Author Topic: my musings  (Read 165700 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #165 on: October 07, 2012, 12:29:05 PM »
Sri Ravi,

your post on avvaiyar, and your emphasis on the subtle instructions such as:

"see the emphasis on 'Desire'.If this desire is nurtured it will automatically issue out in action someday or other!She is not saying-அறம் செய் (Perform Dharmic deeds)"

The story as narrated by Sri Nochur, to help substantiate the message of avvaiyar - "உடையது விளம்பேல் Advertise not what you possess"

and your elucidations regarding the difference between the Aiyam and Pitchai, in - ஐயம் இட்டு உண்:Offer(Without being asked-This is what is called Aiyam. Pitchai is that which is given after being asked for)and then Eat.

is immensely useful and thought provoking.

I am sure, if we dig deeper, we will discover much more pearls from Avvaiyar's Aathichudi.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 07, 2012, 03:31:18 PM »
stray thought -

Unless we truly know what is good for ourselves, we can never know what is good for others.

A Sage, truly is such a perfect being, that really knows what is good for others.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 07, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
"There is no coming to consciousness without pain."

(Carl Gustav Jung)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 07, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
Friends,

I must admit, over last couple of days or so, has been really brought me to deep contemplation. I really am very scared (or hesitation, would be a better word to use) to respond, what others will think, they will be hurt, and that I should not hurt them, and I should not respond, but in one way, it is good, i am thinking more than usual before i respond back, considering the sensitivities even more, but on the other hand, there is a feeling of self contraction, as a result of a vulnerable, volatile environment.

I am striving to strike a balance, but, it is not possible without His grace. May God Bless us.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Friends,

I must admit, over last couple of days or so, has been really brought me to deep contemplation. I really am very scared (or hesitation, would be a better word to use) to respond, what others will think, they will be hurt, and that I should not hurt them, and I should not respond, but in one way, it is good, i am thinking more than usual before i respond back, considering the sensitivities even more, but on the other hand, there is a feeling of self contraction, as a result of a vulnerable, volatile environment.

I am striving to strike a balance, but, it is not possible without His grace. May God Bless us.

Dear Nagaraj,

I understand what You want say. I have same thoughts,and the way i look on it,we should be tolerant and considerate in the way we dont offend someone,be rude,or harsh,etc. But that should in any way interfere in our freedom to say what we think and to share our thoughts,if they are about some subject,not offending or anything. We cannot be responsable if someone is hurt with our thinking,if that doasnt have anything with that person directly. We all are responsable for ourselfs,and we can chose not to respond to something if we dont like it. Like Atmavichar100 said it. Or we can respond,but that is also our own choice. I didnt saw anyone here is offending anyone,we mostly dont have that intention,we all just share our thoughts. If someone is offended with that,it is in his hands,not in yours,the way i look on it.

So,please,dont let anything said here put you in position to lose your freedom to talk,or be contracted in any way. I think all of us who share their thoughts often,will come on reactions and different thinking,so the way i see it for my self,i must bare it. Every action have its reaction.
So,like i see it,this forum is just for that,to share our thoughts,agree,disagree,whatever.

We all come to this than and there,and that will pass too.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2012, 05:11:01 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Just to add,I like very much Your thoughts and enjoy Your writings. They are very much inspirational and beautiful,and if sometimes i write something and disagree,that doasnt mean You should stop posting that,and that cannot anyhow effect my good will towards You,or anybody else here. I truly enjoy in everything You wrote!

I just wanted to share my own thinking on what You said,and that sure doasnt applies on everybody.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »
O Jewel,

I hope, you did not feel, i am singling you out :) , as you know, we were involved in a heated conversation, the other day, that subsided very well :) , I thought, to mutual love and harmony. I was really happy with the way it ended. Generally, i was sharing, it is with every response, that i make to anybody.

Oh, yes, i too, read your Poetry quotes, daily, they are really wonderful and very profound, i feel, the Language of love transcends all protocols.

warm regards and prayers,

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
Nagaraj/Friends,
Here is an interesting conversation from The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna:

BHAVANATH (humbly): "I feel disturbed if I have a misunderstanding with someone. I
feel that in that case I am not able to love all
"

MASTER: "Try at the outset to talk to him and establish a friendly relationship with him. If
you fail in spite of your efforts, then don't give it another thought. Take refuge in God.
Meditate on Him. There is no use in giving up God and feeling depressed from thinking
about others."

BHAVANATH: "Great souls, such as Christ and Chaitanya, have admonished us to love all
beings."

MASTER: "Love you must, because God dwells in all beings. But salute a wicked person
from a distance. You speak of Chaitanya? He also used to restrain his spiritual feeling in
the presence of unsympathetic people
. At Srivas's house he put Srivas's mother-in-law out
of the room, dragging her out by the hair
."

BHAVANATH: "It was not he but others who did it."

MASTER: "Could the other have done it without his approval? What can be done? Suppose
a man cannot make another love him; must he worry about it day and night? Must I waste
my mind, which should be given to God, on useless things? I say: 'O Mother, I don't want
Narendra, Bhavanath, Rakhal, or anybody. I seek Thee alone. What shall I do with man
?'

I am sure all devotees here are quite mature to handle the occasional heat!  :)
Please post your musings without Fear or hesitation.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2012, 05:55:38 PM »
Sri Ravi,

Thank you so much. This is most appropriate post and very reassuring response, it is powerful as well, as it is from Master Himself. Thank you.

Thanks Jewel, to you too, for extending your reassurances!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

I felt i need to tell You that,coz i truly think that,and felt i should share it with You. :)

With prayers and love..

Dear Sri Ravi,

Beautiful part from Gospel,and very appropriate too! :)

Wish You All the Best!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Ignorance is Bliss
« Reply #175 on: October 08, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
ಕಣ್ಣಿದರೆ ರವಿಯೇನು? ರವಿಯಿರದೆ ಕಣ್ಣೇನು?
ಅನ್ಯೋನ್ಯ ಸಹಕೃತಿಯಿನುಭಯ ಸಾರ್ಥಕತೆ
ನಿನ್ನಾತ್ಮ ಜಗದಾತ್ಮಕಂತು ಸಂಬಂಧವವು
ವಹ್ನಿಸ್ಫುಲಿಂಗಗಳೊ - ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ

Kannirade Ravi yenu? Ravi irade Kannenu?
Anyonya Sahakruthiyinubhaya  Saarthakate
Ninnaatma Jagadaatmakantu Sambandhavavu
Vahnisphulingagolou - Mankuthimmma

What avail is the Sun, without eyes and what avail are the eyes without the Sun
intimate mutual co-operation brings fulfillment
This is the relationship between yourself and the Supreme Self
Just like the fire and spark - Mankuthimma

What is the use if there is Sun and there are no eyes to see it, and similarly what is the use of having eyes if there is no Sun? (nothing can be seen, One without the other is no joy) Only this beautiful intimate co-operation, DVG says, inferred as Bhakti, the cooperation of Jivatma (eyes) and Paramatma(Atman) together brings contentment and joy. This is the relationship between ourselves and the Supreme Self, like the fire and the sparks, thus says Mankuthimma.

Very beautiful thought, similarly, there is this wonderful expression from Goethe -

Unless our eyes (Pure Mind) had something of the Sun (Supreme Self)
How could we even look upon the light? (Supreme Self)
Unless there lived within us God's own might - (Supreme Self itself shines in our Pure Mind as a revelation)
How could the God-like give us ecstasy? (Otherwise there is no possibility to enjoy this)

Just as a tongue cannot taste itself, So the Self
Cannot be an object of knowledge to Itself.
How, then, could He be an object to others?

Self only is, what is the joy in only Self Being? Unless there is an ignorant like me to see in awe my own real Self? Hence Ignorance is a boon. Enjoy every moment of ignorance dear friends, ignorance is a wonderful, it is only in ignorance that we can strive to measure the greatness of the Supreme Self, we can experience the pain of unable to see the Vishwarupa Darshana of Lord Krishna, which is Supreme Self.

What is the use of Supreme Self, if we, ajnanis, are not here, to see it, worship it? what is the use of an ajnani, if there is no God, Supreme Self, to see? This beautiful leela or game of Avidya and Vidya are wonderful indeed, neither are to be abhorred, without mutual cooperation, what is life?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:46:15 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Human Birth
« Reply #176 on: October 09, 2012, 07:30:35 AM »
Culprit, you've missed
your human birth.
Many owners share this body.
Parents say, "Our son!"
and raise him for their profit.
Woman says, "My dear!"
and devours him like a tigress.
Fond wives and loving sons sit,
their mouths gaping like death.

Crows and vultures think
about death, dogs and hogs
eye the road.
Fire says, I'll bum the body.
Water says, I'll quench the flames.
Earth says, I'll mingle with it.
Air says, I'll blow it away.
You think that's your home, fool?
It's the enemy at your throat.
Dazed by swarms of sense-forms,
you call the flesh your own.
The body has so many sharers,
born and dying in pain.
Insane, entranced, unthinking man
shouts "Mine!" and "Mine!" again.

(Kabir)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Reading, reading, reading
« Reply #177 on: October 09, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »
पढ़ि पढ़ि पढ़ि केता मुवा कथिकथिकथि कहा कीन्ह।
बढ़ि बढ़ि बढ़ि बहु धट गया पारब्रह्म नहीं चीन्ह॥

paṛhi paṛhi paṛhi ketā muvā kathikathikathi kahā kīnha
baṛhi baṛhi baṛhi bahu dhaṭa gayā pārabrahma nahīṁ cīnha

Reading, reading, reading – so many have died in this way; they were ceaselessly speaking about it, but did they actually advanced towards their objective? Further and further on, through how many bodies one has to pass without realizing Pāra Brahma?

(Gorakhnath)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:06:59 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
ethical dilemma
« Reply #178 on: October 10, 2012, 04:57:33 PM »
Ethical Dilemma - dharma sankaTam

ಧರ್ಮಸಂಕಟದಿ ಮನ ತಲ್ಲಣಿಸುತಿರುವಂದು
ನಿರ್ಮಥಿಸು ನಿನ್ನಾತ್ಮವನೆ ಮಮತೆ ಬಿಟ್ಟು
ನಿರ್ಮಮದ ಸದ್ವಿವೇಕದ ದೀಪಕಿಂತ ನೀಂ
ನೆಮ್ಮಲಿನ್ನೇನಿಹುದೊ - ಮನ್ಕುತಿಮ್ಮ

dharma sankaTadi mana tallaNisutiruvandu
nirmathisu ninnAtmavane mamate biTTu
nirmamada sadvivEkada dIpakinta nEn
nemmalinnEnisuhudO mankutimma

When your mind is perplexed with ethical dilemma,
Introspect yourself with dispassion
what else but the light of conscience
Can you depend upon? - Mankuthimma

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Nurture Serenity
« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »
ಸ್ಮಿತವಿರಳಿ ವದನದಲಿ ಕಿವಿಗೆ ಕೇಳಿಸದಿರಲಿ
ಹಿತವಿರಳಿ ವಚನದಲಿ ಋತವ ಬಿಡದಿರಲಿ
ಮಿತವಿರಲಿ ಮನಸಿನುದ್ವೇಗದಲಿ ಭೊಗದಲಿ
ಅತಿ ಬೇಡವೆಲ್ಲಿಯುಂ - ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ

smitavirali vadanadali kivige kELisadirali
hitavirali vacanadali Rutava biDadirali
mitavirali manasinudvEgadali bhOgadali
ati bEDavelliyum - mankutimma

Have a smiling face, have a nice word
Let not ears hear roar of laughter, don't let go of duties
Belimited in mind's agitation and enjoyment
Don't be excessive in anything - Mankuthimma

DVG speaks about nurturing serenity. Let there be always a pleasant smile on your face, specially when you see somebody and also let there be warmth in your talk, and what you talk be of some good or interest of the other, let it be soothing and not loud, let it be pleasant to the ears. Stick to good principles of life. Do not utter something inorder to please others. Control emotions and aviod excessive indulgence. These will mould your life, thus says Mankuthimma.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta