Author Topic: my musings  (Read 160281 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #540 on: June 12, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
It is only giving up what is unreal that is great difficulty as we have bonded with what is unreal strongly in several births.

Ah ok. I understood what you said the other way - "coming to terms" I thought you meant accepting unreal (which is not at all painful for people in the world). And I meant what you exactly put above as "painful".

Sanjay.

Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 12, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
stray thoughts...

"True Recognition is free from interpretations"

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 09, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
One day Mother Teresa went to a local bakery to ask for bread for the starving children in the orphanage. The baker, outraged at people begging for bread from him, spat in her face and refused. Mother Teresa calmly took out her handkerchief, wiped the spit from her face and said to the baker, “Okay, that was for me. Now what about the bread for the orphans?” The baker, shamed by her response, gave her the bread she wanted.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2013, 11:26:26 AM »
i just cannot grasp in what kind of inspiration Sivaprakasam pillai composed this wonder - Ramana Sadguru Rayane song, it springs so much bhavam from within, such great heart touching song this is!

one of my favorite verse is below:

வெத நாயகன் வெத புஷணன்
வெத மெயுரு வாயவன்;
காத லாய்ப்பர வாழ்வி னிற்கடி
தெறி நின்று களித்தவன்

ரமண ஸத்குரு ரமண ஸத்குரு
ரமண ஸத்குரு ராயனெ;
ரமண ஸத்குரு ரமண ஸத்குரு
ரமண ஸத்குரு ராயனெ;

Veda Naayagannn Veda Bussannannna
Veda Meyuru Vaayavannn;
Gaada Laayppara Vaazhvi Nnnirrgatti
Derri Ninnnrru Kallittavannn

Refrain

Ramanna Satguru Ramanna Satguru
Ramanna Satguru Raayannne;
Ramanna Satguru Ramanna Satguru
Ramanna Satguru Raayannne;

The Lord of the Vedas, the Jewel of the Vedas,
He is the Vedas Incarnate.
The delighter in life eternal gained by the power of his love,
Is Ramana Sat-Guru

Refrain

Ramana Sat-Guru, Ramana Sat-Guru,
Ramana Sat-Guru, my Lord!
Ramana Sat-Guru, Ramana Sat-Guru,
Ramana Sat-Guru, my Lord!

--
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 11:29:33 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2013, 11:33:07 AM »
Dear Nagraj,

Sri Ramana Sadguru poem is from Satyamangalam Venkataramana Iyer.  Totally, he composed 4 songs while he was
staying with Sri Bhagavan in Virupaksha Cave, for four days, one for each day.  On his return to his home, he sent
by post the fifth song Sri Ramana Sadguru to Sri Bhagavan.   These songs are sung on Saturdays in the Asramam during
evening parayana.   These songs were composed in 1910-11, well before even Sri Bhagavan composed Sri Arunachala
Stuti Panchakam.  Iyer never came again to have darshan of Sri Bhagavan.

1. KAlai PAttu
2. Kummi PAttu
3. PonnoLir Pattu
4. Ponnai otha Pattu
5. Sri Ramana Sadguru.

Arunachala Siva.     

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:31 AM »
Dear Sir,

thanks for correcting me, yes it was Satyamangalam Venkataramana Iyer. Friday and Saturday (specially saturday) parayanam is a treat for the heart, simple, where as the other days are little tougher and require bit effort!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 22, 2013, 09:02:54 PM »
 The word anirvachaneeya seems perfect to "this"

What is this
Who is this
?

?
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 22, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj,

Beautiful! And so sweet... Indeed,who can ever tell...

I must share this picture,because,only look on it was so intoxicating.

With love and prayers,
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:10:33 PM by Jewell »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 25, 2013, 06:14:31 PM »
Dear Sri Jewel,

"Serinity" is the word :)

stillness
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 25, 2013, 06:20:13 PM »
making time, of the timeless
making boundaries, of the limitless
making something, of the nothing
making end, of the source

the plays of the gunas..
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 25, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
O' Self! Did Thou want
to see Thyself? why else
would Thou impose
limitations upon Thyself

what hast prompted Thou
to fall down in delusion?
could delusion even touch Thou?
hast Thou gained.. anything?

who hast taught Thou,
this play of making
unreal of the real and then
making real of the unreal

didst Thou want to attain
jnana and hence tried
to give way to ajnana?

O' Self why this try?, to
delude Thyself to fail
miserably? didn't Thou knew
before? who art Thou
trying to fool around? Thyself!

Could Thou fool Thyself?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:47:26 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
faith of the disciple
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2013, 04:36:26 PM »

The faith of the disciple must always be securely grounded in his experience of the divinity of the Master. He must not be like a straw carried anywhere by the slightest breeze. He should be like a rock that remains unmoved in the severest of storms.

The story of Kalyan brings out the meaning of a really sound faith in the Master. Kalyan was a disciple of Swami Ramdas Samarth, who was a Perfect Master at the time of Shivaji. A Master loves all disciples alike, but some might be particularly dear to him — just as an individual loves all part of his body, though the eyes may be more dear to him than his fingers. Swami Ramdas Samarth had many disciples, but his favorite was Kalyan. The other disciples did not quite understand why Kalyan should be dearer to the Master than the others.

One day Swami Ramdas tested the devotion of his disciples. He asked all his disciples to come to him and pretended to be so sick as to be on the point of death. He had placed a mango on the joint of his knee and bound it in a bandage so that it looked like a huge swelling. Swami Ramdas pointed to this swelling and told the disciples that it was a malignant tumor and that there was no chance of his living unless someone sucked the poison from the joint of his knee. At the same time, he made it clear to all that whoever sucked out the poison would die instantaneously.

Then he asked whether any disciple was prepared to suck out the poison from the swelling at the cost of his own life. All the disciples hesitated except Kalyan, who arose immediately and began to suck from the swelling.
To his surprise Kalyan found sweet mango juice and not poison, and Swami Ramdas praised his unswerving faith and self-denying love.

To be willing to die for the happiness of the Beloved is true love. Such implicit faith, unfaltering love, and undivided loyalty as that of Kalyan can come to the disciple only through the Grace of the Master.

Swami Samarth Ramdas was the Guru of the great Maratha warrior Shivaji.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
Reminded of the Story of Nag Mahasaya ,the house holder disciple of Sri Ramakrishna about whom Swami Vivekananda said:"I have traveled many places in the world, but nowhere have I come across such a great soul as Nag Mahasaya".
Sri Ramakrishna was suffering from Throat cancer and the Doctors had said that the illness is incurable.One day the Master asked Suresh,a Friend of Nag Mahasaya:
"Where is that doctor? I hear, he knows medicine; please ask him to come here once." Nag mahasaya had Practised Homeopathy earlier in his career and had given it up later.
Suresh came and informed Nagmahashaya of it. In obedience to the commandment Nagmahashaya went to Cossipore. Sri Ramakrishna told him, "Oh, you have come, that's all right. The doctors and Kavirajas have given up hope of curing the disease. Do you know any charm to cure diseases? Just see, if you can effect any cure." Bending his head low Nagmahashaya thought for a while and then made a firm resolve to draw by his strong will-power, the fatal disease from the body of Sri Ramakrishna into that of his own. Suddenly a kind of abnormal excitement took possession of him and he cried out, "Yes, yes, I do know. Through Thy grace I know everything. This moment the disease can be cured." So saying, Nagmahashaya hastened towards Sri Ramakrishna. But the Master knew the disciple. He understood his motive, and warding him off from himself asking the others present-'Stop him from touching this Body';he remarked, "Yes, that is possible for you. You can cure the disease."
Nagmahashaya went for the last time to see Sri Ramakrishna some five or six days before his passing away. As soon as he entered the room, he heard the Master saying, "Can Amalakee be had now? My taste has become so flat for everything! I think it can be removed if I could chew one Amalakee." Of the devotees present there, somebody said, "Sir, this is not the season for Amalakee. Where can we get it now?" Nagmahashaya thought that when the word Amalakee came out of the holy lips of the Master, it was sure to be had somewhere. For, he knew that whatever the Master wished for was sure to come to him somehow. Once Sri Ramakrishna desired to taste an orange and he was saying about it to Swami Adbhutananda. And strangely enough, Nagmahashaya, though he had no knowledge about the Master's desire, came to Dakshineswar that very day with oranges for the Master, who ate one with great relish. Remembering this incident, Nagmahashaya, without informing anybody, went away in search of Amalakee fruits. Two days passed away but Nagmahashaya did not turn up. These days he was busy searching for the fruit, constantly wandering from garden to garden. On the third day he appeared before Sri Ramakrishna with one Amalakee fruit in hand. The Master's joy knew no bounds. Being overjoyed like a child, he said: "Ah, what a beautiful Amalakee it is! How could you get it at this time of the season?"

continued....

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »
The Life of Nag Mahasaya continued...
The Master then asked Swami Ramakrishnananda to prepare a meal for Nagmahashaya. Nagmahashaya then took his seat by the Master and began to fan him. The food was ready; but Nagmahashaya did not get up. Only when Sri Ramakrishna had asked him to go down and take his food, did he get up from the seat and go down. He took his seat but did not touch the meal. All requested him to take his food but Nagmahashaya remained silent. It was Ekadashi -- the day of fasting. But his real intention was that if Sri Ramakrishna kindly gave him Prasadam he would break his vow, though he did not open his mind to anybody. When Nagmahashaya would not touch the food by any means, Ramakrishnananda informed the Master about it. Sri Ramakrishna asked him to bring the food before him. It was done. Swami Ramakrishnananda held the plate of leaf before the Master who took a little from all the dishes, touched them with his tongue, and said, "Now go and give it to him; he will eat." Swami Ramakrishnananda brought down the plate and spread it again before Nagmahashaya. "Prasadam, Prasadam, holy Prasadam!" Nagmahashaya exclaimed and prostrated himself before the plate, and then he ate it. While eating the food, he devoured also the leaf on which the food was served. If anything was given to him as Prasadam, he would leave nothing of it. Swami Ramakrishnananda remarked that a kind of religious fervor of a high order was visibly manifested in Nagmahashaya on that day. After this incident the devotees of Sri Ramakrishna never used to serve Nagmahashaya any Prasadam on leaves. If by accident he was given Prasadam on leaves, all would wait upon him very cautiously, so that as soon as he had finished the meal, they might snatch away the leaf from him. When they gave him any fruit, they took out the stones lest he should devour them.

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 29, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »
Sri Ravi,

Just leaves a feel of longing, and prayers that some day, we too are able to atleast come somewhere close to such great devotees.

how pure are their hearts!!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta