Author Topic: How many days makes one mandalam?  (Read 5967 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
How many days makes one mandalam?
« on: October 08, 2012, 12:13:43 PM »
I want to get clarified How Many days make one Mandalam . When do some stotra chanting ( like Vshnu Sahasranama etc ) for 1 Mandalam then does it mean we chant it for 40 days or 42 or 45 or 48 days ?
Some say it is 40 but others give different nos . I know it does not matter much if we chant for few more days the names of God but just for technical purpose I want to know  whether it is 40 days or more than 40 days so that when I finish exactly 1 Mandalam of Parayanam of any stotra then I can make some special dish as Prasadam and do a special Pooja for almighty after I complete 1 Mandalam and restart the next Parayana .
So hoping for inputs from members here .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: How many days makes one mandalam?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
One Mandalam is 48 Days, it is said when somebody doing some particular Sadhana, one has to do it without fail for 48 days, one mandalam, only then will the Sadhana get the fruits of what tapas he performs.

There are several scientific reasons for these calculations, i will get back to you once i gather more information.

If one's mind has peace, the whole world will appear peaceful.

~ Sri Bhagavan

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: How many days makes one mandalam?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:24:01 PM »
One Mandalam is 48 Days, it is said when somebody doing some particular Sadhana, one has to do it without fail for 48 days, one mandalam, only then will the Sadhana get the fruits of what tapas he performs.

There are several scientific reasons for these calculations, i will get back to you once i gather more information.

Thanks Sri Nagaraj for this info . There was some confusion whether it is 40 or 48 as some people said that Iyyappa devotees maintain 40 days vratham . As I said for me it does not matter chanting for a few more days but  I want to know exactly when I complete 1 Mandalam so that on the day of conclusion I can do a better Puja and offer better Naivedyam and conclude it in a more enriching manner .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha