Author Topic: Tiger Skin and Deer Skin  (Read 3081 times)

saraskrishna

• View Profile
Tiger Skin and Deer Skin
« on: September 20, 2012, 11:57:14 AM »
Dear Subramanian Sir and others,

Can one of you share here who/how did the tiger skin / deer skin were gifted to Bhagawan and whether Bhagawan accepted it right away...  And, also I remember like one child was asking Bhagwan why was he sitting on those skins sometime later, for which Bhagawan enjoyed the question !

Thank You.

With Love
Balasaraskrishna
Arunachala Shiva Arunachala Shiva..

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Tiger Skin and Deer Skin
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 12:35:55 PM »
Dear saraskrishna,

I am not sure who first donated the tiger's skin to Sri Bhagavan. It must be one Sofa Gounder (one who donated Sofa_
to Sri Bhagavan. Sri Bhagavan neither had preference nor any dislike for such tiger or deer skin.  Of course, from the yogic
point of view, these skins are said to prevent the magnetic effect of the earth, on to the body, which would otherwise disturb
the meditation.

As regards Sri Bhagavan's comments on tiger skin, He never said anything special.  Once an animal protector came and asked
Sri Bhagavan:  Is not killing an animal a sin and to use the skin is also a sin?  Sri Bhagavan replied: I do not know who killled
this tiger. The skin was given to me. AND I AM SITTING ON  TRUTH AND NOT ON TIGER'S SKIN!

Another funny incident about tiger's skin:

Once when no one was around the Hall, a new comer came and asked for tiger's skin! Sri Bhagavan said: When I go for a
stroll on the Hill, you can, if you could, take it.

The newcomer after waiting for sometime, when Sri Bhagavan had left for stroll, quietly removed the tiger's skin, folded it
and took it away. To his bad luck, when he was about to leave the gates of Asramam, some devotee caught hold of him, bashed him
nicely and brought back the tiger's skin. Then the devotee  asked: How come Bhagavan! You permitted him to take away the tiger's
skin?  Sri Bhagavan replied: I did not volunteer. He asked for it. I agreed. Now that you have brought it back, I shall take it.

Sri Bhagavan is the epitome of Compassion!

Arunachala Siva.         

saraskrishna

• View Profile
Re: Tiger Skin and Deer Skin
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:41:09 PM »
Thankyou Sir ! Very much obliged to you !

With Love,
Arunachala Shiva Arunachala Shiva..