Author Topic: Urgent assistance required on traveling from Bangalore  (Read 2649 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Urgent assistance required on traveling from Bangalore
« on: September 20, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Dear Subramanian and others from Bangalore,

I am from Hyderabad and wanted to know whether traveling from Chennai to Trvanmlai is nearer or Blore to Trvnmlai is nearer? If Blore is nearer kindly assist me how to travel by bus from Blore railway station. Please be informed that I am aware from Chennai and just wanted to save some time.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Urgent assistance required on traveling from Bangalore
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 04:13:45 PM »
Dear vinod,

Tiruvannamlai is equidistant from Bangalore and Chennai.  It is almost on the mid point (not on  a straight line) but by way
of distance. You can travel from Chennai by car or bus. You can also travel from Bangalore by car or bus.  There is no train
connection to T'malai right now, since they are converting the old meter gauge lines to broad gauge.

Arunachala Siva.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »
Dear Subramanian and others from Bangalore,

I am from Hyderabad and wanted to know whether traveling from Chennai to Trvanmlai is nearer or Blore to Trvnmlai is nearer? If Blore is nearer kindly assist me how to travel by bus from Blore railway station. Please be informed that I am aware from Chennai and just wanted to save some time.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Dear Vinod

The journey from Bangalore to Thiruvannamalai by normal buses will be very tedious ,  the reason being the roads are very dumpy and with pothholes.

From Chennai the road is far better and one can travel in normal buses also as roads are very well laid.

However from Bangalore,  if you want to travel without the strain of the journey,  there is one SRS travels every night at 10 PM.  It will reach TMalai around 4 AM and this bus actually heads towards Kariakal.

Another option is KSRTC Volvo AC bus that starts every morning at 8:30 AM at Shanthi Nagar bustand which goes via arunachala to Pondicherry.

One other option is KSRTC 2+2 seater that starts at 8:30 PM and reach TMalai around 1 AM midnight.

Hope this information helps.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
Dear Vinod,

As Krishnan said, considering the availability of comfortable buses and good roads., it is better to travel from Chennai.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 09:22:15 PM »
Dear Vinod,

If you are traveling at night from Chennai/Bangalore to tiruvannamalai, you may prefer a Volvo bus in  which
the journey will be more comfortable, without feeling the bumps and with a good leg space, while sitting.
Er. Anil used to travel by such bus.  You can reach T'mlai by 5.00 am.  You can catch a auto to Asramam.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
Dear Subramanian & KSK,

Thank you so much! for your immediate response and assistance. I just wanted to save time by traveling to Blore and then to Tvnmlai but unfortunately its still time consuming. However i will continue my usual route of Chennai. Even I heard of Volvo but i think the trips are just 1 or 2 per day and moreover the time also must clash with my arrival in Chennai. Okay, still I will find out the timings and lets see whether I can get volvo or not.

Once again thank you for your hospitality.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I wish you safe and comfortable journey - to and fro - and nice and heart filling time in T'malai.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06:12 PM »
Thank you so much sir!

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

I have enquired about it by phone and also personally after reaching Chennai but unfortunately there is no Volvo or A/C from Chennai on normal days, but not sure on special occasions.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

I have enquired about it by phone and also personally after reaching Chennai but unfortunately there is no Volvo or A/C from Chennai on normal days, but not sure on special occasions.

I think there is one SETC bus available which is AC.

Also try seabirdtourist website.  They have launched volvo AC for Bangalore.