Author Topic: my musings  (Read 186955 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #495 on: March 20, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »
I just remembered an uncident in bhagavans life. Somebody had written a book on bhagavans life which carried absolutely incorrect informations on bhagavans life which mentioned that bhagawan was married went through gruhasta ashrama etc... Had children n then reakused n came to tiruannamalai... Etc...

That persob showed a draft copy to bhagavan and hhagawan v patiently read the whole book n made jyst one correction gruhastha had small ta and ye corrected that alone by making it nahapraba and gave it to that person to proceed ti publush.

Kunju swami happened to see that book from that oerson and was shocked and came running to bhagawan telling him enna bhagawane thappu thappa ezhudurka.. Meaning the book has all possible wrong information to which bhagawan replied enna kunju... What kunju is that alone wrong ? What about all these then ?

I think i learnt an imp lesson now.

Thanks to bhagavan... For being my remembrance of this story...

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 20, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »
Saint Tayumanavar - kal Alin  (Stone Banyan Tree)

வேறுபடுஞ் சமயமெல்லாம் புகுந்து பார்க்கின்
      விளங்குபரம் பொருளேநின் விளையாட் டல்லால்
மாறுபடுங் கருத்தில்லை முடிவில் மோன
      வாரிதியில் நதித்திரள்போல் வயங்கிற் றம்மா. 25.

If one investigates into all differing religions, O the Supreme Substance, it is all your sports and there is no
differing opinions in the essence. All religions like rivers merge into you, the great Ocean!

Arunachala Siva,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:45 PM »
Dear Sir,

without this root, no jnana can stand or shine. This is the absolute substratum of all

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 20, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
Can there be any time frame for sravana manana nidhidhtasana ? Which ought to be practiced fir some time? I believe time concept is myth. All of these may transpire in just a flup second or may even take several lives. In bhagawans case it was just 15 minutes.

Moreover sravana manana nidhidhyasa are just terms given. Does the true sadhaka who is thoroughly immersed in god or jnana vichara have any conscience to see that ah ! Yes niw am doing sravana ah ! Now am doing manana ah! Now am doibg nidhidhyasa...

The entire thing is about the annihilation of the doer! When one is immeresed in hus quest what matter in terms and definitions?

Sheer dedication or shraddha or bhakti is what is attributed to such sadhaja immersed in god or jnana.

All these are jyst terms
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 20, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Sri Bhagavan has said that the self inquiry itself contains sravana, manana and nidihdhysana. See Sadhu Om's Path of Ramana,
where this has been  clarified. Sri Bhagavan did not ignore the conventional steps. 

Again as regards nayana diksha, Karuna Kataksham,   Sri Sankara has mentioned this in Viveka  Chudamani.

Arunachala Siva. 

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 20, 2013, 07:09:24 PM »
Dear Sir

Here us that verse 35, am just providing englush translation now as i dnt gave comp access and am writing through mobile.

Master, O friend of all who reverently surrender unto thee, thou ocean of mercy, I salute thee; save me, fallen as I am into this sea of worldly existence, with a direct glance from thy eyes which shower nectarine Grace Supreme

--

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
stray thoughts...

just look around, every thing/body is leaving and slowly going away, for ever, leaving only memories, and never to come back...

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2013, 04:57:05 PM »
“An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”

MK Gandhi

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Yes. One blind Muslim boy had come all the way from Karachi to meet Sri Bhagavan. He stayed in His Presence for some days.
He had studied only Who am I? in braille language.  When the Asramam offered him  some other books, he declined it saying
that Who am I? alone would do for his life's practice of self inquiry!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2013, 07:24:57 PM »
stray thoughts...

abstract irrelevant one, just for self...

Triple action roles!  :)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
The Upaniṣhad is an authority, and it tells us that It did not wish to be alone. "Let me be many and see Myself as the variety of things." In order to become the many, It became two, first. Then, perhaps, the two became four, four became eight, eight became sixteen, and thirty-two and millions and millions; an infinite variety, uncountable, innumerable in quantity and quality. How did He become two in the beginning? He became two with a severe impulse which is the subject of the chant in famous hymn of the Ṛg-Veda known as the Nāsadīya-Sūkta, the hymn of creation.

(Swami Krishnananda)

--
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2013, 07:51:21 PM »
The Upaniṣhad is an authority, and it tells us that It did not wish to be alone. "Let me be many and see Myself as the variety of things." In order to become the many, It became two, first. Then, perhaps, the two became four, four became eight, eight became sixteen, and thirty-two and millions and millions; an infinite variety, uncountable, innumerable in quantity and quality. How did He become two in the beginning? He became two with a severe impulse which is the subject of the chant in famous hymn of the Ṛg-Veda known as the Nāsadīya-Sūkta, the hymn of creation.

(Swami Krishnananda)

--

Very true - I always wonder at the inherent nature of my brain. Anything it touches it splits into N other things to be known. It touched water and split it into H2O - now I have 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen. I touch hydrogen / oxygent, it splits to atoms. I touch their atoms - it splits to electrons and protons and so on and so on... It never ceases to split things. The plays of Mother Maya !!!!

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 22, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
The most striking aspect of Great Masters is their humility and everything else follows only after - their sayings, teachings, truth, jnana, etc...

The first thing to imbibe watching Great Masters, Sri Shankara, Sri Ramana, Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Kanchi Paramacharya, Sri Aurobindo, Sri Annamalai Swami, Shirdi Sai Baba, and so many others, is their Humility.

For many sincere devotees, did not even bother about their liberation, emancipation, they were immersed in their own song of humble service to the Lotus divine feet of their Master.

Seeking Humility is the highest wisdom. This is the backbone of Vaidika Samskara, the in-all essence of Guru-Shishya sampradaaya.

--
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:32:12 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 22, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »
and as regards Aurobindo ... he being not liberated, he does not belong to the list anyways.

But Aurobindo never claimed to be part of any list . He had his own independent approach and we have to see him in that respect only .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 22, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »
Why should we even "see" him in any respect ?
he said something ... and that is filled with lot of superstitious ideas !
why can we not reject whats superstitious ... is it coz it comes from a person who is respected by many as a yogi ?

No compulsions for anyone to see him /accept him . Look at him the way u look at Ramanuja , Madhava etc who had their own approach . That's it .
Today after a long gap I went to the Ramakrishna Book Shop in Chennai and went to the Bhagwad Gita section and got the Bhagwad Gita - Shankara Bhashya book . Next to it on the book shelf was Bhagwad Gita - Ramanuja Bhashya . I choose the Shankara Bhashya and never even glanced through the Ramanuja Bhashya and came out paying the bill but I cant say to the bookshop Guy not to keep the Ramanuja Bhashya as it is wrong  and only Shankara Bhashya has to be kept as it is the only right version of Gita  :)
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha