Author Topic: my musings  (Read 162130 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #555 on: July 29, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »
Importance of Acting - Making Right Choices - Taking Decisions.

I wanted to express some thoughts on the topic of 'choices' or the recognition of freedom to choose.

Many subjects of spiritual related are usually misunderstood and are religiously followed but devoid of any spiritual fervour and discrimination.

One such subject that has been crossing my self is the topic of completely surrendering oneself to God. Yes, this is a very deep topic and the significance varies to different levels of people, the ordinary folks like ourselves and Sages, Sadhus.

Keeping ordinary folks like ourselves, i have seen some people, in their belief, totally refuse to take any decision or action in matters of importance and leave it in the hands of God and face the results of their actions.

It is different matter that some of them are also open hearted in facing the results as they come. But this is not to be glorified!!!

But, we fail to realise that they do not really surrender to God but just leave the situation to be taken hold by others around, who influence the course of actions based on their wisdom.

Infact if we truly see, such people are only surrendering the situations not to God but surrendering the situations to other people near us, only because we are unwilling to take any decision.

There are some tough decisions that ought to be taken at various instances, either due to lack of clarity or being unable to take sides, if we keep postponing, then we are not doing justice to our Dharma.

Buddha had said: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought" Hence it is very important to realise to act diligently.

"Surrendering to God", everything, i felt is one of the mostly spiritually abused concept. Refusing to act appropriately and taking responsibility at right times, and hiding oneself in the name of surrendering all to God and inviting distasteful outcomes is unbecoming of a true discriminating human being.

Hence it is of importance that we really utilise the great power of our birth, discriminate between truth and untruth and live diligently and take Dharmic decisions, even if they are not of  our personal liking. Because what we do  we get back as fruits.

If we dont take decisions where it ought to be taken, others would take our decisions, not God, if we surrender such situations to God.

This topic is not well written, but i pray the  matter is conveyed. Thank you.

--
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 04:27:49 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 29, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »
Stray thoughts...

if we don't take decisions, somebody else makes decision for us and its not God's job to make our decisions!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #557 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:51 PM »
Yes, dear Nagaraj. I share your opinion! Lord Krishna did not teach to renounce action but to renounce the desire for the fruits of our actions, to surrender all our actions to God!
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 31, 2013, 06:22:06 PM »
stray thoughts...

The mother outweighs brahma jnana.

(within mother is father)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 01, 2013, 05:09:26 PM »
Stray thoughts...

intense desire itself is meditation!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 01, 2013, 06:19:28 PM »
Yes, intense desire leads to one pointedness to the desired object. But isn't the fear the same?

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 01, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
Hari, Yes true, its the same for fear as well, anything! When we discern, it will dawn that there is nothing more superior to desiring or wanting God or Self or the Holy feet of the Guru. When this desire grows, it sprouts saplings of Vairagya, Bhakti, Yearning. Then the currents of the waves itself would pull us along the ocean, the abode of the Lord!
--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 01, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »
Dear Hari,

No one desires fear.  Suppose fear comes it is not due to desiring fear.  Fear causes to flight.  We want to move away
from fear by going to some places or meeting some people.  Fear has got an inside mechanism of going away from fear.
No fear lasts for more than a hour unless it is a psychtic probem,  Fear in a bad dream makes us get up immediately.
So also fear in waking state makes us get out of the spot.  This is what modern psycholgists also say about fear.
Suppose you are chased by a mad elephant you run away from it. 

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 01, 2013, 07:49:46 PM »
Dear Hari,

In a barracks one soldier was always getting up late for roll call.  One day the Major told him that if he were to come for
roll call late next morning, he would be shot down.  Next morning he came in time. But he was carrying a big gun instead
of the rifle!  What gave him power to lift that one ton gun?  It is the fear.  Fear  has got in built mechanism to over come
it someway or other. 

A Brahma Jnani has no fear whatsoever, because God is within him.

Arunachala Siva.     

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 01, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »
Dear Hari,

No one desires fear.  Suppose fear comes it is not due to desiring fear.  Fear causes to flight.  We want to move away
from fear by going to some places or meeting some people.  Fear has got an inside mechanism of going away from fear.
No fear lasts for more than a hour unless it is a psychtic probem,  Fear in a bad dream makes us get up immediately.
So also fear in waking state makes us get out of the spot.  This is what modern psycholgists also say about fear.
Suppose you are chased by a mad elephant you run away from it. 

Arunachala Siva.

Sri Subramanian, yes. I gave as example of one-pointedness and it is very powerful one. If you are deadly ill for example you think only for the disease and about death. When you have an exam tomorrow you think only about that.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Western girl explains Hinduism so well!
« Reply #565 on: August 02, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
Basics of Hinduism by Gauri Maheshwari (Danielle Riordan)

MUST WATCH BY EVERYBODY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfeC5niJ7S0&list=FL7ajHF5daiCUuy5OlIIxUAA&feature=mh_lolz

--
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 11:08:27 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 07, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »
stary thoughts...

never mix up inner life with outer life.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2013, 11:16:42 AM »
stray thoughts...

what happens during deep sleep?

What is seen is recollected.

Dream state:

When we dream, then the dream is recollected in waking state.

Waking State:

We see, recollect as it is, as we see.

Deep Sleep State:

Since nothing is seen, nothing is recollected ---> This is recollected, that there was nothing. You recollected that there was nothing to recollect.

The Self ever is. That same self in sushupti is ever present even in waking state, undisturbed.

--

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 10, 2013, 04:46:28 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Grace is the beginning and the end (anAdi ananta - beginning-less and endless). What seems in between is only illusion. What is, is just Grace alone!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2013, 10:18:05 AM »
Stray thoughts...

a saying or a definition in samskrit goes thus...

गृह्यते इति गृहः

gṛhyate iti gṛhaḥ

That which (holds/grasps/not free/dependent/to belong) is house

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta