Author Topic: my musings  (Read 162185 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
Dear Atmavichar,
 :D

Our Swami Udai is seeing himself in the list. That is tge point !

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2013, 02:26:41 PM »
and as regards Aurobindo ... he being not liberated, he does not belong to the list anyways.

But Aurobindo never claimed to be part of any list . He had his own independent approach and we have to see him in that respect only .

Why should we even "see" him in any respect ?
he said something ... and that is filled with lot of superstitious ideas !
why can we not reject whats superstitious ... is it coz it comes from a person who is respected by many as a yogi ?

Then what respect you should be seen for all your nonsensical outbursts ?

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:46 PM »
Yes thats more or less it. Thats my way too.
BTW , that Shankara Bhasyam book , is a good one.

I like Shankara Bhashya and right now following only Shankara's Interpretation of the Bhagawad Gita and Other texts ( like Vishnu Shasranama ) .It is not that I am against Ramanuja , Madhawa schools etc . I can follow only one Sampradaya and I doubt whether one life time is enough to digest the works of one Achraya of a particular Sampradaya and that is why I just stick to Acharya Shankara Works  as explained by Swami Paramarthananda   and after I have progressed with that and have got all my doubts cleared I intend to study Bhagwan Ramana's works seriously .
But I do read at times Aurobindo's works and also some Vaishnava Teachers like Vellukudi Krishnan , Mukkur Narasimha Chariar, Modern teachers JK ,Osho  , Buddhism , Rationalism , Atheism etc but I do not compare it with  Shankara's view . There is no necessity for me .I just love the diversity of the way each great teacher / thinker views the world / reality and enjoy reading the same .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
Adi Shankara's name - satyanaash :D

GovindA GOvindA!

:o

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 25, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 27, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »
The Tongue suddenly felt extremely grateful for Teeth, and said to it, that i was so very grateful for Teeth because, it is a great Karma Yogi,  and it is always working, grinding what ever we eat and because of which the Tongue is able to taste the Rasa of various tasty foods. The Tongue felt very grateful for Teeth and wanted to do something for Teeth and then praised Teeth as a great Karma Yogi and asked it what it could do to it to to make it happy. The Teeth said, Karma Yogi etc.. is all ok, i am happy you want to do something for me. My only request to you is that you always take care of your tongue carefully, because, for what ever you speak, and if it ends up being controversial, everybody only come and shout and threaten as follows: "Palla odachuduven" "I will break your teeth" you see, for what you do, i am having to receive all threats and my life becomes danger, hence i request you to be careful while you speak. The Tongue was pleasantly amused and shameful and realised the essence.

:D

--
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:02:36 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 27, 2013, 05:41:57 PM »
பரமசிவன் கழுத்திலிருந்து பாம்பு கேட்டது
கருடா சௌக்யமா
யாரும் இருக்குமிடத்தில் இருந்து கொண்டால்
எல்லாம் சௌக்யமே கருடன் சொன்னது
அதில் அர்த்தம் உள்ளது!

paramasivan kalzhuthil irundhu paambu kaettadhu, garuda sowkyama,
yaarum irukum idathil irundhukondal ellam sowkyame,
garudan sonnathu, adhil artham ullathu,
From the neck of Lord Shiva, the snake asked the eagle “are you doing fine?”.

(Lord Shiva’s neck is adorned with a snake, here the snake is in a safe place (Shiva’s neck) and is questioning (in a teasing tone) the eagle (traditionally, its arch enemy) about its well-being)

The eagle replies, “If everyone stays in their designated (rightful) place, then everything will be fine”, there is a (deeper) meaning in what the eagle said.

(Kannadasan)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2013, 08:47:15 PM »
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."

Buddha
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
my musings - The Secret of Nishkamya Karma
« Reply #518 on: April 17, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
Stray Thoughts...

The Secret of Nishkamya Karma or Desireless Actions

When we truly realise that absolutely there is nothing to be claimed by us as our own, how can a desire spring in ones actions? When this is discerned with absolute conviction, we realise that even the Punya that we are said to acquire by good deeds also do not belong to us, how can we claim anything as our own?

This flashed to me, a secret revelation, from within, the secret of Nishkamya Karma.

Automatically, unnecessary actions reduce, as the doer dies, as it realise nothing is there to be claimed, it ceases to exert itself thereafter, thus only we are made to engage in those actions that require our exertion or can we say, require the exertion of the body. It is Prakruti or Nature.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Choice: my musings
« Reply #519 on: April 18, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »
Stray thoughts..

Choice

We have two choices -

we can either chose to see the 'other' as the Supreme God or Supreme Self or ourselves or
we can chose to see the 'other' as ordinary (human) beings.

We are/become what we see!

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: April 22, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »
"A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone." 

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 24, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
Stray thoughts...

We loose ourselves in order to enjoy the pain of separation.

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:03 PM »
Don’t be stuck with words. Your worries are words. Your ideas are words. Wisdom is beyond words. It is your very Being; the essence of all words. See and relate beyond words. Then there is no lie in your life.

If you manipulate words, it is a lie;
If you play on words, it is a joke;
If you rely on words, it is ignorance;
If you transcend words, it is wisdom.

Sri Sri Sri Ravishankar

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2013, 10:16:56 AM »
The Buddha once summarised his entire teachings in one sentence:

"I teach about suffering and the way to end it".

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 27, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
The minute you learn to respect and see both sides of the coin as equally good, you can enjoy both. You never hate anything. It is only a matter of your understanding and acceptance. Then you enjoy everything in life. Everything! There is nothing that is terrible, bad or negative in this life.

Let us have that light of understanding. Accept things as they are, people as they are. Don't demand anything. Don't put conditions: "Only when you do this does it prove that you love me." Rise above all this. Our attitude, our approach, our love should be unconditional. Simply accept people for what they are, as they are. Learn to love everyone and everyone will love you, no doubt. Then, life is worth living. The world becomes a heaven on earth for you.

When we stop expecting people to be perfect, we can like them for who they are.

(misc. Multiple sources)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta