kundalini rises from any lakshya that you have. Kundalini is prana-sakti (life current).

Devotee: Different deities are said to reside in different Chakras. Does one seen them in course of Sadhana?

Bhagavan:  They can be seen if desired.

Devotee:Does the path to Self Realization go through Samadhi?

Bhagavan:  They are synonymous.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 24, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »

Devotee:  Can the soul remain without the body?

Bhagavan:  It  will  be so for a short time hence - in deep slumber, The Self is bodiless. Even now it is so.

Devotee: Can a sannyasi remain in the midst of samsara?

Bhagavan: So long one thinks that he is a sannyasi, he is not one, so long as  one does not think of samsara,  he is
not a samsari;  on the other hand he is a  sannyasi.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2015, 08:38:37 AM »

A Pujabi gentleman, a doctor by profession, came here with his wife to visit Sri Bhagavan.  He was in the Hall when Sri
Bhagavan came in after lunch.  Then he asked, 'How should I meditate? I do not have peace of mind.'

Bhagavan: Peace is our real nature.  It need not be obtained.  Our thoughts must be obliterated. 

Devotee:  I have been trying to obliterate them but I am not successful.

Bhagavan: The Gita method is the only one for it. Whenever mind strays away, bring back to bear on meditation.

Devotee: I cannot bring my mind to meditate.

Another devotee: An elephant when free puts its trunk here and there and feels restless.  If a length of chain is given to it,
the trunk holds it and is no longer restless.  Similarly, mind without an aim is restless, with an aim it remains at peace.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva,         

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 24, 2015, 08:44:22 AM »

While discussing Karma, Sri Bhagavan said: 'Karma has its fruit (Phala). They are like cause and effect. The inter relation
of a cause and its effect is due to a Sakti whom we call God.  God is phala data, dispenser of fruit.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 24, 2015, 09:12:28 AM »

Explaining Maya of Vedanta and swatantra of  Pratyabhijina (independence of recognition), Sri Bhagavan said:

The Vedantins say that Maya is the Sakti of illusion premised in Siva.  Maya has no independent existence.  Having
brought out the illusion of the world as real, she continues to play upon the ignorance of the victims.When the reality
of her not being is found,she disappears. 'Recognition' says that Sakti (power) is coeval with Siva. The one does not
exist without the other.  Siva is unmanifest,whereas Sakti is manifest on account of Her independent will swatantra.
Her manifestation is the display of the cosmos on pure consciousness,like images in a mirror. The images cannot
remain in the absence of an independent existence.

Talks.

Arunachala Siva.       

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 02, 2015, 10:52:24 AM »
THE SOUND OF OM FROM THE SUN
A LETTER FROM SRI V.GANESAN
Dear brothers and sisters,
Namaskar.

I am very fond of repeatedly sharing with you the glorious event that took place in the beginning of the last few weeks of our Great Master's Mahanirvana . Devotees had arranged for a Japa = chanting of mantras, at Ashram's Veda Pathasala. This special chanting, called " Mrutyunjaya Japa " is a prayer to the Death God to save the particular soul from the ensuing death !

Sri Bhagavan adhered to the request of devotees and every day while going to the Goshala (Cow-shed) would stop in front of the Veda Pathasala and receive in His hand the holy water given to Him and religiously drink it. One day, the delivering of the chanted water to Him was delayed; and yet, He stood there unmoved. Munagala Venkataramiah (author of " Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi " ) brought the holy water from the Veda Pathasala and gave it to Sri Bhagavan.
Receiving it in His right palm, Sri Bhagavan looked up at the 'SUN ' and pointing to His right chest, chanted a mantra from the Upanishad : "Yeschaayam Purushey Yescha Savaadithye Sa Ekaha ", meaning : " That Energy which is in the 'SUN' and that Energy which is in 'me', are one and the same ."

Today, I have received the video which resonates with the 'sound', 'chant' of " OM " emanating from SUN, recorded by the scientists. Isn't that wonderful?

Let us always follow the guidance given by our Great Master BHAGAVAN RAMANA !

May Sri Bhagavan continue to guide us and bless us !

With warm Regards,
Ganesan

From Alan Jacob
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 02, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »
Devotee:  I am not able to do so (having Vairagya) by myself.  I am in search of a force  to  help me.

Bhagavan: Yes.  What is called Grace.  Individually we are incapable because the mind is weak.  Grace is necessary.  Sadhu Seva
is meant only for that.  There is however nothing new to get.  Just as a weak man comes under the control of a stronger one,
the weak mind of a man comes under control easily in the presence if the strong minded Sadhus.  That which is - is only Grace.
There is nothing else.

Talks 287.

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 03, 2015, 05:46:24 AM »
Devotee: How is realization made possible?

Maharshi: There is the absolute Self from which a spark proceeds as from fire.  The spark is called the Ego. In the case of an
ignorant man it identifies itself with an object simultaneously with its rise. It cannot remain independent of such association
with objects. This association is ajnana or ignorance, whose destruction is the objective of our efforts.  If its objectifying
tendency is killed, it remains pure, and also merges into the Source.  The wrong identification with the body is dehatma-
buddhi, I am the body idea.  This must go before good results follow:

Devotee: How to eradicate it?

Maharshi:  We exist in Sushupti without being associated with the body and mind.But in two other states we are associated
with them.  If one with the body, how can we exist without the body, in sushupti?  We can separate ourselves from that which
is external to us and not from which is one with us.  Hence the ego is not one with the body.  This must be realized in the waking
state.  Avasthathraya should be studied only for gaining this outlook.

The ego in its purity is experienced in intervals between two states or two thoughts.

Talks 286.

Arunachala Siva.