Author Topic: my musings  (Read 149726 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #630 on: September 08, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »
Krishnan, its not meant to you or anybody!

its just myself, what i have been experiencing for some time!

Please feel free and do not get contracted.

Wishing you the best!
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 08, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
Krishnan,

only i would prefer if you can pursue this discussion on in Rough Note book. i would be very grateful! :)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:41:32 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 08, 2013, 06:52:34 PM »
Stray thoughts...

There is nothing more than just what is, as it is, without our interpretations!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 09, 2013, 08:06:08 PM »
Stray thoughts...

holding to 'i' means, holding on to the wisdom, the 'knowledge', the 'remembrance'. there is not any necessity to hold on to some 'i' such an 'i' does not exist, as it is revealed to be illusion, a shadow. So long there is a holder, to hold on to something, enquiry has to be made further on!

--
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:07:48 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 09, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
A bird sat absent-mindedly on the mast of a ship anchored in the Ganges. Slowly the ship sailed out into the ocean. When the bird came to its senses, it could find no shore in any direction. It flew toward the north hoping to reach land; it went very far and grew very tired but could find no shore. What could it do? It returned to the ship and sat on the mast. After a long while the bird flew away again, this time toward the east. It couldn't find land in that direction either; everywhere it saw nothing but limitless ocean. Very tired, it again returned to the ship and sat on the mast. After resting a long while, the bird went toward the south and toward the west. When it found no sign of land in any direction, it came back and settled down on the mast. It did not leave the mast again, but sat there without making any further effort. It no longer felt restless or worried. Because it was free from worry, it made no further effort.

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 09, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
Nagaraj,

Sri Ravi, again some random thoughts... Else where you had expressed this. This is sole purpose of a Guru, be it internal or external and whether internal or external, how does it matter? i believe in my own little way, what Bhagavan meant when he said that true Guru is within, is the wisdom, is the nature of wiling to be helped! This nature is broadly known as 'wisdom'
As He further said, this nature of being helped purely depends on ourselves, if we go with small cup, we get only cup full but if we go with bigger ones, we get that much, and he revealed that it is entirely upto us and there is no use complaining the niggardliness of the ocean!
once, one has tapped into this nature, this wisdom, what matters if the Guru is within or without, for him the whole universe becomes the Guru. The Guru is neither within or without.
That Guru is the wisdom, our nature to be willing to be helped or merge

Quite true friend.It is alright even if we carry a spoon.What if I carry an inch tape and try to measure?This is the problem I find in many persons.
The other thing that intrigues me is this -In this workaday world we are consulting others for anything unknown to us;we do not hesitate to learn from others.we think the  'Guru' is not relevant for these things or putting it the other way,that he has arranged all this.Now here is the Interesting thing-When one thinks of consulting or learning from any spiritual sadhak or Teacher,this is considered as Taboo or not being faithful to the 'Guru'.One then tends to believe that one has to only derive all the inspiration and guidance from the so called 'Guru'(I mean manasika) .It is indeed very well if one can derive such an inspiration and takes to it in right earnest.
Yet,what should also be appreciated is that the guidance of Great ones,should one be fortunate to find one ,it will be of tremendous help in dismantling cobwebs lurking unknown in the deep recesses of one's mind.A few direct blows to the 'Ego' will also set one straight and on the royal path.Why not view this also as arranged by the One and Only Guru-God?
In all these matters,Each one has to be lead by his Prayers.I have a very Good friend who always was a big votary of Vichara and only that,a Devotee of Sri bhagavan.After years of this practice,he decided to be initiated into Kriya yoga(Lahiri Mahasaya's lineage).He still loves Sri Bhagavan and considers him and also Sri Ramakrishna as his father and Mother.It is not as if he was a 'dabbler' but an intensely serious sadhaka,a Brahmachari who has now quit his job and is focussing on his sadhana Full time-a wonderful soul.
I also came across another devotee who was caught up in turmoil-to choose her Ishta!Sometimes she liked Sri Ramakrishna,Sometimes Holy Mother and sometimes Swami Vivekanda.She had posted it in the Holy Trio Forum ddicated to Sri Ramakrishna Devotees.I happened to see it,and as I found that the Forum Members were not responding adequately -I sent a mail to her Id.I am not a member of that Forum .She was profusely thankful. These things happen and one cannot be only sentimental about these things and wallow in it.
God is one and the whole world is our Guru-This is why God has sent us into this world to be schooled here.
Namaskar.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:46:29 PM by Ravi.N »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 10, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »
Dear Friends,

After some time, i found something really worthwhile sharing with you. Please do take some time to watch it. It may be of interest to each one of us in our journeys. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_QLGvp_stI

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 11, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
Nagaraj,
Good talk.Wonderful to know that there are people who are living it.This is what Swamiji said:
"This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive"
Thanks very much.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Lord Krishna says in Gita -

कर्मणयेवाधिकारस्ते मा फलेषु कदाचन।
मा कर्मफलहेतुर्भूर्मा ते सङ्गोऽस्त्वकर्मणि।

कर्मणयेवाधिकारस्ते

Karmanye Vadhikaraste, we have all right, choice, freewill, upon any karma, or action. Mostly we have taken it for granted that it is "to perform" but it subtly also conveys we also have choice to remain still, to become free of all karmas. But of-course, this needs to be discerned in the right spirit and not with perversion.

But only we do not have the choice or preference to the expectations. Therefore, even the non performance of karmas, if being ones choice, also will have its fruits.

:)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:22:23 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 03, 2014, 09:08:31 AM »
Stray thoughts...

The Lord yearns for his beloved devotees that he suffers Himself to enjoin Himself wherever that Jivatma may be just like Lord Rama yearned for Sita went to Lanka, just like Krishna yearned for Radha would always be in her remembrance.

The Lord is so gracious that he becomes Himself a Jivatma and makes the Jivatma, a Paramatma in order to simply undergo the same yearning as His beloved devotee.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 27, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
In the happy moments, praise Him,
In the difficult moments, seek Him,
In the busy moments, bless Him,
In the quiet moments, worship Him.

In the waiting moments, trust Him,
In the painful moments, touch Him,
In the lovely moments, thank Him,
In the quiet moments, worship Him.

For the glory in all our moments,
He is there,
In goodness, in kindness, in love.

(Unknown)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 28, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »
They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it,
and they who love it are not equal to those who delight in it.

~ Confucius
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 29, 2014, 11:09:32 AM »
"two Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly
gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit.
He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that
cream into butter and crawled out."

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »
stray thoughts...

"To come to terms with Truth is that
there is no coming to terms with Truth!"

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 02, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
There was once a man got stranded on an island after his ship became wreck. Every day he prayed asking God to send someone to rescue him, but to his disappointment, no one ever came.

Months passed and this man learned how to survive on the island. During this time, he accumulated things from the island and stored them in a hut that he constructed. One day after hunting for food and returning back to his hut, much to his dismay he saw that his hut was on fire along with everything else he owned!
All of his possessions were going up in smoke! The only thing he had left were the clothes on his back. Initially he was in shock, and then he was consumed with anger and rage!

In his fury he threw a fist into the air and began cursing God and yelling, ?God, how could you let this happen to me? I?ve been praying everyday for months about being rescued and no one has come, and now everything that I have is on fire! How could you do to this to me! Why did you let this happen??

Later the man was on his hands and knees weeping heavily when he happened to look up and catch sight of a ship coming in his direction. The man was rescued and as they were heading back to civilization the man asked the captain, ?How were you able to find me??

The captain responded, ?We were voyaging across the ocean when we noticed on the horizon a column of smoke going up. We decided to go check it out and when we did, that?s when we found you!?

In life we are going to be confronted with challenges, problems, and disasters. But keep in mind that what the devil has meant for bad, God can transform into your good! What is a catastrophe can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. ?The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.?

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta