Author Topic: my musings  (Read 167292 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #660 on: August 03, 2014, 12:52:46 PM »
Stray thoughts...

for an advaitin, what is seen as dvaita by the dvaitin, what is seen as visishtaadvaita by the visishtaadvaitin, what is seen as shunya by the buddhists is verily shuddha "Advaitam" - pure advaita

for an dvaitin, what is sen as advaita by the advaitin, what is seen as visishtaadvaita by the visishtaadvaitin, what is seen as shunya by the buddhists is verily shuddha "Dvaitam" pure dvaita

for a visishtaadvaitin, what is sen as advaita by the advaitin, what is seen as dvaita by the dvaitin, what is seen as shunya by the buddhists is verily shuddha "Visishtaadvaitam" pure visishtaadvaita

for a buddhist, what is sen as advaita by the advaitin, what is seen as dvaita by the dvaitin, what is seen as visishtaadvaita by the visishtaadvaitin, is verily shuddha "shunyam" pure shunya

and so on... whatever else exists

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 04, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
stray thoughts...

it is avidya 'nescience' that feeds the 'knower' and the 'known' / 'perceiver' and the 'perceived'
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 04, 2014, 09:14:31 AM »
stray thoughts...

vidya is knowing without the process of knowing, vidya is to discern the real knower and the pseudo knower. The pseudo knower requires a 'known' in knowing, as the perceiver and perceived, whereas the real knower requires no 'known' as as the perceiver and perceived.

The real knower knows without the 'known' perceives without the perceived, real knower knows without the process of knowing, as it is just itself.

Pseudo knower requires knowledge in knowing, whereas the real knower requires no knowledge at all! nothing is hidden from That so as to know. It is choicelessly just 'present', as neither a knower or the known nor as a witness or the witnessed, yet remains as the knower and witness, without any knowing and witnessed even though it has no need for any knowing or witnessing.

It does not know and yet knows, it does not witness and yet is a witness, it does not see and yet sees.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 05, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
stray thoughts...

Instead of being obsessed with the thought of getting rid of the ego, and the realisation of the Truth, begin to see the unreality of things, then the grip of avidya, ego begin to  wither away along with it.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 05, 2014, 06:45:20 PM »
stray thoughts...

what is of interest to a small child is of no interest to a grown up adult.
The adult sees no longer any joy in the interest seen by the child!

Similar is the secret of getting over vaasanas / desires nay even the ego!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
MUST WATCH: my musings
« Reply #665 on: August 06, 2014, 03:16:32 PM »
MUST WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BxPz8TX0Oo

In a world that is so full of selfish people, sometimes it helps to learn from animals. Animal in question? An abandoned dog, Lilica.

This dog was abandoned in front of a junkyard in Sao Paolo, Brazil, and was taken in by the kind owners. Lilica made new friends at the junkyard, including other dogs, cats and chickens.

But food is always hard to come by, especially at the poverty stricken junkyard, and every evening Lilica would leave to find food. And find food she did, outside the home of an animal lover.

But what happened next is so heartwarming that it will make you question your own habits.

Watch for yourself.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 07, 2014, 12:48:09 AM »
This is one truly heart touching video,dear Sri Nagaraj! She is sooooooo sweet and cute. A true sannyasi.
I cannot explain how i felt whille watching it.

Thank You so much for sharing this!

With love and prayers,

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 07, 2014, 07:56:34 AM »
Nagaraj,
What a sensitive and sensible being this dog is!What a spirit of sharing ,taking pains to walk kilometers to carry food for others!The good Lady who waits for the dog everyday is truly a  noble soul,so selfless and caring.
Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 07, 2014, 10:17:52 AM »
stray thoughts...

a googly!

it would do immense good to man, if he were to disbelieve God and put trust on his own self for God does not need our belief on Him to shower His love. Ironically, sometimes, its our faith on God filled with ideas, that is being really detrimental to the Spirit.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 08, 2014, 11:51:58 PM »
stray thoughts...

Let the Eyes look at the Lord, 
Let the Ears listen to the Lord
Let the Mouth sing the Lord
Let the Limbs serve the Lord
Let the Mind contemplate on the Lord
Let the Heart reside in the Lord

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 09, 2014, 08:22:01 PM »
stray thoughts...

There will be a rapid progress spiritually when we "stop complaining".

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 12, 2014, 12:50:52 AM »
stray thoughts...

waste not the time, every moment is VERY PRECIOUS, utilise every moment for your highest good, see not the difficulties,and engage yourself diligently in the thought of God, for each moment is invaluable, and life is ebbing away.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:56 AM »
stray thoughts...

what you may know is only a rough idea, stop not, keep striving diligently. do not be content easily!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 12, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »
The Story of the wood-cutter
"Once upon a time a wood-cutter went into a forest to chop wood. There suddenly he met a brahmachari. The holy man said to him, 'My good man, go forward.' On returning home the wood-cutter asked himself, 'Why did the brahmachari tell me to go forward?' Some time passed. One day he remembered the brahmachari's words. He said to himself, 'Today I shall go deeper into the forest.' Going deep into the forest, he discovered innumerable sandalwood trees. He was very happy and returned with cart-loads of sandal-wood. He sold them in the market and became very rich.
"A few days later he again remembered the words of the holy man to go forward. He went deeper into the forest and discovered a silver-mine near a river. This was even beyond his dreams. He dug out silver from the mine and sold it in the market. He got so much money that he didn't even know how much he had.
"A few more days passed. One day he thought: 'The brahmachari didn't ask me to stop at the silver-mine; he told me to go forward.' This time he went to the other side of the river and found a gold-mine. Then he exclaimed: 'Ah, just see! This is why he asked me to go forward.'
"Again, a few days afterwards, he went still deeper into the forest and found heaps of diamonds and other precious gems. He took these also and became as rich as the god of wealth himself.

Go forward
"Therefore I say that, whatever you may do, you will find better and better things if only you go forward. You may feel a little ecstasy as the result of japa, but don't conclude from this that you have achieved everything in spiritual life. Work is by no means the goal of life. Go forward, and then you will be able to perform unselfish work. But again I say that it is most difficult to perform unselfish work. Therefore with love and longing in your heart pray to God: 'O God, grant me devotion at Thy Lotus Feet and reduce my worldly duties. Please grant me the boon that the few duties I must do may be done in a detached spirit.' If you go still farther you will realize God.
You will see Him. In time you will converse with Him."

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 12, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
stray thoughts...

Mumukhshutva*  has nothing to do with intelligence!

one may know many things and be a mumukhsu and
one may know not a thing and yet be a mumukshu!

(* intense yearning for liberation/god-realisation)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta