Author Topic: my musings  (Read 151898 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
now, here, without the words, without the following, erasing the following, what is?

Enlightenment
Jnana
Bhakti
Advaita
Dvaita,
Silence
Mouna
Samadhi
Heaven
God
Blank
Void
Summa iru
All is one and same
Nothing is
Everything is
What is
That
Just be
We are already thay
We are not yet that
All gurus
and others.

What will "you" and "i" talk, communicate about?
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 11, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »
True,nothing,silence... Here,now...

Indeed,long is the list.
You are That.
You are Ego.
There is no Ego.
All is That.
All is mind only.
There is no such thing like mind.
You experience it all the time.
It cannot be experienced.
You are Free.
You are in illusion.
There is no such thing like illusion.

What is same in all states? Deep sleep and walking. ::)
Cut off Your head,and Who are You then!? ::) 
Well,this was just ironic joke. Head is ego only.  :)

For Whom are all these questions?
Leave it,and what is left?....

Uh! >:( or :o....

:)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:04:14 AM by Jewell »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2013, 03:29:37 PM »
some more nice ones, you have added Sri Jewel :)

so true!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »
Perhaps, one of the greatest 'thing' (don't know what word to use) to face upfront is the truth of alonenes. Some times, you fwel there is just you, as witness consciousness, none other, some times it feels from within, how unfortunate that there is truly only Self and no God, it is conveyed so very sensitively, that only 'you' are. The pure 'I'. I am sure this fear or the last thing may be found deep within ones heart, the questions which we avoid.

God is there
Only Brahman is truth
There is no God
'i' am the basis of all.

The whole fact is that i know not a thing, though thete seems plenty of knowing.

Spirituality is the only treasure which takes away the only thing that you seem to have, your mind. What is left theteafter? What matters if there is God, no God, or brahman or conscipusneds, what is it to me who am stolen of my only possession my ego, by which i was living decently, thou have consumed me, bit you have left something that is unconsumable, undestroyable, it is that aloneness, am 'i   or are ' you' ?

Oh why is this been left out unconsumed? Have thou become filled already? How can you consume a part of yourself that is left unconsimed. What more now? You have robbed me my ego, my world, my life, my possessions, my everything. Thou have made me a begger who cant even beg, as that begger also thou have consumed.

Thou has stumped me all out!!!!!

ॐ

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »
The journey will continue, at some point, all alone, but with faith that He is there, which we can not know.you will remain awake when all sleep.

I realise that you get powers, ver scarry, whatever you will or wish begin to happen, people change for the good and leave you shell shocked, what you really desire begin to manifest. Its scarry. You no lnger are at ease like before, you no longer wish unnecessarily. Truth manifests as you wish it to be,

God is, if you see God
No God, if you see no God
You alone are, of you see you alone
You are nought, if you see you are nought

Everything is truth, and true.

ॐ
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:47 PM »
Friends, am not making any point here, i am just, simply expressing.
Thank you

ॐ
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2013, 11:28:40 PM »
Beautiful expressions,dear Sri Nagaraj. I find them very reasonable and true...

Indeed,somehow scary,and strange,but then,not really.

Just beautiful.

With love and prayers,

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 17, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »
Vasanas

Why one is unable to over come the vasanas, it is because, deeply from within, if we carefully enquire, we will see that we want to enjoy the residence in this body, the annihilation of vasanas that we talk about is only imposed by the knowledge received by ones spiritual influence.

One contradicts oneself badly when this is the case, that deep within one wants to enjoy the joys of life, the joys of a human body, but imposes upon oneself the message of spirituality.

When one is unable to discern this truth, one struggles!

Bhagavan said the only way to overcome Vasanas is go deep within to the source and then root it out completely. Certain Vasanas are relatively easier to discern, take for instance Anger, when we look within deeply, we realise that anger actually originates from insecurity, of losing something that is perceived as of oneself's. When it is discerned that one truly possesses nothing, and therefore truly one has got nothing to lose, or gain, the anger is cooled. Also, in the process, it will be discerned that the anger expressed actually has its effect more one oneself, one will certainly feel guilty on its aftermath, on the other hand, it will cause deep pain to see the other cry as a result of outburst of our anger, and so on, discerning all these, the anger is thoroughly rooted by careful and steadfast enquiry.

Similarly all vasanas ought to be discerned out thoroughly. But, not all vasanas are easy to discern, such as anger, emotions and so on. Take for instance the vasanas of lust are not easily discernable, it requires tapas, long and very steadfast enquiry and trace back the source, discerning it completely in the same spirit of anger as given above, only will root out the vasanas.

If one is stuck, unable to proceed, when there is no 'know-how' one has to remain patient and wait for the grace of God to descend, where He will provide light at the right and appropriate time, then the 'know-how' to proceed further in enquiry matures and one will be able to over come from the strangle hold of Vasanas.

Prayer is the medium to receive the grace of God, the guidance, the light.

Self Enquiry too, stops where there is no more 'no-how' to proceed from a certain point, we are left helpless, here, until the tapas matures one has to await the grace of God, the guidance from unknown source, this light may be shown by any medium, through a beggar in the street, through an enemy, through an insentient being, through the nature, through an unbelievable source, one has to be alive and alert to take the ambrosia of nectarine knowledge when it is being given by the Lord.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:51 PM »
Stray Thoughts...

Faith in Guru increases as the dependence on the Guru reduces.

True knowing is really not knowing.

New found clarity does not last for ever.

Unknown is truly the only known.

Parents are truly the only Pratyaksha Deva (Visible God)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Too many cooks spoil the broth
« Reply #444 on: January 19, 2013, 10:47:35 AM »
All methods and paths are correct, but it is very very important to stick to one method persistently, and not mix up one method with another. That is, if one is inclined in Atma Vichara, one should stick to it persistently, if we mix up other methods with this, then our tapas gets contaminated and very many questions begin to spring and the answers we mostly arrive then will be of across paths, thereby only creating confusion, stranded, neither here nor there.

Similarly, if one is into the path of devotion, if one is in path of ritual worship, if one is in path of communion through karma, one should not deviate from it. All solutions or answers are available within ones own path, there fore it is very very important to stick to one path. What we do is while we follow one path, and if we have questions and if we do not immediately get any light from ones path, we look for answers from other paths, and when that brings light, we begin yet again another new path, and when we get stuck there, we look for answers in another path, and so on. The wisdom to is to stick to ones own path even if one does not get any answers trusting that there must be a reason for not getting any answer at that moment and wait patiently.

We have to be clear with the path, we are really inclined to, and chose putting all the burden on the God. However having said this, this path is purely internal, ones external actions do not contradict ones actions, that is, one should not let ones path affect ones routine. Say, for instance, if one chooses Atma Vichara, it does not mean that one stop ones daily routines puja or other devotaional karmas, etc... and vice verse.

It is the most important thing a serious spiritual Sadhaka must be clear with ones path.

If If is inclined with Atma Vichara, one should stick with just one source, Ramana Maharshi and even among many books, it is best if one narrows down to just Who Am I book alone for guidance, if, however, if we, out of our inquisitiveness, look around and explore other scriptires such as Tripura Rahasya and Ashtavakra Gita and Bhagavad Gita, or bring in the views of Sri Ramakrishna or Swami Sivananda, one may end up getting contradicting views Or if one sticks to Buddha, we should not mix up Shankara or Ramana or Ramakrishna with this path. If we stick with Nisargadatta Maharaj, we must be steadfast with only trusting one Guru, one line of thought and only one line of Sadhana, by this focus is natural.

Too many cooks spoil the broth

This does not mean one is right and the other is wrong, but simple, we should not mingle and mix up two different paths.

If one is inclined with Ashtavakra Gita, one must stick to just that alone, all answers and solutions will be got from that itself, similarly, if we are inclined with Sri Ramakrishnar, it is best we stick to that alone, all answers and solutions will be got from that itself. Or if we are inclined with Tamil scriptures, we must stick to that alone, even under them narrow down to only one either Tirumoolar or Thayumanavr or manickavachakar, mixing up all only adds confusion.

But, the most important of them all, is the path that we must chose. How do we chose which is the right path for me. Most of us have deviated from the original inspiration, if we trace back to when our spiritual journey began, we can remember where we got pulled to, that is the path that we started off, and since we have deviated a lot since then, we have lost the grip of our path.

Thank so much,

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:51:55 AM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 19, 2013, 11:01:14 AM »
Udai,

It is true the end goal is just one and the same, moksha or vaikunta or kingdom of heaven or self abidance and so on, and as said techniques may also be different, each person may follows any technique, but for each of those persons, it is wise to stick steadfastly to one technique alone.

Even among various Ramama books, it is wise to narrow down to just one book, for personal guidance.

Having a clear conscience in which path one is, it is also wise to seek guidance from that path itself.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Song of Krishna
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2013, 07:47:45 PM »
Friends,

Just uploaded a small video on Gita.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db6mL72nC8A

Thank you,

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
Thanks udai :) yes, that is my channel

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »
Stray thoughts...

It is truly amazing, that there is air around us and that we are breathing...

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Stray Thoughts...

One needs life's experiences so long one truly gets true understanding. Only when one has gained [dawned] steady knowledge of [yathaartham] reality, one can can truly engage in the sadhana of [becoming] the [understanding].

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta