Author Topic: my musings  (Read 116817 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
Dear Jewel,

Like one wise man said me once,The one who is searching,is the one who is sought for.

Sri Bhagavan says: That which makes the enquiry is the ego. The `I' about which the enquiry is made is also the ego. As the result of the enquiry the ego ceases to exist and only the Self is found to exist.

That which seems ignorant is also the same Self, that which attains clarity is also the same Self. That which manifests as ignorance and knowledge is also the same Chaitanya.

The Self may manifest as the Ego, mind, and play games, but it cannot be vice-verse - the Ego posing as Self. Without attainment of clarity, samsara can never be crossed. Therefore, once properly one has to engage all his heart mind and soul in what ever sadhana one may be doing, be it Vichara, Bhakti or Yoga.

Our attitude should go beyond just doing things for the sake, mechanically, one should have intense-intense desire. Only then Miracles happen. There if no point is crying nothing is happening.

If the disciple comes with a cup he will only get a cupful. It is no use complaining of the niggardliness of the ocean; the bigger the vessel the more he will be able to carry. It is entirely up to him.

We have to simply jump into what we are doing so intensely that we don't even turn back and have time to see how we are doing and evaluate things!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
Dear Nagaraj, Dont You think that the quote can mean also in that way like You said:" That which seems ignorant is also the same Self,that which attains clarity is also the same Self."? That same knowledge can be only intelectual,so where is the place,or no place,for ego then? It need to down,to setles,because there must be constant experience,feeling,that one is not the body. It is very dangerous place to be,without it. Can You tell me who write the last post? From what stand poind You wrote it? Which intelect that is?

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
Dear Jewel,

Does it matter really? what stand point i say? what matters is ones personal experience to the truth, One will know very well from his heart of hearts that what he reads is Truth or not, it will strike a chord in the deep realms of ones heart. Ones own Self is ones guide.

Only oneself can know. The one question that is very tough to win over is this -

How do i know, that i really know? because, this question has lot of twists, firstly, it will dawn to such a one that such a question arises only from ego, mind, and it will again dawn that why is there a need to know that i know? Do i have to know? How can i know if i am not deluding myself? how can i know if i am not under the sway of intellectual garb?

When one really knows, such questions will not affect the one, he will be so clear, that such question will never have a place to even stand before the fire of that light. Where can be a place for doubt before perfect clarity.

So Jewel, this is very personal query, and only oneself can find out oneself. It ultimately depends of the ripeness of the one and also depends on personal honesty to oneself.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
Dear Nagaraj, I agree with all what You said in Your last post. Truly agree. Thats whay i raised that question in the first place. We can have intelectual understanding of it,but to "know" that in the reals sense,we must be constantly in that non intentification state. That is the way i understand it. So,everything which You said before,is also the truth,only something missing,and that cannot be analised anymore,but felt,realised. I dont know,maybe this which i say can prove to be nonsence later,i will see. But,i just wanted to say that we are talking about the same thing. Still ego talking,in my case.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 09:01:22 PM »
Also,dear Nagaraj, I didnt want to,by any means,raise any doubt,or something like that. You know what You know,and listen Your Heart only. I just realised that we all have some understanding,and we talk one with another stubborny holding on our views. That,sure,doasnt mean You are not right,i say that from my stand point. But,it helps,so my understanding,no harm. Wish You the Very Best!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 09:24:11 PM »
Dear jewel,

I hope i have not in any way mis-communicated anything in my post. i never expressed anything in a way that could least create any hard feelings in any manner. i have tried to express in most honest way, and what you express and what i express, both holds good for me as well as much.

i believe, it is nothing about right or wrong, what is important beneath all these is if it is held and supported by Bhakti, love of God. Without this, everything is worthless. Any day, i would still opt to be just an ignorant servant in the holy feet of Bhagavan, over even salvation. Perhaps, i some times contemplate that it is a blessing in disguise to even retain ego, without which you will not get an opportunity to fall flat to the holy feet of Bhagavan.

It is the feeling of gratitude to have come in contact with the great Master that is supreme bliss over anything else. Nothing more is really required, this is all His divine play. What matters, if things are right or wrong? true or false, real or unreal, ignorant or worthy? Can all these better the glance of the Guru? Even the scoldings/admonishing to our ignorance of the Guru is so sweet.

If there is a choice to become a jnani or a Chela (Servant or Attendant) to my Guru, the latter is definitely more inviting than the former to me.

Prostrations to Bhagavan

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 09:48:39 PM »
Dear jewel,

I hope i have not in any way mis-communicated anything in my post. i never expressed anything in a way that could least create any hard feelings in any manner. i have tried to express in most honest way, and what you express and what i express, both holds good for me as well as much.

i believe, it is nothing about right or wrong, what is important beneath all these is if it is held and supported by Bhakti, love of God. Without this, everything is worthless. Any day, i would still opt to be just an ignorant servant in the holy feet of Bhagavan, over even salvation. Perhaps, i some times contemplate that it is a blessing in disguise to even retain ego, without which you will not get an opportunity to fall flat to the holy feet of Bhagavan.

It is the feeling of gratitude to have come in contact with the great Master that is supreme bliss over anything else. Nothing more is really required, this is all His divine play. What matters, if things are right or wrong? true or false, real or unreal, ignorant or worthy? Can all these better the glance of the Guru? Even the scoldings/admonishing to our ignorance of the Guru is so sweet.

If there is a choice to become a jnani or a Chela (Servant or Attendant) to my Guru, the latter is definitely more inviting than the former to me.

Prostrations to Bhagavan

No hard feelings,dear Nagaraj,not at all. In essence,i can only be annoyed for the time being,but that goes very quickly. Not because i am wise or anything,but thats the way i am. And,the truth is that i realised,with your answer,that i am still,even with some understanding,groping in the dark. All that is very tricky,for now. Thats way i said it need to settles,and i feel that there is something more. I will see what,and whay i think that in the first place.
I only wanted to make You realise one thing. Like You said for Yourself,You Yourself only knows,then You cannot know what i know for myself. Only that. And,it is good that this is happening,for me,because i cant fly to hi,and be in some sort of delusion.(i think that for myself) Like You said,All this doasnt have real importance. Earnestness and sincerity is all that matters,nothing else.

And i want to say one time more,that there is REALLY no hard feelings,and never will be!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:52:00 PM by Jewell »

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »
Dear Jewel, my friend, what can i say. am just unable to express more than the picture below:

i have wondered o many times before, the first verse from the 40 verses in Praise of Sri Ramana, which goes as follows (below) is full of ego, i used to wonder how did Sri Bhagavan sanction this verse composed by Sri Vasishta Ganapati Muni. As this verse would be chanted by thousands, in the days to come, i used to feel very guilty before to even chant this verse that dares to express that I bow to the lotus feet of the spiritual teacher, Rishi Sri Ramana, who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness. How could i go about praying to Sri Bhagavan and sing praises him and express at the same time as "who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness." i used to go in guilt trips, feeling so uneasy to even sing that second line, the tongue would even resist to dare to even utter such a prayer, because, it felt, without retaining ego, one can never sing, He showed me the Lord, Shining, transcending darkness. But Later, slowly, it came to dawn, that Sri Bhagavan has sanctioned this verse, and, it is out of great gratitude that one sings what is conveyed in the verse. What is required is to never forget that gratitude.

vande shri ramaNarSher aacaaryasya padaabjam |
yo me'darshayadiisham bhaantaM dvaantamatiitya ||

vande - I bow,
sri ramanarser - of Rishi Sri Ramana ,
acharyasya - of the spiritual teacher,
padabjam - lotus feet,
yah- who,
me - me,
adarsayad - showed,
isam - Lord,
bhantam - shining,
dhvantam - darkness,
atitya - transcending

I bow to the lotus feet of the spiritual teacher, Rishi Sri Ramana,
who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness.

The very first thing that i happened to read today morning is the following verse from Guru Ramana Vachana Mala, 96:

Being himself exactly the Supreme Being, but thinking himself to be separate from Him, (man) strives to become united to Him; what is there stranger than this?

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
highly eliminated
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2012, 10:55:12 AM »
A student asked his teacher, are you enlightened? the terrific teacher that he was, gave the perfect reply to this very question:

No sir!, replied the venerable master,
I am not enlightened.

But I am highly eliminated!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2012, 11:35:13 AM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Or rather,

I am highly alienated!

Arunachala Siva.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Retribution
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 05:22:10 PM »
Justice is not postponed. A perfect equity adjusts its balance in all parts of life. Oi chusoi Dios aei enpiptousi, -- The dice of God are always loaded. The world looks like a multiplication-table, or a mathematical equation, which, turn it how you will, balances itself. Take what figure you will, its exact value, nor more nor less, still returns to you. Every secret is told, every crime is punished, every virtue rewarded, every wrong redressed, in silence and certainty. What we call retribution is the universal necessity by which the whole appears wherever a part appears. If you see smoke, there must be fire. If you see a hand or a limb, you know that the trunk to which it belongs is there behind.

Ralph Waldo Emerson - "Compensations"

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
disinterestedness
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »
ಗೌರವಿಸು ಜೀವನವ, ಗೌರವಿಸು ಚೇತನವ ।
ಆರದೋ ಜಗವೆಂದು ಭೇದವೆಣಿಸದಿರು ॥
ಹೋರುವುದೆ ಜೀವನಸಮೃದ್ಧಿಗೋಸುಗ ನಿನಗೆ ।
ದಾರಿಯಾತ್ಮೊನ್ನತಿಗೆ – ಮಂಕುತಿಮ್ಮ ॥ ೪೭೫ ॥

gouravisu jIvanava, gouravisu chEtanava ।
Arado jagavendu bhedaveNisadiru ॥
hOruvude jIvana samRuddhigOsuga ninage ।
dAri AtmOnnatige – Mankutimma ॥ 475 ॥

“Respect life, respect the Chaitanya that is the source of all.
Don’t be disinterested in this world assuming someone else is running it.
Putting in hard work is the only path towards prosperity.
It is also the path towards enrichment of your soul.” – Mankutimma

(DV Gundappa)

Life has become a torture chamber, a concentration camp; it is no more a celebration. It should be a celebration. If nature is allowed to take its own course, it is bound to be a celebration.

(Anonymous quote)
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Tomorrow
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2012, 08:21:53 PM »
It was a fine morning, and Yudhishtira, the eldest of the Pandavas, was sitting on the verandah of his house when a beggar came asking for alsm. Yudhishtira told him that since he was busy the beggar should visit him the following day. And the beggar went away. Bhima, one of Yudhishtira's brother, heard him say this. He quickly picked up a drum and ran shouting to the village. Yudhishtira was surprised to see him do this and asked "What is the matter with you?"

Bhima said, "I am going to inform the village that my brother has conquered time, because he has made a promise for tomorrow. I really did not know you had become master of time, but your promise to the beggar tells me so. Are you sure you will live tomorrow? Ar you sure this beggar will live tomorrow? Do you know for sure that tomorrow you will be in a charitable mood and give alms to the beggar? And do you know that you and the beggar will see each other again tomorrow? It seems you have conquered time and I should tell the village about this great event. And I am in a hurry, I don't want to delay, becauseI am not sure that if i miss this hour I will have it again."

Yudhishtira then said to Bhima, "Wait a moment; i made a mistake. he alone can make such a promise who has attained to supreme freedom. Call the beggar back so I can give him something right now. Tomorrow is really unknown."

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »
Dear Jewel, my friend, what can i say. am just unable to express more than the picture below:

i have wondered o many times before, the first verse from the 40 verses in Praise of Sri Ramana, which goes as follows (below) is full of ego, i used to wonder how did Sri Bhagavan sanction this verse composed by Sri Vasishta Ganapati Muni. As this verse would be chanted by thousands, in the days to come, i used to feel very guilty before to even chant this verse that dares to express that I bow to the lotus feet of the spiritual teacher, Rishi Sri Ramana, who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness. How could i go about praying to Sri Bhagavan and sing praises him and express at the same time as "who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness." i used to go in guilt trips, feeling so uneasy to even sing that second line, the tongue would even resist to dare to even utter such a prayer, because, it felt, without retaining ego, one can never sing, He showed me the Lord, Shining, transcending darkness. But Later, slowly, it came to dawn, that Sri Bhagavan has sanctioned this verse, and, it is out of great gratitude that one sings what is conveyed in the verse. What is required is to never forget that gratitude.

vande shri ramaNarSher aacaaryasya padaabjam |
yo me'darshayadiisham bhaantaM dvaantamatiitya ||

vande - I bow,
sri ramanarser - of Rishi Sri Ramana ,
acharyasya - of the spiritual teacher,
padabjam - lotus feet,
yah- who,
me - me,
adarsayad - showed,
isam - Lord,
bhantam - shining,
dhvantam - darkness,
atitya - transcending

I bow to the lotus feet of the spiritual teacher, Rishi Sri Ramana,
who showed me the Lord, shining, transcending darkness.

The very first thing that i happened to read today morning is the following verse from Guru Ramana Vachana Mala, 96:

Being himself exactly the Supreme Being, but thinking himself to be separate from Him, (man) strives to become united to Him; what is there stranger than this?

Dear Nagaraj,

You could not say anything better than this,then putting the picture of Bhagavan Ramana. It gives me such a joy whenever i see Him. Like there is some silent conversation going on,like He is my closest,my dearest Friend,Teacher and Father. When the True Love is there,there will be the graditude as well.
That last sentence which You wrote is something beautiful,coz we talked just about that yesterday. To me,many times happened that i have some question,or some thoughts,and the first thing i read,is exactly answer on it. I look on that like some sort of my conversation with Him.

Indeed,what is more strange than that.. The Absolute,wearing so many masks,is in search of Him self. When i think about that,knowing that All is That,such a play it is! And very complex and colorful too. What kind of potential than It have!!! I cannot even imagine.........

And, just want to say something more,regarding Your post Tomorrow. Truly,there is no tomorrow,only this moment is that what is important. What ever we do. Tomorrow may never come,and even if it comes,it is not the same moment,everything changes with every moment in this world,we change. So,everything we need to do,now is the perfect time.

Wish You All the best,my dear friend trough Bhagavan!

Nagaraj

• View Profile
prayer
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »
'O Mother! O Blissful One! Reveal Thyself to me. Thou must!' Again, I would say to Her: 'O Lord of the lowly! O Lord of the universe! Surely I am not outside Thy universe. I am bereft of knowledge. I am without discipline. I have no devotion. I know nothing. Thou must be gracious and reveal Thyself to me.'

(Prayer as taught by Sri Ramakrshna)

They say Bhagavan is Deena Bandhu, meaning, friend of the poor, they say, deena bandhu means, God is the friend of those who are poor, yes, he is, but i felt, Deena or the poor are the ones like us, who have all the qualities that are in contrast to that of the ideal, one is expected to be. We need not feel painful about the bad qualities that lie hidden only to the Selves. Seek the help of the friend, who is hailed as Deena Bandhu, He does not see the bad qualities in us, but he sees the love that we have within and lifts us up, up and so up, close to him, so close as there would be no difference there in.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta