Author Topic: my musings  (Read 116908 times)

Nagaraj

• View Profile
my musings
« on: September 17, 2012, 08:07:46 AM »
O Mother, what a machine is this that Thou hast made! What pranks Thou playest with this toy Three and a half cubits high!

God alone is the Doer. I say: 'O Lord, I do as Thou doest through me. I speak as Thou speakest through me. I am the machine and Thou art the Operator. I am the house and Thou art the Indweller. I am the engine and Thou art the Engineer.'

...remembering the words of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa. Thank you.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
Remain quietly in the Self.
~ Vasishta

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
Re: my musings
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:41:57 AM »
Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji,

Heartiest welcome ! We sadly missed your love as well as deep insights, and soul-stirring discussions were few and far between in the forum in your absence. Therefore, you were conspicuous by your absence. We indeed heartily welcome your decision to rejoin us. Thanks very much. I have felt that the Lotus Feet of the Guru are here and now also.

Dear Sri Nagaraj Ji, it is the doership idea which comes in the way of the complete self-surrender. When this idea wanes, one is able to clearly recognise that everything belongs to Him and all are shaped by Him only. This is culmination of the Supreme Devotion in complete self-surrender.  One also comes to discern and recognise clearly that what we call surrender is in truth like pinching a little jaggery from a jaggery image of Lord Ganesha and offering it to Lord Ganesha in worship.

Thanks very much.

Pranam,
  Anil   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
Dear Nagaraj, I am very happy to see You again here,even if i feel that You never left us,because You are part of this forum,this Divine Fellowship. It is good to have here someone with Your knowledge and insight. Wish You the Very Best!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

You have come again to the Forum. It is very nice. BUT DO NOT THINK OF GOING AWAY AGAIN. If you don't feel writing
anything, please stay away from discussions. But do not withdraw outright.

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Nagaraj,
Thanks very much.I am reading the wonderful words of the Master that you have posted as if for the first time.They always go straight to one's heart and echo there.
Namaskar.

cefnbrithdir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 01:13:48 AM »

Dear Nagaraj

Thank you for returning.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:29:51 AM »
Thank you, thanks to all for your love

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Patience
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »
A young man came to a zen master to learn about meditation.

The zen master asked, "Are you capable of waiting?"

The young man asked, " of course, how long?"

The master said, " That is enough for me to reject you"

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 12:03:36 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Patience is quite important. While JK said: Effortless and Choicless Awarenss, Sri Bhagavan said that to attain that
Awareness, one has to have a lot of patience and perseverance. Sri Bhagavan's case, it took only 15 minutes, but His
case was special. For all others, one need to put in a lot of efforts.   Upansidads speak of disciples grazing cows for 32 years
and this was three times, and then Atma Upadesam came to be understood and revealed.

Arunachala Siva.   

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:24 PM »
Dear Nagaraj,

Patience is quite important. While JK said: Effortless and Choicless Awarenss, Sri Bhagavan said that to attain that
Awareness, one has to have a lot of patience and perseverance. Sri Bhagavan's case, it took only 15 minutes, but His
case was special. For all others, one need to put in a lot of efforts.   Upansidads speak of disciples grazing cows for 32 years
and this was three times, and then Atma Upadesam came to be understood and revealed.

Arunachala Siva.

True patience is important and we are impatient because we want a quick fix solution to all our problems .
Laxmana Swamy has mentioned in his book "No Mind I am Self" that many people used to come to him asking if they stay with him for 3 years will they get Moksha for which Laxmana Swamy used to smilingly reply that he is not conducting a degree course in Moksha where people will get a Certificate saying they have attained moksha after 3 years stay with him .

Many people used to ask Bhagwan Ramana that whether he has the capacity to give spiritual power to them the same way Sri Ramakrishna Paramahmsa gave the spiritual power to Vivekananda and Bhagwan's reply was simple : are u first Vivekananda ?
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Spirituality should ripen us
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 06:51:47 PM »
i have come to discern and believe, that, all our practices, sadhana, exposure to various spiritual literature, satsang, various Saints, company of the good people, should ripen us as a better human beings, more than even spiritual evolution. I believe that spiritual evolution is a natural fruit for a ripened soul. The Latter comes as a boon from God or Self as a gift  The very purpose of life is to be lived awake, feel and experience the joys and sorrows of life, in its full, express solicitude and gratitude for persons who have touched our lives in some way or the other, both, the good and the bad ones, they have all helped us, here today, where we stand. A life of Dharma, itself is Realisation. Sri Rama's life is a testimony to this. A life, being awake.

"There was a monastery in a certain place. The monks residing there went out daily to beg their food. One day a monk, while out for his alms, saw a landlord beating a man mercilessly. The compassionate monk stepped in and asked the landlord to stop. But the landlord was filled with anger and turned his wrath against the innocent monk. He beat the monk till he fell unconscious on the ground. Someone reported the matter to the monastery. The monks ran to the spot and found their brother lying there. Four or five of them carried him back and laid him on a bed. He was still unconscious. The other monks sat around him sad at heart; some were fanning him. Finally someone suggested that he should be given a little milk to drink. When it was poured into his mouth he regained consciousness. He opened his eyes and looked around. One of the monks said, 'Let us see whether he is fully conscious and can recognize us.' Shouting into his ear, he said, 'Revered sir, who is giving you milk?' 'Brother,' replied the holy man in a low voice, 'He who beat me is now giving me milk.' (Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa)

In the end, if our spiritual quest, does not help us in being a more considerate human being, it is not really worthy possession. All the rivers reach the ocean, so, any which way, whether one is in a spiritual quest of the Self or God, is primarily in a journey. The great Realised souls are genuinely known more for their compassion, the so many lives that they have touched, than their realisation.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Nagaraj

• View Profile
Prarabdha
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 09:07:03 PM »
आत्मानं सततं ज्ञात्वा कालं नय महामते |
प्रारब्धमखिलं भुञ्जन्नोद्वेगं कर्तुमर्हसि ||

Aatmaanam satatam jnyaatvaa kaalam naya mahaatmate
Praarabhdamakhilam bhunjannodvegam kartumarhasi (Nada Bindu Upanishad)

O' Esteemed Honored one, spend your life always in the knowing of the Atma/Self, enjoying the whole of your Prarabdha (destiny to be worked out in this life, resulting from the balance-sheet of actions in past lives) without making any complaint of it.

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:35 PM »
Nagaraj,
"I believe that spiritual evolution is a natural fruit for a ripened soul".

Wonderful post.This is what Sage Tiruvalluvar says:

வையத்துள் வாழ்வாங்கு வாழ்பவன் வானுறையும்
தெய்வத்துள் வைக்கப் படும்.

He who lives Life on Earth the way it has to be Lived
He abides as God in the Empyrean.

H W Longfellow says so beautifully in his Village Blacksmith:
Toiling,---rejoicing,---sorrowing,
Onward through life he goes;
Each morning sees some task begin,
Each evening sees it close;
Something attempted, something done,
Has earned a night's repose.

Thanks, thanks to thee, my worthy friend,
For the lesson thou hast taught!
Thus at the flaming forge of life
Our fortunes must be wrought;
Thus on its sounding anvil shaped
Each burning deed and thought.
"

Namaskar.

Nagaraj

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
Dear Sri Ravi,

Even Sri Bhagavan too, unlike popularly it is seen (of a renunciate of highest order, kaupina dhari, one who lived only with kaupina, etc...) lived his life like a millionaire. He had thousands of people who loved him, he accumulated a huge family, bound by love of Bhakti. His life does enunciates the experiences of an ideal human being.

It reminded me a verse from Mankuthimmana Kagga, which is very famous in the Kannada world,

An easy way to be contented, is to realise that it is a drama that is played on a stage, and, immerse oneself in it completely right from the begining. One must play ones part to the fullest of ones ability to entertain others, and, at the same time, one must be aware that he himself also is a spectator for the drama that is unfolding on the stage and enjoy the play as a witness as well, irrespective of whether it is a comedy, tragedy. If this is discerned, one will be the master, who rules ones world. This drama does not have any plot, neither begining nor an end, but it has rules!

(DV Gundappa, Mankuthimmana Kagga)

॥ शांतमात्मनि तिष्ट ॥
~ Vasishta

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
Dear Ravi, Nagaraj,

Yes. Manguthimmana Kagga of DVG is a treasure of very high Vedantic ideas.

Once a rishi was trying to take out a scorpion which was struggling in river water. He took it out. But it stung him.
And then fell down into the river. The rishi again took it out. Again it stung him and then jumped into the river.

A passerby asked: O rishi, in spite of knowing that it is the nature of scorpion to sting a person, why did you
take it out three times and got all the time stings?

Rishi said: What to do?  It is playing its drama in this world. I am playing my drama in this world, Both of us are actors.

It can never become a Rishi. I can never become a scorpion.

Arunachala Siva.