Author Topic: Problem vs Solution  (Read 2178 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Problem vs Solution
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:48:34 PM »
Friends,

One fine day, a bus driver went to the bus garage, started his bus, and drove off along the route. No problems for the first few stops - a few people got on, a few got off, and things went generally well.

At the next stop, however, a big hulk of a Pathan got on. Six feet four, built like a wrestler, arms hanging down to the ground. He glared at the conductor and said, "Pathan doesn't pay!" and sat down at the back.

Conductor didn't argue with Pathan, but he wasn't happy about it. The next day the same thing happened – Pathan got on again, made a show of refusing to pay, and sat down. And the next day, and the next..

This grated on the bus driver, who started losing sleep over the way Pathan was taking advantage of the poor conductor. Finally he could stand it no longer. He signed up for body building courses, karate, judo, and all that good stuff.

By the end of the summer, he had become quite strong; what's more, he felt really good about himself. So, on the next Monday, when Pathan once again got on the bus and said, "Pathan doesn't pay!"

The driver stood up, glared back at Pathan, and screamed, "And why not?"

With a surprised look on his face, Pathan replied, "Pathan has a bus pass."

Lesson: Be sure there is a problem in the first place before working hard to solve one.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Problem vs Solution
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
Dear Ravi,

Nice story. Many problems are imaginary. We get into quixotic solutions to solve them.

Suppose there is a power cut. We worry whether there is problem with the fuse. Or some snapping of electrical
connections. etc., etc  ., Then suddenly my young son comes and tells me: Appa! There is no power in the neighbor's house
also. 

Hubba. The problem is solved. Let us wait till power supply is resumed to all.   All peace.

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 10:36:40 AM »
:D nice one, and so true, this is i guess a normal aspect in most houses, in some way or the other. Reminded me of Mulla Nasruddin stories :)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »
 :D :D :D :D This looks like us,spiritual seekers...

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »
Dear Tushnim.Asanam, :)

Yes,snake and rope..

Ravi.N

• View Profile
conversation of two deaf men
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 04:09:12 PM »
Friends,

Two deaf men who were friends  met each other as they came out of their home.One of them carried a suitcase and the other asked him:
Plain  Deaf:"Are you going to Chidambaram"?
Traveller Deaf:"No,I am Going to Chidambaram"
Plain Deaf:"Oh!For a moment I thought you are going to Chidambaram"
Traveller Deaf:"Oh! Next time when I go To chitalapakkam,i will let you know"

Sometimes conversations are like this  :)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Nice. It is also happening some times.

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 05:07:04 PM »
Once on a hot day, in Tiruvannamalai, two pandits (who had come to meet Sri Bhagavan) were discucssing some Vedanta
Sutras, in high tone and they were arguing endlessly. Sri Bhagavan, after some time, came out and told them: Why are you
discussing in hot weather near the well? Come in and keep yourself calm and still for some time.

The pandits did not understand. However in obedience to Sri Bhagavan's words, they came in and sat silently in the Hall.

Sri Bhagavan used to say about ignorance and learned ignorance. Upadesa Saram says:

That is true knowledge which transcends
Both knowledge and ignorance,
For in pure knowledge
Is no object to be known.

Perhaps Pandits did not read this verse.

Arunachala Siva.