Author Topic: my musings  (Read 179833 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #600 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:09 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Bhakti is Jnana Prasadam.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »

"My mind is undergoing a change. I cannot take prasad any more.
The Real and the Appearance are becoming one to me.
Do you know what I saw just now? A divine form-a vision
of the Divine Mother. She had a child in Her womb.
She gave birth to it and the next instant began to swallow it;
and as much of it as went into Her mouth became void.
It was revealed to me that everything is void.
The Divine Mother said to me, as it
were: 'Come confusion! Come delusion! Come!'"
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
The Nature of Bhakti is that it does not seek a reason for its existence.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 06, 2013, 09:49:10 PM »
Thank you Sri Ravi. Thats goes so deep within. Your expression are so very true. So very grateful for sharing this. Bowled over!!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 07, 2013, 07:05:22 AM »

Wonderful - that is 101% perfect bhakthi, the bhakthi that Bhagwan and Sri Ramakrishna had. I always wonder -

If you have Jnana and Bhakthi without Vairagya, you get an indulgent individual.
If you have Bhakthi and Vairagya without Jnana, you get a depressed individual.
If you have Jnana and Vairagya without Bhakthi, you get an arrogant individual.

As they teach in Math, in the Venn diagram of Jnana, bhakthi and Vairagya, blessed are those who just BE in the middle of overlap of all three.

Sanjay.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:07:06 AM by sanjaya_ganesh »
Salutations to Bhagawan

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 07, 2013, 09:46:28 AM »
Sanjaya,

If you have Jnana and Bhakthi without Vairagya, you get an indulgent individual.
If you have Bhakthi and Vairagya without Jnana, you get a depressed individual.
If you have Jnana and Vairagya without Bhakthi, you get an arrogant individual

This is  true.Just a small correction:

If one aspires for Jnana and Bhakthi and ignores Vairagya, you get an indulgent individual.
If one aspires for Bhakthi and Vairagya and ignores  Jnana, you get a depressed individual.
If one aspires for Jnana and Vairagya and ignores Bhakthi, you get an arrogant individual.

Namaskar

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 07, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
Sanjaya/nagaraj/Friends,

You may like to watch this video clip from Vireswar Vivekananda.The Scene is where after his father's death,Naren's family is dire straits where the family has to face Stark Hunger for a single meal a day!Provoked by his mother,Naren approaches Sri Ramakrishna to seek his intecession with Divine mother Bhavatarini to get a boon for the cessation of this misery.Sri Ramakrishna tells him:'Why don't you ask her yoursel.' Naren Tells Sri ramakrishna:'I do not know her.She listens to you'.Sri Ramakrishna tells him:'I have done it many times.She says that Sukha and dukkha have to borne.He then suggests:'Today is Tuesday Night,an auspicious one for the Mother.You go and ask her yourself'.
A firm conviction seizes Naren that he is going to The Divine mother.He goes to the temple and has the vision of Divine Mother!Beholding her ,he forgets the very purpose of his visit!He returns to sri Ramakrishna who asks him as to what the Divine mother said!Naren tells him that he has forgotten about it!Sri Ramakrishna sends him back to the Divine Mother.Naren again goes to the temple and on seeing the Divine mother asks for Jnana,Bhakti,Vairagya and Viveka.He returns to Sri Ramakrishna who again enquires whether he asked the Mother this time.Naren says -'No.I was ashamed to ask'!
This is one of the best movie on Sri Ramakrishna and swami Vivekananda-several other movies have been taken subsequently but this one comes close and the actors and the director have done a splendid job here.
Here is the Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCD7odV6_3w

The complete movie in Bengali-vireswar vivekananda is available here.It is not difficult for someone familiar in Hindi to follow the Bengali.The songs are splendid.
The link to part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYjhmBoSQlA
The link to part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGawTJLI5Ks

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 07, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
Sri Ravi, Sri Sanjay,

Such a beautiful incident/scene, what compassion, what thrill!

--

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 07, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
Stray thoughts...

Excepting rarest of rare cases, it is essential to surrender to a living guru in flesh and blood, serve him, be with him, interact with him - this is the way to get ourselves purified! We cannot be our own Guru, our intelligence is limited. Yes Bhagavan has said Self is Guru, but, even Muruganar, who was so humble had to be near the Guru, even M had to be near his Master. We ought to know where we are. Mere knowledge gained through books and hearsay will not be enough to efface the ego. Ego is subtlest of the subtlest!

PS: Again a living Guru in flesh and blood need not just be somebody in just a loin cloth or dressed in an orange garb!

--
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 11:58:31 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #609 on: September 07, 2013, 04:14:19 PM »
Stray thoughts...

Excepting rarest of rare cases, it is essential to surrender to a living guru in flesh and blood, serve him, be with him, interact with him - this is the way to get ourselves purified! We cannot be our own Guru, our intelligence is limited. Yes Bhagavan has said Self is Guru, but, even Muruganar, who was so humble had to be near the Guru, even M had to be near his Master. We ought to know where we are. Mere knowledge gained through books and hearsay will not be enough to efface the ego. Ego is subtlest of the subtlest!

PS: Again a living Guru in flesh and blood need not just be somebody in just a loin cloth or dressed in an orange garb!

--

Totally agree about that! :)
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:49 PM »
Stray thoughts..

It does not mean, that one who feels a want for a living Guru, does not feel the presence of some Guru who has left his mortal coils! Infact, the That Guru manifests yet again as a Living Guru for the sake of the devotee just out of Love!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »
Stray thoughts..

It does not mean, that one who feels a want for a living Guru, does not feel the presence of some Guru who has left his mortal coils! Infact, the That Guru manifests yet again as a Living Guru for the sake of the devotee just out of Love!

--

Yes, but it is much easier to serve and surrender to living Guru. The connection between Guru and sadhaka is much more vivid and strong. But this is not a denial of surrendering to 'dead' Guru. Guru is ONE and He is always present, with form or without form.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 07, 2013, 06:20:35 PM »
i have not denied it Hari? Have i? what I have been stressing is, both are true. If one says, its undoing or lack of knowledge if one looks for a living Guru then it is discerned that it is no so. and if one says only living Guru would save us, then it is discerned that it is not so.

Could it not be either?

What is living or dead? are they not in our minds? A Guru is Guru! Some feel Gurus presence in books, some in Ashram, Some here some there, some within, some without. what matters how it is? why get into polemics, this is lesser that is great.

To each, each way!

God fulfills himself in many ways Lest one good custom should corrupt the world. - Tennyson

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 07, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
i have not denied it Hari? Have i? what I have been stressing is, both are true. If one says, its undoing or lack of knowledge if one looks for a living Guru then it is discerned that it is no so. and if one says only living Guru would save us, then it is discerned that it is not so.

Could it not be either?

What is living or dead? are they not in our minds? A Guru is Guru! Some feel Gurus presence in books, some in Ashram, Some here some there, some within, some without. what matters how it is? why get into polemics, this is lesser that is great.

To each, each way!

God fulfills himself in many ways Lest one good custom should corrupt the world. - Tennyson

--

I have just confirmed what you have said. I did not argue with you. :)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 07, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
I have just confirmed what you have said. I did not argue with you. :)

yes yes, :) i did not refer to you.. i was just expressing, that i have always aspired to bring this middle cognition in my expressions all along!

A kind of strong holding onto or latching on to ones own truth is unhealthy. We need to discern that there are millions of ways, and the God or Self may do Its own bidding in mysterious ways. A kind of "seeing down upon" short-sightedly attitude is often seen upon other schools.

Such ones who are expected to see Guru in everything, are unable to see Guru in Living Flesh, how short-sightedly it could get?

This is just a positive criticism. A person who has surrendered to Formless Guru must be willing to face hard truths, and they will be thrust upon in any manner! They must be prepared for it!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta