Author Topic: my musings  (Read 138117 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #615 on: September 07, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Stray thoughts...

So long one feels "This" only is highest truth, "That" is also there, still!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 07, 2013, 06:39:15 PM »
Moreover Hari Friends,

it is not that one who looks for a living Guru, is not aware of the limitation of his body! One knows the body will pass away.

In Such a case, All the direct devotees of Bhagavan or Master were very short sightedly, as they surrendered to a Living Guru!

:D

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #617 on: September 07, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »
I have always dreamed Guru to find me and guide me, in flesh or in spiritual body. It doesn't matter. But this is a rare gift these days. You are least have chance because you are living in India. :)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 07, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
Moreover Hari Friends,

it is not that one who looks for a living Guru, is not aware of the limitation of his body! One knows the body will pass away.

In Such a case, All the direct devotees of Bhagavan or Master were very short sightedly, as they surrendered to a Living Guru!

--

:)

I have heard of a Self-realized Guru in India - Nochur Venkataraman. If I have lived in India I would be regular visitor of this Man!

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 07, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
Nagaraj/friends,

Such ones who are expected to see Guru in everything, are unable to see Guru in Living Flesh, how short-sightedly it could get?

This is just a positive criticism. A person who has surrendered to Formless Guru must be willing to face hard truths, and they will be thrust upon in any manner! They must be prepared for it

Yes.This is the essence of The 'Mahut God' parable of Sri Ramakrishna.If we understand this one single parable,it will rid us of cobwebs in our mind.

One needs to beware of the ego that may masquerade as the inner guru!

This 'guru' will never question one's disposition.It will then question and raise the issue with the 'Fake' guru and the mushrooming of such gurus -supercilious! :)

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 07, 2013, 06:45:30 PM »
Hari, Friends,

Take for instance V Ganesan, Bhagavan's grand nephew, such an exalted soul himself had the need to go to Nisargadatta Maharaj, Mataji Krishnabai . What need was it for him? did he not know that Guru is Self? He had since his childhood days was nurtured by Kunju Swami and so many direct devotees, he had access to all direct devotees.

Our mind gets narrowed if we are within the four walls. I remember the story of Frogs as told by Swami Vivekananda, from the upanishad:

In the story he told, a frog used to live in a well. It was born there and brought up there and it used to think his well was the biggest waterland of the world. One day, a frog from a sea came to that well. When the frog from the sea told the frog of the well that sea is much much bigger than that well, the frog of the well did not believe it and drove the frog of the sea away from his well. Vivekananda concluded– "That has been the difficulty all the while. I am a Hindu. I am sitting in my own little well and thinking that the whole world is my little well. The Christian sits in his little well and thinks the whole world is his well. The Mohammedan sits in his little well and thinks that is the whole world."

Mataji Krishnabai  to Sri V Ganesan:

"Another important hurdle is that since you are related to Ramana Maharshi, everybody will tell you and treat you like you are already liberated. They will tell you that according to the Hindu scriptures, a realized Master‘s relatives are already realized beings. Seven generations preceding and the subsequent seven generations are supposedly free of karma. "

Further readings:

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6940.msg53167#msg53167

--
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 06:53:45 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 07, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »
Hari,

I have heard of a Self-realized Guru in India - Nochur Venkataraman. If I have lived in India I would be regular visitor of this Man!

Sri Venkatraman is indeed a Great soul.It is indeed a Blessing to listen to his insightful and spontaneous exposition of Sri Bhagavan's writings.
His exposition of Srimad Bhagavatham is truly wonderful-He clearly brings out Sri Ramakrishna's saying on this unparalleled scripture-"Bhagavatham is a sweet -fried in the butter of knowledge and steeped in the Honey of Love". This is still work in progress-his talks are in tamizh (I mean the Bhagavatham in progress)

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 07, 2013, 07:19:52 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Talking about fake Gurus that are mushrooming, i feel more fake Gurus mushroom' within than we seem to come across outside!

Disclaimer: Just talking about the ego, (not any body)

--
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:22:15 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 07, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Talking about fake Gurus that are mushrooming, i feel more fake Gurus mushroom' within than we seem to come across outside!

Disclaimer: Just talking about the ego, (not any body)

--

If that was not so we would not be here talking about fake Gurus, etc. :D Ego is the greatest obstacle no matter what kind of philosophy someone follows - at least they concur about the ego. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 08, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
i never really thought i may have to express this, it feels ridiculous but still it is being extracted, on account of views such as abandoning Self Enquiry, 3 differnet Gurus in the forms of Ramakrishna Ramana and Shirdi Sai Baba, obsessions, etc. If i go to say there are said to be 33 (3.3 million) crores of Gods in Hindu way. They are all my Gods. All the millions of Gurus are my Guru. This is Guru Paramapara. Begining from Vishnu -

Om Narayanam padmabhavam Vasishtam,
Shakthim , cha thath puthra parasaram cha.
Vyasam shukam gowdapatham mahantham,
Govinda yogeendra madhasya sishyam.

Sri Shankaracharya madhasya  padma padam cha,
Hasthamalakam cha sishyam,
Tham thotakam varthika kara manyan,
Asmad guroon santhatham manathosmi.                           

Om my salutations to Lord Narayana,
His disciple Padhma bhava, His disciple Vasishta,
His disciple Shakthi  , his son sage Parasara,
His son Vyasa, his son Shukha, his disciple the great Padmapada,
His disciple the great Yogi Govinda, His disciple Shankara,
His disciples Padma pada, Hasthamalaka , Thodagascharya,
And Sureswaracharya who wrote commentaries.

and the successive Gurus that have fo9llowed, they are all my Gurus. This is the vneration of Guru Parampara. Ramana Ramakrishna Shirdi Sai Baba Shankaracharyas, many others are all the same Guru.

For all the views that i have expressed, i practice only Self Enquiry un-intermittently. For all the Gurus that i have refered to, i only see the Ramanatvam. i belong to all schools of thoughts, all siddhantas. mentally i do nothing other than Self Enquiry. Yet i worship, i do service, i am being made to do everything. I see dvaita visidhtadvaita advaita shunya, and see no difference in all of them. yet i only do self inquiry alone un-intermittently at all times. I feel privileged, blessed to experience everything without being corrupt or narrowed to just "only"

He abandoned the greatness of his own state
To save his disciple,
Yet his true greatness has never been
abandoned.
Alone, there is no happiness;
Therefore, the pure Consciousness
Assumes the forms of Guru and disciple.

Although the guru and disciple appear to be two,
It is the Guru alone who masquerades as both

The words, “Guru” and “disciple”
Refer to but one;
The Guru alone exists as both these forms.

The words, “Guru” and “disciple”
Refer to but one;
The Guru alone exists as both these forms.

The Guru is both the receiver of knowledge
And the one who imparts it as well.
Still, he continues to uphold the relationship of Master and disciple.

Those who see this as some obsession are i am afraid still caught in the nets of duality, yet caught in some illusive non-duality, those who think these all means one has abandoned Self Enquiry are yet still caught in varieties!

A part of this post is a response to some members concerned, i do not deny. But i respond to myself of those views!

Thanks and Best to all!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:22:46 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 08, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
Nagaraj/Jewell/Hari/Friends,
I have posted the wonderful chapter from Sri Aurobindo's Synthesis of Yoga-'Four aids'.This I believe will be useful for a seeker on any path or follower of any Teacher.

Here is an excerpt:
The usual agency of this revealing is the Word, the thing heard (sruta). The Word may come to us from within; it may come to us from without. But in either case, it is only an agency for setting the hidden knowledge to work. The word within may be the utterance of the inmost soul in us which is always open to the Divine or it may be the word of the secret and universal Teacher who is seated in the hearts of all. There are rare cases in which none other is needed, for all the rest of the Yoga is an unfolding under that constant touch and guidance; the lotus of the knowledge discloses itself from within by the power of irradiating effulgence which proceeds from the Dweller in the lotus of the heart. Great indeed, but few are those to whom self-knowledge from within is thus sufficient and who do not need to pass under the dominant influence of a written book or a living teacher

Those interested may read the complete chapter here:
http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=7216.0

Namaskar.

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 08, 2013, 01:09:11 PM »
We are talking so much about Guru, Ramana and so on. But imagine that one day you wake up in so far away island of Japan :D, without remembering anything before that. There is no Guru, there are no Scriptures. At the same time the long in your heart about knowing the Ultimate Reality is there. Who will guide you? No 'living' Guru, no 'non-living' Guru, no Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Bible, Vivekachudamani, Koran, Ramanuja, Madhva, nobody, nothing. Do you have a chance for Self-realization? :)

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 08, 2013, 01:23:53 PM »
Moreover Hari Friends,

--

:)

Dear Hari,

I have attended one live lecture of Sri Sri Nochur acharya.  I have bought few of his CDs also.

I wish to state this here:

Nochur Acharya never confirmed of his self realization or told any statement hinting that he is fully self realized (according to me ,  other learned people can correct me)

Only all his followers adore him as Self Realized.  His mission is very clear,  beautiful.  He only , one and only,  expounds our Bhagavan and his teaching in a very beautiful way.

He is a mystic,  he had many inner experiences,  he knew what he spoke as I observed him.

But for all this,  only we the followers immediatley jump and put a garland of self realization.

As for Sri Nochur Acharya,  he ever abides as Himself without the need to hastly proclaim something.

No offense meant for Nochur devotees -- people are free to believe and worship , but all I want to tell is,  now the world will give all boost,  later one should not re-visit the opinion, so better,  you first finish your assessment (not arrogant every disciple should do this) and then if it appeals from inner Heart, please take him as a jnani. .  (not only for Hari for everybody including myself)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:54:02 PM by ksksat27 »

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 08, 2013, 04:42:37 PM »
ksksat27(Krishna):

Nochur Acharya never confirmed of his self realization or told any statement hinting that he is fully self realized (according to me ,  other learned people can correct me)

Please stand corrected. :)

"It is only when one is clear that one can expound it"

This is how Sri Nochur ended his talks on 'nAn yAr'.

We need to only be concerned whether we are helped,whether we are getting the clarity-This is all that one can be sure of.This is all that matters.

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »
Stray thoughts...

it just feels disgustingly disrespectful and shies away to even to use the term 'Guru', hereafter!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta