Author Topic: my musings  (Read 165707 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #690 on: September 06, 2014, 09:54:33 AM »
Stray thoughts..

Dear friends, we often come across from the words of various Guru, thoughts such as this is ONE GREAT DIRECT METHOD, THIS IS ONE INFALLIBLE MEANS, some even have also expressed some ways to be the only true path, some even out a screw to our logic and appear absolutely fanatic as well, to some.

It is obligatory to the endeavour of a sincere aspirant to discern the Real Essence in all of them. To a THIRSTING ASPIRANT, even a dunes stone without any attributes of Godhoot or Guruhood alone is enough to trigger the spark of Absolute Truth! We have had examples, for instance the 24 Guru of the Avadhoota just to quote one.

I raise my heart boldly and express, look beyond the forms and their words of Ramana, Ramakrishna, Sivananda, Shankara, Vivekananda and name them all, there is a MORE GREATER BEING THAN ALL OF THEM,        WITHIN each one, that is the source of all the external glories of all Gods and Gurus. Recognise your own potential, without any identity.

It becomes necessary to go beyond the schools, one has received ones graduation, to really graduate.

Just drop all Gods and Gurus, no matter how emotional we may be with them. Our Guru Bhakti or God Bhakti will not become corrupt. :-)

Spiritual quest is a Science, it is not mere emotional drug, even the person filled with tears of ecstasy is a science.

We need to open up our hands soooo much that we don't have hands at all, only then can we embrace all from all sides!

Humble musings...

--

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:59:36 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 06, 2014, 11:10:47 AM »
Where The Mind Is Without Fear
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Rabindranath Tagore
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 06, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
As the supreme Shastra of the integral Yoga is the eternal Veda secret in the heart of every man, so its supreme Guide and Teacher is the inner Guide, the World-Teacher, jagad-guru, secret within us. It is he who destroys our darkness by the resplendent light of his knowledge; that light becomes within us the increasing glory of his own self-revelation. He discloses progressively in us his own nature of freedom, bliss, love, power, immortal being. He sets above us his divine example as our ideal and transforms the lower existence into a reflection of that which it contemplates. By the inpouring of his own influence and presence into us he enables the individual being to attain to identity with the universal and transcendent.

What is his method and his system? He has no method and every method. His system is a natural organisation of the highest processes and movements of which the nature is capable. Applying themselves even to the pettiest details and to the actions the most insignificant in their appearance with as much care and thoroughness as to the greatest, they in the end lift all into the Light and transform all. For in his Yoga there is nothing too small to be used and nothing too great to be attempted. As the servant and disciple of the Master has no business with pride or egoism because all is done for him from above, so also he has no right to despond because of his personal deficiencies or the stumblings of his nature. For the Force that works in him is impersonal - or superpersonal-and infinite.

The full recognition of this inner Guide, Master of the Yoga, lord, light, enjoyer and goal of all sacrifice and effort, is of the utmost importance in the path of integral perfection. It is immaterial whether he is first seen as an impersonal Wisdom, Love and Power behind all things, as an Absolute manifesting in. the relative and attracting it, as one's highest Self and the highest Self of all, as a Divine Person within us and in the world, in one of his - or her - numerous forms and names or as the ideal which the mind conceives. In the end we perceive that he is all and more than all these things together- The mind's door of entry to the conception of him must necessarily vary according to the past evolution and the present nature.

Four Aids,Synthesis of Yoga-Sri Aurobindo

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 06, 2014, 12:07:45 PM »
குணம்நாடிக் குற்றமும் நாடி அவற்றுள்
மிகைநாடி மிக்க கொளல் -Verse 504,TirukkuRaL

Seek the Good as well as bad and the exaggeration in them ,and take(after discounting the exaggeration) what is in excess(as truth).

எப்பொருள் யார்யார்வாய்க் கேட்பினும் அப்பொருள்
மெய்ப்பொருள் காண்ப தறிவு-Verse 423,TirukkuRaL

Whatsoever you hear from whosoever-Intelligence it is to Realize the Truth in that.

Ekam Sat viprah Bahuda vadanti-Truth is One,Sages talk (about it)in many ways.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 06, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
catch the essence and not the words of the Great ones.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 06, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Christ, Buddha, and Krishna are but waves in the Ocean of Infinite Consciousness that I am!

Swami Vivekananda

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 06, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divinity by controlling nature, external and internal. Do this either by work, or worship, or psychic control, or philosophy - by one, or more, or all of these - and be free. This is the whole of religion. Doctrines, or dogmas, or rituals, or books, or temples, or forms, are but secondary details.

Swami Vivekananda

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 06, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
In my opinion,  let us do sadhana first rather than trying to find the 'spirit of unity' in different teachings.

Maya is very powerful,  time is moving fast.  without wasting the precious time in all this 'Unity' pursuits,  we have to do sincere sadhana and discuss practical doubts more and more.

I could see a sense of complacency,  that we talk about Christ and Krishna as infinitesimal etc.  But what about our own Mind , the ego ahankaaram? 

One should not just feel complacent on intellectual pursuits, the 'all in all unity approach and thereby mix everything up.

let us walk the road in defined paths.  if one path not sufficient, add 2 paths but don't add n paths to your itinerary. 

if we have answers let us clarify others but heart in heart , let us realize that we ourselves are in need of spiritual help.

one should have shraddha, faith and trust that Our Master Sri Ramana has given us only two paths -- self enquiry and self surrender.  The direct path of Self enquiry is the message of our Master .

Let us not worry about progressive elaboration or collaboration. 

Why I am saying all this is,  practical difficulties in sadhana are numerous in number.  so one should always do sadhana, sadhana and discuss them with fellow devotees.  bell is alarming.

let us chant arunachala shiva to the Heart's content before our brain becomes insane in its final moments.

arunachalam.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 06, 2014, 07:49:36 PM »
In my opinion,  let us do sadhana first rather than trying to find the 'spirit of unity' in different teachings

Krishnan, you do any sadhana only to find the 'spirit of unity' when you say you are seeing unity, then you see things differently, and you are imposing onto yourself a spirit of some unity just because Self is in all, it is not so, like this!

This is not some unity in diversity, but the truth is, there is no diversity at all, but only Self! Variations and differences are mind created! If somebody sees difference is paths, Gods, religions, then there is an error in understanding!

The Vedic revelation do not say, there is only one God, but it says EVERYTHING IS GOD. It does not even say "though there are differences, the underlying principle is Same, of God, or Self" but it proclaims with authority - EVERYTHING IS BRAHMAN (sarvam Khalu idam Brahma)

There is no Unity in Self, Everything is only Self!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 06, 2014, 10:59:45 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Where knowledge divides, love unites!
Where love divides, knowledge unites!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 07, 2014, 06:55:12 PM »
?When you have come to the edge Of all light that you know And are about to drop off into the darkness Of the unknown, Faith is knowing One of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or You will be taught to fly?
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 07, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »
A bird sat absent-mindedly on the mast of a ship anchored in the Ganges. Slowly the ship sailed out into the ocean. When the bird came to its senses, it could find no shore in any direction. It flew toward the north hoping to reach land; it went very far and grew very tired but could find no shore. What could it do? It returned to the ship and sat on the mast. After a long while the bird flew away again, this time toward the east. It couldn't find land in that direction either; everywhere it saw nothing but limitless ocean. Very tired, it again returned to the ship and sat on the mast. After resting a long while, the bird went toward the south and toward the west. When it found no sign of land in any direction, it came back and settled down on the mast. It did not leave the mast again, but sat there without making any further effort. It no longer felt restless or worried. Because it was free from worry, it made no further effort.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 07, 2014, 08:12:09 PM »
Stray thoughts...

This law seems so very true:

So long an object is pursued diligently, it eludes!
After such sincere diligence, the moment, it is given up,
for no more want of it, it is found to be chasing back,
Until it is delivered on hand!

Truth is like that too!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 07, 2014, 09:18:12 PM »
In my opinion,  let us do sadhana first rather than trying to find the 'spirit of unity' in different teachings

Krishnan, you do any sadhana only to find the 'spirit of unity' when you say you are seeing unity, then you see things differently, and you are imposing onto yourself a spirit of some unity just because Self is in all, it is not so, like this!

This is not some unity in diversity, but the truth is, there is no diversity at all, but only Self! Variations and differences are mind created! If somebody sees difference is paths, Gods, religions, then there is an error in understanding!

The Vedic revelation do not say, there is only one God, but it says EVERYTHING IS GOD. It does not even say "though there are differences, the underlying principle is Same, of God, or Self" but it proclaims with authority - EVERYTHING IS BRAHMAN (sarvam Khalu idam Brahma)

There is no Unity in Self, Everything is only Self!

--

Dear Nagaraj,

Firstly, reading your words, it is sometimes very tough to put forth my points  :)

As part of sadhana ,  the spirit of unity, that is trying to have the Advaita Drishti which Annamalai Swami calls Saman Bhava is very vaid, infact the whole of Ribhu Githa propagates the same.

Off late,  I think many posts in this forum simply drive around some intellectual secular attitude towards various saints and their teachings.  Artificially we try to infer some unity and that too in the intellectual level to convey something, to convince something to the world.  With this attitude,  spiritualism will be reduced to stage speech,  worldy unity, poetical beauty etc. (not anybody in particular just about most of us)

The real essence is full self realization.  To attain it,  first and foremost, one should not be just satisfied with words.  hard work and sadhana and pure devotion is required. without that child like belief,  in the name of formlessness etc.  one should not look down or disbelieve the real existence of different deities like Shiva, Vishnu etc.

it is not emotional devotion,  there is no such thing.  all devotion , all cries (even wordly ) are holy only.

nowadays I am seeing very complacent attitude, quoting from different books,  just getting convinced on secular nature etc.
actually your musing post just triggered all that is going on in my mind.  does not mean,  you wrote in the above vein.

and again, if my post confuses or disturbs other's minds,  very sorry about it. that is not the objective.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 07, 2014, 09:56:03 PM »
Very well, Krishnan, you have just expressed your views, very much fair in your own journey. Ok, now, the world is like that, the posts in forum may be headed to some secular jargons and stuffs that may be artificial. Some expressions may be fake, some dry, some not at all resonating, few may expressions may be genuine, few expressions may be resonating.

Now,

What are you planning to do about it? The forum is not going to change nor the persons nor the various opinions. Buddha once said

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Nobody in the forum is going to help you, really, but yourself, and the grace of god-guru of-course

Do whatever is best for yourself, do it fervently, reverentially, cry to your god, your guru, get that feeling you aspire. Be the aspiration you want to be. Somehow attain what has to be attained!

--

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta