Author Topic: my musings  (Read 123875 times)

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
Subramanian,
mAnikkavachakar's tiruvembAvai is indeed wonderful,as they express hymns of Peak devotion and jnAna.Yet AndAl's TiruppAvai is not just a வழிபாட்டு நூல்(Hymns) but also more imporatntly a வழிகாட்டு நூல்(Scripture)wherein AnDAL has clearly delineated the step by step method of Deliverance.This is the Reason that in the whole of Divya prabhandham(with 4000verses),it occupies a unique place and revered and accepted as such.
Master TGN with a penetrating insight brings out this aspect in his talks spread over 45 days:He has categorized and grouped the 30 verses as follows:
Verses 1-5:உய்வதற்கான மார்க்கம் (Path to Salvation)
Verses 6-15:உறங்கியது போதாதோ!(Emerge out of Slumber!)
verses 16-20:தட்டுங்கள் திறக்கப்படும் (Knock and it shall be Opened)
Verses 21-30:வேண்டியதைப் பெறலாம்(Achieve all your desires)

The 45 days Talk titles are quite descriptive and purposeful:1.AnDAl,Incarnation of Bhoodevi 2.Advent of ANDAL 3.ANDAL's Reign of Grace 4.ANDAL'S union with the supreme Being 5.calling all seekers(pOdhuminO ner izhiyeer) 6.calling all seekers continued(vaiyathu vaazhveergAL) 7.Way to liberation 8.way to liberation continued... 9.Meditation in Depth 10.Meditation in depth continued... 11.Social Capital 12.Release from Sin Imprints 13.Release from Sin Imprints continued... 14.Seed of Seeds 15.Seed of Seeds continued... 16.Why this slumber? 17.Dawn of Wisdom 18.Lord of Wondrous deeds 19.Rare receptacle(eRRa kalangaL) 20.Peacock and Rain Cloud 21.ceaseless stream of Milk 22.Give up artifice(கள்ளம் தவிர்ந்து) 23.Your own garden 24.count yourself 25.count yourself continued... 26.Knock and it shall be opened 27.charity unbounded 28.last of Doors 29.Not your nature 30.Fan and Mirror 31.Surrender to effulgence 32.Power from Eyes(Angan mA jnAlaththu arasey) 33.Lion Awakens 34.praise unto you 35.peace and happiness 36.prescribed by elders 37.Total serenity 38.Total serenity continued... 39.Total serenity continued... 40.Kinship indissoluble 41.Kinship indissoluble 42.Servitors forever 43.Servitors forever continued... 44.Servitors forever continued... 45.Happiness here and hereafter.

TGN has said that in these 30 verses ANDAL has given the approach,the method and tools ,and all that is needed for a seeker.He has wonderfully brought all these aspects and has invoked the Benign presence of ANDAL to guide the seeker through this wonderful poem that he spontaneously composed:

வளந்தரும் ஆற்றலாம் வானத்தின் நீலம்

அளப்பரிய ஆற்றலது ஆண்டாள்-களமமைத்து

ஆண்டகதை யான்சொல்ல ஆர்வமொடு தான்கேட்டோர்

ஈண்டடைவர் மெய்யாம் இனிமை.

The prowess it is that yields plenitude and prosperity

vast as the infinite blue as the sky-Such is Andal’s field of spiritual energy

and they who come to listen  to my account of her Reign of Grace

are assured of attaining to the sweetness of Unison with the Absolute

here in this world and in this very birth
 –– Sage TGN

Namaskar.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:49:04 PM by Ravi.N »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »
Sri Ravi

Where can I get Sage TGN's Andal Thiruppavai CD/BOOKs ? Few weeks back  You sent me a link to his site and there is his house address is given in Anna Nagar .Should I get it there or can I can it at other places in Chennai ?

Has he given a talk on Thiruvenbavai?

I intend to listen to learn and listen to both these during the Margazhi time .

Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2012, 03:04:31 PM »
Atmavichar,
Yes,you can buy them in that address.No,they will not be available at any other place.I need to inform you that you may find the CDs expensive.There is a valid reason why it is so.I suggest that you may visit the place one sunday and listen to the talk(Recorded)by TGN;you may also get to see him and hear his preamble.I think currently the talks on Tirukkural are on,and all are welcome.
I suggest that you listen to his talk and see if you are interested;He will speak quite fast and it may take a while to get tuned to him.This is deliberate on his part,and designed so that the mind of the listener is under pressure to listen more keenly and not go on its own errands!Once this is learned,it will be quite a purposeful sadhana.The Other thing that I need to inform you is that it will be more like a html type of a presentation,with many threads of thought and people who are used to a linear presentation may find it distracting  until they get used to it.
If you need it for listening,I will lend you my copy of AndAl's TiruppAvai.You may listen and return it to me.I lend it to others for listening.Master has permitted this,and at the same time it is expected that unauthorised copies are not made.This is purely a matter of self discipline.If you find it useful,then you may decide to buy it;then we would realize that all the money in this world is not enough to get this treasure!It is truly priceless.
Otherwise,if someone says that the set of CDs cost RS10,000 or so,one would be put off or wonder why it should be so expensive,etc.Then they will start doubting whether TGN is avaricious!He lives a simple life and is taken care of by two sisters who have dedicated themselves to this work and in his service.They are wonderful people.
You may contact me on this mail id:
niveditahr@rediffmail.com

Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2012, 03:08:54 PM »
Atmavichar,
TGN has not given any talk on TiruvempAvai.You may visit tgn foundation.org and have a look in the audio section to have a feel of TGN's range of Talks-truly universal and vast pallette.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2012, 03:12:01 PM »
Dear Ravi,

Thank for your explanation as between Tiruvembavai and Tiruppavai. Apart from what you have stated, Andal was herself a girl
and to seek Narayana as her husband (she did it in fact), Manikkavachagar was a male and bring about Nayaki - Nayaka bhavam
is more difficult for a male. You may say all jivas are females and God is the only male. (purushtottaman). But still on daily life,
I consider, it was a more difficult for a male devotee to pursue spiritual union with God treating Him as his (her) lover. This is more
evident in Tiru Chitrambala Kovaiyar. It is said about Sri Ramakrishna that when he had the bhava of Hanuman praying to Rama,
he had even a small tail grown on his back and when he prayed to God in Nayaki bhava, he had even mensuration.  I am not sure
these stories are true but I have heard them somewhere.

Arunachala Siva.         

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2012, 03:21:40 PM »
Yes,you can buy them in that address.No,they will not be available at any other place.I need to inform you that you may find the CDs expensive.There is a valid reason why it is so.I suggest that you may visit the place one sunday and listen to the talk(Recorded)by TGN;you may also get to see him and hear his preamble.I think currently the talks on Tirukkural are on,and all are welcome.
I suggest that you listen to his talk and see if you are interested;He will speak quite fast and it may take a while to get tuned to him.This is deliberate on his part,and designed so that the mind of the listener is under pressure to listen more keenly and not go on its own errands!Once this is learned,it will be quite a purposeful sadhana.The Other thing that I need to inform you is that it will be more like a html type of a presentation,with many threads of thought and people who are used to a linear presentation may find it distracting  until they get used to it.

If you need it for listening,I will lend you my copy of AndAl's TiruppAvai.You may listen and return it to me.I lend it to others for listening.Master has permitted this,and at the same time it is expected that unauthorised copies are not made.This is purely a matter of self discipline.If you find it useful,then you may decide to buy it;then we would realize that all the money in this world is not enough to get this treasure!It is truly priceless.

Otherwise,if someone says that the set of CDs cost RS10,000 or so,one would be put off or wonder why it should be so expensive,etc.Then they will start doubting whether TGN is avaricious!He lives a simple life and is taken care of by two sisters who have dedicated themselves to this work and in his service.They are wonderful people.

Sri Ravi,

This in essence is, all about initiation, the importance, the value is commitment. Otherwise, we not really care much if there is no fear, respect, discipline, responsibility to oneself. i (pray) hope to get opportunity to visit chennai soon, and desire to visit His place, Bhagavan willing!

Thanks for bringing in occasionally the wonderful insights of Master TGN, it is deeply penetrating!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2012, 03:34:12 PM »
Subramanian,
What you have heard about sri Ramakrishna is indeed true!
As for ANDAL,there is absolutely no nAyaki-nAyaka bhava in andAl's tiruppAvai.TGN clearly brings this aspect.It is only in nAchchiar tirumozhi that ANDAL expresses nayaka-nayaki bhava,and her varanam Ayiram is one of the very first dream sequences where she dreams that she is married to lord Ranga mannAr.
In TiruppAvai,she leads not just those ayarpAdi sirumigaL(girls),but calls upon the whole of humanity(vaiyaththu vaazhveergAl-and here TGN beautifully points out that this is a call that is timeless,it is meant for people in the past,present and all those to come in the Future as well).In TiruppAvai,ANDAL has ensured that her satsangha is available for all seekers.Truly a sublime and dazzling work,and TGN brings out so wonderfully how as a model teacher ANDAL carries everyone,be he a beginner or advanced aspirant,all together and inspires everyone that the Goal is within the reach of everyone and how not just the Goal but the path is sweet as well.She has so beautifully charted this out that she begins it by saying nei uNNOM pAl uNNOM(we will discard  pleasures that come through taste),myittu nAm mudiyOm(pleasures that come thgrough sight) and towards the end she is saying AADAI UDUPPOM(dress ourself),and Muzhangai vazhiyAAra ...unBOM(we shall eat and taste) that in the sense of Total freedom ,enjoy this Living here and hereafter.
Absolutely a charming journey, where the sou is wonderfully lead in a sweet and joyous way,l ends up revelling in parabhakti right here and now.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2012, 03:41:56 PM »
Nagaraj,
Quite true and you have simply understood the nature of discipline,as any genuine seeker would.I will be too happy to take you and introduce you to TGN.TGN is utterly simple and unassuming and does not expect or permit any formalities like namaskaram,garland,etc.He treats others as equal even though he should be in his late seventies.Truly a Great soul.
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2012, 07:13:38 PM »
Sri Ravi

Thanks for ur inputs . I have sent an email to you regarding the same .
Appreciate your efforts .

Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Touching Story!
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »
24 year Old boy seeing out from the Train's window

Shouted, "Dad, look the trees are going behind!".
Dad smiled and a young Couple sitting nearby, looked at the 24 year Old's Childish behavior with Pity.

Suddenly he again Exclaimed. "Dad look the clouds are running with Us!" .
The couple couldn't resist & said to the old Man. "why don't you take your Son to a good Doctor?"
The Old man smiled & Said "I did and we are just coming from the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today."

Every Single Person On The Planet Has a Story!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Limitless Beauty of God
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »
An old Hindi film song, poetry unmatched, the protagonist sings this poetic song to his beloved, which is as good as the Soundarya Lahari written by Adi Shankara on Goddess!

जीवन से भरी तेरी आँखें
मजबूर करे जीने के लिये
सागर भी तरसते रहते हैं
तेरे रूप का रस पीने के लिये
जीवन से भरी तेरी आँखें ...

तस्वीर बनाये क्या कोई
क्या कोई लिखे तुझपे कविता
रंगों छंदों में समाएगी
किस तरह से इतनी सुंदरता
एक धड़कन है तू दिल के लिये
एक जान है तू जीने के लिये

मधुबन कि सुगंध है साँसों में
बाहों में कंवल की कोमलता
किरणों का तेज है चेहरे पे
हिरनों की है तुझ में चंचलता
आंचल का तेरे एक तार बहुत
कोई छाक जिगर सीने के लिये

Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhen
Majboor Karen Jeene Ke Liye
Saagar Bhi Taraste Rehte Hain
Tere Hoth Ka Ras Peene Ke Liye

Tasveer Banaye Kya Koi
Kya Koi Likhe Tujh Pe Kavita
Rangon Chhandon Mein Samayegi
Kis Tarah Se Itni Sundarta
Ek Dhadkan Hai Tu Dil Ke Liye
Ek Jaan Hai Tu Jeene Ke Liye
Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhen...

Madhuban Ki Sugandh Hai Saanson Mein
Baahon Mein Kamal Ki Komalta
Kirnon Ka Tej Hai Chehre Pe
Hirnon Si Hai Tujh Mein Chanchalta
Aanchal Ka Tere Hai Saar Bahut
Koi Chaak Jigar Seene Ke Liye
Jeevan Se Bhari Teri Aankhen...

Your eyes, so full of life,
Force me to keep on living.
Even the seas are thirsting
To get a drink from (the essence) your form.

How can anyone paint your picture?
Or write a poem on you?
Colours and words are not enough,
To capture so much beauty.
You are the heart-beat for my heart.
You are the life that helps me live.

The scent of a blooming garden is in your breath,
The softness of lotuses is in your arms.
The brightness of sunrays on your face,
You are as graceful as the deer.
Your scarf has enough threads
to stitch up any torn heart.

(Shyamalal Babu Rai)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddXt2O9ivAU&feature=related

Click on the picture to make it big!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:00:53 PM by Nagaraj »
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
I will be too happy to take you and introduce you to TGN.TGN is utterly simple and unassuming and does not expect or permit any formalities like namaskaram,garland,etc.He treats others as equal even though he should be in his late seventies.Truly a Great soul.

Thank you Sri Ravi, :) Bhagavan willing...  would be very happy and glad to meet you as well!

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2012, 09:34:24 AM »
Friends,

" In your metaphysics you have denied personality to the Deity: yet when the devout motions of the soul come, yield to them heart and life, though they should clothe God with shape and color. Leave your theory, as Joseph his coat in the hand of the harlot, and flee."

Ralph Waldo Emerson in his essay,Self Reliance.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2012, 09:38:32 PM »
at some point we have to undress our mind, what cease drom worrying what others may think, etc.. and heed to the heart...
॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »
at some point we have to undress our mind, what cease drom worrying what others may think, etc.. and heed to the heart...

Dear Sri Nagaraj,

I love this thought. And i cannot agree more! To live our mind aside,and jump without a cord... That thought alone is what make me feel so free... It is unbelieveble feeling,a wonder. Truly inspirational...
Thank You!