Author Topic: my musings  (Read 172362 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2013, 10:24:12 AM »
Dear Friends,

This is to update that my cousin had his operation today, it was about 5 hour operation, Doctor has said that the operation is successful. Thank you all so very much, once again for all your good wishes and prayers. What came as a big mountain has surely been deduced to a melting ice by His grace.

Gratitude

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 14, 2013, 11:30:52 AM »
Nagaraj

Happy to note that your cousin has underwent a very successful operation . Congrats to the Team of Doctors who made this possible . Thanks also to the Almighty for making this possible .
Really happy to hear this . Keep us updated about his further progress and hope he returns back to normal life soon .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Very happy to hear the news about the successful surgery on your cousin. I wish his speedy recovery with Sri Bhagavan's Grace.

Arunachala Siva.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj,

I am very happy to hear that Your cousin is good,and surgery was succesfull.
I wish Him fast and complete recovery!

With love and prayers,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »
I may have already posted this, not sure, but, i felt necessary to pot now again, this small talk of Nochur Acharya, its beneficial to keep reminding ourselves again and again the essence of what has been conveyed below:

For realising God, the first requisite is a burning desire to do so. This is what every Mahan comes into the world to teach. It is not necessary that we know who or what God is. When the time is right, He will reveal Himself to us by sending a Sadguru into our lives who will give us the requisite Upadesha and confer liberation. But the pre requisite to all this is the ceaseless Taapam - loosely translated, a burning desire, which makes us extremely uncomfortable in our present state of being. What is required is the thought process which reprimands us for enjoying so many sensory pleasures while age and time slip through our hands; taking congnisance of that fact that we lack seriousness in what is perhaps the most serious thing in our lives and spend our lives instead on other worthless pursuits.

To illustrate this point, a story that Buddha said may be used - A man who is walking on a mountain, loses his balance and falls. He finds a rope to hang on to from which he hopes to come to safety. Above him stands a tiger that was in hot pursuit. Below lies a dangerous depth, into which if he were to fall, not even a shred of his body may be recovered. And is his rope strong enough? No .... There is a rat gnawing away at the rope!! This is the predicament of the man. And in the midst of this, there is a drop of honey that drips from a honeycomb. Impervious to the danger that he is in, this man tries to reach for that honey!! This is exactly human existence. Fraught with dangers on all sides. The rat called Time is gnawing away at our lives, and we seek momentary pleasure in watching television and mindless gossip wasting an already too short lifespan!!

Bhartruhari says in a sarcastic manner, that we in the world are so busy, engrossed in the meaningless day to day pursuits that we do not have the time to look inwards or strive for emancipation! How ironic!

आदित्यस्य गतागतैरहरहः संक्षीयते जीवितं
व्यापारैर्बहुकार्यभारगुरुभिः कालोऽपि न ज्ञायते ।
दृष्ट्वा जन्मजराविपत्तिमरणं त्रासश्च नोत्पद्यते
पीत्वा मोहमयीं प्रमादमदिरामुन्मत्तभूतं जगत् ॥४३॥

The sun rises and sets, each day goes past and the only assurance we have is that the day that is gone shall never come back again, time slips through our fingers and what do we do? He says that life is going out consistently like water which is going out of a leaky mud pot, but we are busy immersed in the day to day affairs of life (व्यापारैर्बहुकार्यभारगुरुभिः). (very seriously engaged in various duties) We claim that we are so busy that we do not have the time to think of God!!! Some people say, "I wish I could come to your Satsangam, but I am so busy, so many duties, I am not able to. Please forgive me". The tone that they use seems to imply that they consider coming to the Satsangam a favour that they bestow on others (the person who is giving the pravachanam)

This is how people pass through life, blithely unaware of Time slipping through their fingers, never to come back again. Is it that they never get an opportunity to contemplate on all this or does God does not remind us about these? No .... God reminds them in various ways - four ways to be exact(दृष्ट्वा जन्मजराविपत्तिमरणं) We see children being born, a man in the prime of his youth move on to Old age, calamities, disaster and accidents, and then finally, the clincher of all - Death. He says he is amazed at how people remain unafraid in the midst of all this. And why is it that man is not afraid? He is inebriated with the toddy of ignorance. That intoxication has spoilt his mental balance and so he manages to remain unafraid (त्रासश्च नोत्पद्यते) The world is caught in a fit of madness, he says. Man is drunk on ignorance and his thinking faculties are dulled by it (पीत्वा मोहमदिरां) This world is gotten mad (उन्मत्तभूतं जगत्) If men were drunk on Bhakthi it would be fine. That is an ecstasy which uplifts, but unfortunately man is drunk on ignorance and his thinking faculties are dulled by it. Which is why he refuses to think, is unable to think in fact, about time which is going past too fast.

But what the sages say is that a man should strive to Realise God with the same urge with which a man would run towards water, had his head caught fire (प्रदीप्त शिरहा जलराशिमिव). It is with the same sense of urgency that one should pursue God – Realisation (समिप्पाणिः श्रोत्रियम् ब्रह्मनिष्ठमुपगच्छेत्). And this samsara, has been as disconcerting as fire on one's head for Bhakthas and Rishis.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2013, 07:19:14 PM »
NagaraFriends,
It is always a pleasure to listen to Sri Nochur Venkatraman's talks,imbued as they are with Bhakti and Jnana,always spreading the aroma of communion. They are spontaneous and without the Trappings of scholastic sophistry.With regard to Bhakti and Jnana he has this simple and delightful insight-அறிந்து அடங்குதல் ஞானம் .அடங்கி அறிதல் பக்தி -aRindhu adangudhal jnaanam;adangi aRidhal bhakti-i.e to know and subside(in Self or God)is jnana ;to subside and know is Bhakti.
Truly a Great soul.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2013, 08:14:03 PM »
Sri Ravi,

Truly we are blessed to have his satsang. Just a mention of his name does something from within, some feelings of mystic, siddha, desire to be near him, his satsang an intense longing for him. Whenever i go to ramanashram i also hope he is there too... But he is still beyond reach, but only physically. He arouses such things from within.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
....oh

what did i do to derive this peace now?
what did i deserve to derive this peace now?

i am not even going to pray, let this peace be.
i am not even going to pray, let i cease
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 17, 2013, 07:58:30 PM »
That God, Peace is known only through religion, spirituality, gurus, gods is the impediment for peace.
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 17, 2013, 08:16:33 PM »
Cease from being a bhakta, we become bhakta
Cease from being a jnyani, we become jnyani
Cease from searching, then become the searched
Cease from following, then we become the followed
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 17, 2013, 08:55:56 PM »
When at peace
do not do anything to
improve it or decorate it or
register it or verify it.

To want god or peace is like
trying to sleep,
so long we try,
we can't!
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 18, 2013, 05:54:29 AM »
To want god or peace is like
trying to sleep,
so long we try,
we can't!

Excellent thoughts, Nagaraj garu. Cant put it any better. Many a times, you stop trying to sleep and you sleep in few seconds right away.

Thanks
Sanjay.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 21, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
if freedom is acknowledged, so also is bondage, along with it.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 23, 2013, 05:46:11 PM »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta