Author Topic: my musings  (Read 117049 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
Prashant/nAgaraj/Friends,

"can you tell me difference between mother-theresa and ramana maharshi?"

What a question?It will be more profitable to ask 'What is the difference between Mother Teresa and myself'?It will then be clear what nAgaraj has been trying to express,all along in this thread-what has been so wonderfully expressed by Swami VivekAnanda:
"They alone live who live for others;the rest are more dead than alive"
We know that we exist;we also need to live.Without living,self realization is a chimera.

Namaskar.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
Of course, spirituality is not about "Living dead people" :). It is about those who thrive in joy even in worst.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:39 PM »
sanjaya/Friends,
Yes,Lord Jesus said so powerfully:'Let the Dead bury the Dead;Do thou follow me'.
What a life mother teresa lived!To have come from a different country,forsaking kith and kin,taking to a life of serving the Lepers and the Dying!!!
People balk at the prospect of wiping the  bottom and  of their own baby!They close their nostrils with a handkerchief!
Here Mother has inspired so many young and earnest souls to serve the sick and the poor;this often involved being soiled by their vomit and excreta.All this service is in the name of the lord.
The least we can do is to acknowledge the thyAga of these Gallant souls who have dedicated themselves to such service.This is also sAdhana and a very potent one as well.
Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
Swami VivekAnanda: "They alone live who live for others;the rest are more dead than alive"
We know that we exist;we also need to live.Without living,self realization is a chimera.

Of course, spirituality is not about "Living dead people". It is about those who thrive in joy even in worst. 

Yes,Lord Jesus said so powerfully:'Let the Dead bury the Dead;Do thou follow me'.
What a life mother teresa lived!To have come from a different country,forsaking kith and kin,taking to a life of serving the Lepers and the Dying!!!
People balk at the prospect of wiping the  bottom and  of their own baby!They close their nostrils with a handkerchief!
Here Mother has inspired so many young and earnest souls to serve the sick and the poor;this often involved being soiled by their vomit and excreta.All this service is in the name of the lord.
The least we can do is to acknowledge the thyAga of these Gallant souls who have dedicated themselves to such service.This is also sAdhana and a very potent one as well. Namaskar.

Friends,

Truly being in quest of Self, God, one will begin to experience emotional shifts of energy, as his consciousness is more open, not just limited to ones own family and friends. Somewhere something happens in some country, would begin to attract or extract your empathy from within, somewhere somebody throws a stone on some stray dog, it will attract or extract your love and compassion from within. Everybody becomes your people, your family, your-Self, finally. What happens to them, affect you.

The only way to know if we are really progressing in our spirituality is our ability to connect with others, to relieve others of their burden, pains and agony. Not even striving to provide solution, but merely listening them out, in understanding. What do the Guru, Acharyas or Bhagavan  have been doing all along, They simply listened to people. Listening is not easy. It is Everything.

Even the most precious thing one can genuinely offer God is ones own tears, and absolutely nothing else, and nothing else is really ours, it is only those tears that is true expression of the Self, Brahman, Atma, everything else belongs to body and world. Realisation should not supersede ones Dharma. Realisation is the fruit the Lord bestows on one who truly follows ones Dharma.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Till life's test comes
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »
ಸರ್ವರುಮ್ ಸಾಧುಗಳೇ ಸರ್ವರುಮ್ ಬೋಧಕರೇ
ಜೀವನಪರೀಕ್ಷೆ ಬಂದಿದಿರು ನಿಲುವನಕ
ಭಾವಾಮರ್ಮಮ್ಗಳೆಳುವುವಾಗ ತಳದಿಂದ
ದೇವರೇ ಗತಿಯಾಗ - ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ

Sarvarum Saadhugale Sarvarum Bodhakare
Jeevanaparikshe bandidiru Niluvanaka
Bhaava marmangalelu vuvaaga Taladinda
Devare Gatiyaaga - Mankuthimma

Everybody is a Saint, Everybody a Preacher,
Till, Life's tests comes and stands in front,
Inner secrets of nature (vasanas) then rise from the bottom
God is the only refuge then - Mankuthimma

DVG says, Every body is a saint and a preacher, he refers to most of us, we read so many books and assimilate so much knowledge and go about as though we are Saints and also share our knowledge, could be so, even with good intentions. But all these confidence, in our knowledge of Self, Brahma Satyam JaganMithya, Brahmaiva Satyam etc... lasts only thus long, till Life throws upon us some testing times, then all the inner secret feelings (பதட்டம்    தளணம்) begin to sprout that were long hidden by those knowledges "Brahmaiva Satyam & so on" of fear, depression, under confidence, we begin to ponder and pray, O God why Thou test me so much? i cant endure this life,...  we wonder what happened to all our wisdom and capabilities. Then at such a time, Ayamatma Brahma, Brahma Satyam Jaganmithya all disappear and only God is refuge then - Thus says Mankuthimma.

DVG uses the word Talanam, the word is also in Tamil well, (பதட்டம்    தளணம்) infact, Old Kannada is very very similar to Tamil, with little effort one can assimilate the essence from the mula (Kannada) itself   

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:53:31 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
Truly being in quest of Self, God, one will begin to experience emotional shifts of energy, as his consciousness is more open, not just limited to ones own family and friends. Somewhere something happens in some country, would begin to attract or extract your empathy from within, somewhere somebody throws a stone on some stray dog, it will attract or extract your love and compassion from within.

Nagaraj Garu - Why is it that Bhagawan paid no attention when thousands were dying in World war? Just curious. I agree with what you wrore personally - but wanted to know this aspect. I have also heard something to the effect that when someone asked Bhagawan why he is so detachhed to the war which is killing millions - he said there is nothing happening or something like that.
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2012, 09:57:58 PM »
Sanjay garu,

The subject which has sprung has been the question over all ages, when so many killings were going on, what is the plan behind this? This is the one "space" or "corner" that tests even the more wisest and great Bhaktas, they fail to discern the ways of the Truth or God, they simply cannot grasp the ways. Lord Krishna could not stop the war. What could be said, if he willed what could not be achieved by him? he even indirectly participated in a war? What are His ways? mysterious, they are, which is why, in Russia, some groups are so confused, that they believed Krishna in Gita promotes violence and so on. But the fact is that Truth is much different from fact and Truth cannot be perceived by our normal ordinary eyes.

Upon reading your post, i was only reminded about the times Jnaneshwar and his Brother-Guru Nivritti. It was the times of tyranny of Muslim invaders, who tortured Hindus, destroyed temples and resorted in unreligious acts, of forceful conversion, taking away the hindu women and committed many atrocities that are unacceptable for any sane human being, who is simple and just even if not religious. I am reproducing from Swami Abhayananda's book, about such a topic, which was quite a magnitude as it seemed in the world war. Kindly read on...

“The wicked mlechhas pollute the religion of the Hindus every day. They break the images of the gods into pieces and throw the articles of worship into the garbage pits. They throw the Srimad Bhagavatam and other scriptures into the fire, forcibly take away the conch and bell of the Brahmin priests, and lick the sandal-paste marks from the women’s bodies. They urinate like dogs on the sacred Tulsi plant, and deliberately pass feces on the altars of our temples. They spit upon the Hindus engaged in worship, and harass the Hindu saints as if they were so many lunatics on the loose.

“With my own eyes, I saw them put a good woman to the test of faith. She had been accused of teaching the Hindu faith, and it was declared that she would be tried by having four large pots of water tied to her hands and feet, and then she would be thrown into the deepest part of the river. If she drowned, she would be ruled innocent. But she did not drown; somehow she escaped and made her way to shore. By the terms of this trial, this was taken as proof that she was guilty as a kaftar (non-believer in Islam). The naib-us-sultan then ordered her to be burnt. This I saw with my own eyes. Do you wonder that all our suffering people pray for the day when all of the Aryavarta will be free of these murdering fiends! But, my friends, God does not hear us. I fear He has forsaken us.”

All during the evening meal, the pilgrims were discussing among themselves what the old sannyasin had said. Jnaneshvar also pondered over what he had heard. He knew that all that occurred was ordained by God, was God’s own actions; yet he could not understand why the Lord saw fit to cause such pain and sorrow on the earth. Later, after their meal, as they sat round the fire, the old sannyasin spoke again:

“The times have become very hard in our country,” he said. “The Muslim tyrants with their ruthless armies of killers have taken the entire northern part of Bharadwaja, and have set up their kingdom in our sacred city of Delhi. Thousands of people are tortured and murdered daily. And I say it is only a matter of time before they cross the mountains and march on Devgiri itself. Then your people too will be slaughtered at Pandharpur, and your temples will be destroyed, your sisters raped and your children enslaved! Why should it be so, my dear friends? What can God have in mind to treat His people so?”

For a few minutes no one answered the old man; but finally, Changadev spoke up; “It is better not to question the ways of God,” he said. “The law of karma is impenetrable; but the causes of every man’s fruits in this life go back to lives before lives, and the cause of what comes to us now is buried in the deep recesses of the past, and cannot be known by the mind of man.”

“Yes,” said the sannyasin, “I know. I’ve heard all that myself. But look, if you go back to the causes of actions and you keep going back and back, mustn’t you eventually come to a beginning of all causes, and isn’t that God Himself? Eh?”

Jnaneshvar chuckled; “I think he’s got you there, dear Changadev; what do you say?”

“It seems to me,” put in the sannyasin, “it’s the noblest souls who suffer the most. Why? It’s the ones who trust in God, who are good and gentle — they are torn to pieces while the murderers grow fat, the liars get rich and the stupid grow more content. What of those good and honest men whom God tortures and drives to the river to drown themselves by their own hand in despair? What of the holy Shankara, or Isha (Jesus)? God tortures such men. He leaves them no place to sleep, with nothing to eat, with no friends to love and laugh with. And when they speak of God, they are beaten and despised among men. Is this a loving god, to make such a world? I ask you?”

Everyone sat quietly gazing into the glowing embers of the fire. Nivritti then spoke: “I think we cannot judge from the point of view of human values, whether what God has done is good or bad. It is as it is, beyond our feeble notions of good and bad; and in the end, when all the yugas are passed and we come to the end of the kalpa, all will be seen to be perfect in the beginning, perfect in its unfolding, and perfect in its end.” “Perhaps,” said the sannyasin; “but still I say that, if God’s world is one in which the good suffer more in proportion to their goodness, where the wise are reviled and the dull-witted are honored; where the gentle are persecuted and the mean are highly respected; where the seers are called ‘mad’ and the deluded are called ‘great’ — then God has done badly, and His world is not fit to live in.”

“That is one perspective,” said Nivritti; “but if He secretly upholds the good with strength in their sufferings, and gives contentment to the wise in their solitary lives, and fills the hearts of the gentle with the joy of love, and grants to the seers the vision of Himself, the knowledge and bliss of their own eternal Souls — then God has done well, and His world is a marvelous
world.”

The sannyasin remained silent. Jnaneshvar also said nothing. There was nothing more to be said; and so, one by one, the men wandered off to prepare their bedding for the night and to sit quietly beneath the stars, while nearby they could hear the voice of Muktabai, softly singing:

Rama Raghava, Rama Raghava
Rama Raghava, raksha mam
(Lord Rama, Lord Rama,
Lord Rama, protect me.)
Krishna Keshava, Krishna Keshava
Krishna Keshava, pahi mam
(Lord Krishna, Lord Krishna,
Lord Krishna, enlighten me.)

What could be said, like the saying in tamil goes, Arindadu Kai Alavu, Ariyaadadu Ulagalavu, what is known is just fistful and what is unknown is as huge as the world.

Sanjay garu, you know, this is verily the final test, on our trust of Truth, final test on our faith, that ceases to question the ways of God. We are nobody to question the God and his ways, we are not even an molecule or even the minutest of particle before the truth. This is the last bit of ego that needs to sacrifice itself before the Truth that is RUDRA, sacrifice of all knowledge, logic, all Rights as well. Not to question the Gods will. Ninnishtam en nnishtam as Bhagavan says.

I'll post yet another instance from Shirdi Sai Baba in the next post, which is thought provoking!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Ordeal of Guru Bhakti
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2012, 10:03:10 PM »
Let us now see, how the second Cholera-ordinance fared with Baba. While it was in force, somebody brought a goat to the Masjid. It was weak, old and about to die. At this time Fakir Pir Mohamad of Malegaon alias Bade Baba was near. Sai Baba asked him to behead it with one stroke, and offer it as an oblation. This Bade Baba was much respected by Sai Baba. He always sat on the right hand of Sai Baba. After the chilim (pipe) was first smoked by him, it was then offered to Baba and others. After the dishes were served, at the time of taking meals at noon, Baba respectfully called Bade Baba and made him sit on His left side, and then all partook of food. Baba paid him also daily Rs.50/- out of the amount collected as Dakshina. Baba accompanied him hundred paces whenever he was going away. Such was his position with Baba. But when Baba asked him to behead the goat, he flatly refused, saying "Why it should be killed for nothing?" Then Baba asked Shama to kill it. He went to Radha-Krishna-Mai and brought a knife from her and placed it before Baba. Knowing the purpose for which the knife was taken, she recalled it. Then Shama went to bring another knife, but stayed in the Wada, and did not return soon. Then came the turn of Kakasaheb Dixit. He was 'good gold' no doubt, but had to be tested. Baba asked him to get a knife and kill the goat. He went to Sathe's Wada and returned with a knife. He was ready to kill it at Baba's bidding. He was born in a pure Brahmin family and never in his life knew killing. Though quite averse to do any act of violence, he made himself bold to kill the goat. All the people wondered to see that Bade Baba, a Mahomedan was unwilling to kill it while this pure Brahmin was making preparations to do so. He tightened his dhotar and with a semicircular motion raised his hand with the knife and looked at Baba for the final signal. Baba said - "What are you thinking of? Go on, strike". Then, when the hand was just about to come down, Baba said - "Stop, how cruel you are! Being a Brahmin, you are killing a goat?" Kakasaheb obeyed and kept the knife down and said to baba - "Your nectarlike word is law unto us, we do not know any other ordinance. We remember You always, meditate on Your Form and obey You day and night, we do not know or consider whether it is right or wrong to kill, we do not want to reason or discuss things, but implicit and prompt compliance with Guru's orders, is our duty and dharma".

Then Baba said to Kakaseheb, that He would Himself do the offering and killing business. It was settled that the goat should be disposed of near a place called Takkya, where fakirs used to sit. When the goat was being removed to that place, it fell dead on the way.

Hemadpant closes the Chapter with a classification of disciples. He says that they are of three kinds :

(1) First or best
(2) Second or middling and
(3) Third or ordinary.

The best kind of disciples are those who guess what their Gurus want and immediately carry it out and serve them without waiting for an order from them. The average disciples are those who carry out the orders of their Masters to a letter, without any delay, and the third kind of disciples are those, who go on postponing the carrying out of their orders and making mistakes at every step.

The disciples should have firm faith, backed up by intelligence and if they and patience to these, their spiritual goal will not be distant. Control of breath -- ingoing and outgoing, or Hath-Yoga or other difficult practices are not at all necessary. When the disciples get the above-mentioned qualities, they become ready for further instructions and the Masters then appear and lead them on, in their spiritual path to perfection.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2012, 05:55:54 AM »
Dear Nagaraj,Prasanth,Sri Ravi,Friends, I would like to say something regarding Prasanth comment on Ramana and Mother Teresa. My answer is not inspired with their saying,coz,for me,both are following their own way and thinking,but with reactions on that. The way i see it,Prasanth didnt said anything offending,and i would like to see reactions if instead Mother name there was Osho name,would everyone ask for respect. I Love Nagaraj approach and think it is beautiful and inspiring. But one is what i love,and another what is needed or not needed. Not everyone can be missionar and not everyone need to. What if someone had life without freedom,and his way to realisation is to shun all bonds and restrictions? He will not serve. Even,if i think that Nagaraj didnt said that in the first place,but is talking about goodness,idealistic view,and also Prasanth didnt offended anyone,but follow his own way. Like Nagaraj beautifuly said,live,live free,true to your self,follow your way and your nature.

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:40 AM »
Dear Friends, Just to add,not to put something which Nagaraj didnt said,not in that way anyway,i said folow your way and your nature. Nagaraj said live,live free,and for me,he have beautiful way and looking on life. That is not why i said all this,and i also believe that it is more important what kind of person someone is,than anything else,realisation too. But,i dont think everyone is like that,and i dont think that that can be chosed,but must come from heart. Also,i didnt saw anything offending there,and wanted to share my thoughts. And i would like that everyone should be respected in the same way. Only that. Not with like or not,but the way it is.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2012, 09:40:12 AM »
Nagaraj Garu

yes. But the doctrine of Karma has so many holes in it like you pointed in Changdev story. But what Swami Rama says below seems to give it all a completely different tone - and this is so logical, it is hard to pick holes like as in Karma Theory on why all these happen.

From In Woods of God Realization Volume 3 Section 4 "Replies to some questions on Vedanta"

According to this doctrine of Karma, past actions have created the differences in your present circumstances. Then from this it follows that even in your past births, in your past lives there was a difference in your actions, desires, and whims. There were some who were sick, some who were poor, and some who were rich. To what cause were the differences in your past life due? The answer is that the differences in the circumstances in your past life were due to similar differences in the life before that. And to what cause were due the differences in the third life from this? They were due to the corresponding differences in the life preceding that. This doctrine makes the difficulty a million times more complex, because, according to this doctrine, we see that all your past lives, all your past births, even back to eternity, even up to the beginning if there be a beginning, differences are even there; there is variety and conflict all along. Now the question is not answered, it is simply made more complex. Now the question comes with even stronger force, and it stands like this: How is it that God from eternity should have kept up this difference? How is it that God from eternity should have made Himself rich at one place and poor at another? Why should He have made Himself diseased at one place and in perfect health at another? How unreasonable it is! How is this difference justified? The Vedanta says this was a question which it had to put to you, not you to the Vedanta. This is a question which you have to answer. The burden does not lie on the Vedanta. It believes in unity, oneness, and at the same time explains this apparent variety. 

For example if there was a tyrant, and he had before him five different persons, different from himself, that man being in the place of God, and those persons being his creatures, servants, slaves, and if this man put one of these slaves, into a dungeon, and another into a beautiful garden, and another into a magnificent palace, and another into the toilet room, and the last one all the time under a very heavy burden, and placed on his breast the mighty Himalayas, and kept them on his bosom all the time, what would you think of such a master? Cruel, unjust master! If God be different from his creatures, and makes one nation very happy and another very wretched, and if He makes one man very wealthy and another very poor, what will you think of such a Master? Cruel, cruel, unjust, unjust! This is now the question which those people have to answer who believe God is different from Mankind. The Vedanta does not believe God to be far away; one has only to close his eyes and see Him within.

Suppose there is a master who goes into the garden at one time, into the mansion at another time, into the dingy dungeon at one time, and into the toilet room some other time, goes into the kitchen himself, and lives also under a burden himself. What will you call him? Is he unjust? No, no. He would be unjust if the people whom he kept in the dungeon, in the garden, in the mansion, or in the toilet room had been different from him; but if it is he himself who resorts to the toilet room and he himself who goes into the other places, then he is not unjust. All the blame is taken off him.  Thus the Vedanta says this apparent variety, this apparent conflict, will be a blot on the face of God if God were different from the people who suffer and from the people who are rich and poor. It is God Himself; it is Rama himself;
Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2012, 09:49:36 AM »
Dear Prashant garu,

A meteor disappearing or just vanishing into thin air like Ramalinga Adigalar, or a sun revolving behind their heads, these things are not the ones that help one know whether somebody is a jnani and these things do not determine a Sage's Mukti. When a Sadhaka is even pulled towards the path of Gods, even a little, he will know within his heart that such a being is Supreme Being. Even a strongest of egoistic person bows in humility before such a Paramatma.

There are so many articles written on how to recognise a Jivanmukta. Various complicated things are written, such as, they say, a Jivanmukta has dropped desires, he is like blazing Sun, above good and evil, mysterious, fearless, angerless, he is above 3 gunas, his state is beyond description, he will move like ordinary man, He has no Mine, I, duality, non duality, qualified duality non duality, and so many more, we can add on. This list can be endless. All these are quite tiresome and quite complicated. The question is, are we so evolved enough  to even notice and grasp these subtle aspects? If we truly could, there would not be any difference between the Jnani and ourselves.

You asked, how can we recognise a Jnani? can we? are we so evolved that we can recognise who is a Jnani or God realised person? How can one recognise a Jnani with the senses and a mind? It is impossible. That is why, living beings are blessed with Bhavam, feelings that sprout from heart. That of (He/She), in whose presence, your heart begins to melt like an ice filled with love, in whose presence, our minds bow down in humility, there our hearts rise and do the bidding, there peace permeates all over, every cell of our body is at peace, there is a sense of release, relief, as safe as being in a womb, security, one will be able to recognise a Mahatma, inspite of his ego, senses and the plays of mind there, one can know one is in presence of a Jivanmukta.

We can never recognise a Jnani through mind, but only by heart. That we have all some Guru, is a proof that we are blessed.

For, Truly, a Guru pulls one towards him only out of grace, out of compassion. And, even thought, we may be in search of a realised Guru, and find one eventually, (rather He pulls us), and when we do so, we actually are pulled and moved by his grace, not even by his realisation. I am sure, we are all pulled by Gurus like Bhagavan, Ramakrishnar, Shirdi Sai Baba, and others, only due to their compassion, love, grace, as a father, mother, and so on and never it is out of a recognition that such one is a Jnani, or a realised being.

Bhagavan said, only a Jnani can see a Jnani. Therefore, does it not mean, when we all see and know Bhagavan to be a Jnani, in those moments, aren't we also, not the same perfect Self? We have that within ourselves, we have the same nature here, hence beyond the senses and mind some force guides us, from within, what we call intuition, the grace of Lord itself that enables us to recognise the Paramatma. Avan Arulale Avan Thaal Vanangi, meaning, it is out of his own grace, that we are even able to worship his holy feet. I remember a wonderful quote of Goethe that helps to substantiate this:

Within the soul's pure place moves a spirit
unto a higher, purer and unknown
giving itself freely in thankfulness,
Reading the riddle of them no tongue can name

I truly believe that a Sadhaka's approach should be that everybody apart oneself is a Mukta:

Isavasyam idam sarvam yat kim ca jagatyam jagat,
All this is pervaded by the Lord, whatever is moving and not moving in this world.

When we, slowly strive to be like this, we are blessed with humility, our mind which distinguishes is trained to be humble. everybody out there is a mukta, everybody is my Guru, we get to learn and see the truth through everybody in some way or the other. Everybody is Guru Swarupa.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:55:36 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2012, 10:09:10 AM »
Dear Sanjay garu,

i am not sure, if i really got a grasp of what you are asking. But, i felt like expressing as follows:

Since you listen to Guru Nochur's pravachanams, you would remember that, the Paramporul, like a mother, slowly and slowly, in order to feed the baby, keeps on telling various theories, and stories, like there was a horse with a horns and there was a barren woman, whose son sat on a white golden elephant, that flew in the air and crosses the 7 seas and so on... by which time, the child would have eaten its food, and the mother is happy, so is the child as well. Like these, for one who asks about creation, so many things are said, so that, slowly, out of this curiosity, that Paramporul, out of immense compassion, gives out various doctrines, and various interpretations various Gods, and so on, only so as to make the child finally eat the food of Jnana. Sanjay garu, there are millions of doctrines and theories, listen and read them so long, there is curiosity to know about creation and the ways of God. Listen to your heart, that knows more than any doctrine and theories, when the hunger satiates, what doctrines what theories and what logics? everything is burnt in the fire, not even the Vedas last then. The vedas themselves exclaim being unable to describe That which is. it bows down.

some humble musings.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »
Dear Nagaraj,Prasanth,Sri Ravi,Friends, I would like to say something regarding Prasanth comment on Ramana and Mother Teresa. My answer is not inspired with their saying,coz,for me,both are following their own way and thinking,but with reactions on that. The way i see it,Prasanth didnt said anything offending,and i would like to see reactions if instead Mother name there was Osho name,would everyone ask for respect. I Love Nagaraj approach and think it is beautiful and inspiring. But one is what i love,and another what is needed or not needed. Not everyone can be missionar and not everyone need to. What if someone had life without freedom,and his way to realisation is to shun all bonds and restrictions? He will not serve. Even,if i think that Nagaraj didnt said that in the first place,but is talking about goodness,idealistic view,and also Prasanth didnt offended anyone,but follow his own way. Like Nagaraj beautifuly said,live,live free,true to your self,follow your way and your nature.

Dear Friends, Just to add,not to put something which Nagaraj didnt said,not in that way anyway,i said folow your way and your nature. Nagaraj said live,live free,and for me,he have beautiful way and looking on life. That is not why i said all this,and i also believe that it is more important what kind of person someone is,than anything else,realisation too. But,i dont think everyone is like that,and i dont think that that can be chosed,but must come from heart. Also,i didnt saw anything offending there,and wanted to share my thoughts. And i would like that everyone should be respected in the same way. Only that. Not with like or not,but the way it is.

Dear Jewel,

you words are heard and they are very true. But in the same spirit, nobody also took Prashant garu's question as offending as well. Every response is an act of compassion, and i believe, we all respect each other for who each one truly is. I am sure, none of us are in any way, in any spirit against this spirit. Everybody are children of God. We are all from the same source. colours of cows are different, but the milk is one, people, the nature, leaves, flower, water are all different, but the soul is one, it is the same love, compassion that connects everybody. I am sure, we all respect the different aspects of the same source. And only when this difference exists, without the string (soul)  that connects the difference, that it breeds samsara, it breeds duality, the love that connects every different aspect is seen to be different, then a discussion takes place, as a form of compassion to simply go beyond these differences. Lord Krishna states, he would take birth then ad where there is decay in Dharma, does that mean, he is going to come in a form which we expect him to? no, he will take birth in the form of the Truth in our exchanges, and in the end Truth alone prevails, we all have to bow before this Truth.

The response may have seemed a little offending, perhaps because, (without any wrongful intentions) this topic of discussion, this thread, is just continuing since where it was left in the past in the following posts, which i am not sure, you are aware:

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=7047.msg28174#msg28174

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/forum/index.php?topic=6989.msg26503#msg26503

So, therefore, this is simply a continuation of that discussion, i am sure, we all do not want to leave any hard feelings, of-course, the discussion has to continue till the cause unites at one common goal that is God. This is the cycle of birth, and death, which continues from where it is left, and is carried along, to the next birth, until to a point, where there is no more re-birth at all.

I am sure, Prashant garu, you would agree. We are all here, to uplift ourselves mutually, with exchange of views, only in-order that, it help us go beyond differences people may be.

I believe, no matter, how different each person may be, how different path, each one may be, no matter, how different, the concept of freedom may be, everybody is still connected with the fine thread of compassion and love which is the same Self, which can never be different, no matter what ever else is different.

with love to one and all,

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:43:28 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
"But the fruit of the Spirit (the Self) is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html