Author Topic: Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai  (Read 23932 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai
« on: September 14, 2012, 08:14:44 PM »
Dear friends,

I opened this topic because it would be nice to hear about impressions from travel to Tiruvannamalai,and Ramanashram.

Dear Subramanian sir,

You said that You were in Tiru,so i wish to know do You have some story from there to share,and what are Yours impressions. I am curious. :)
Sure,only if You have something to share.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:14:58 AM by Jewell »

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Impessions from travels to Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 08:29:51 PM »
Dear Jewel.

Normally I do not write an new posts in the Forum. I had taken this decision, after my 6000th post

If you still want to see my comments, about our  Tiru visit , please read David Godman's www.davidgodman. org.
Where I have posted under the caption DARSHAN OF LORD OF FIRE

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:13 PM »
Dear Jewell,

I am planning to go after few days, so once I go there I will share my new experiences.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian sir,

Yes,i still want to see that post. I will find it and read it. Thank You!

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
Dear Vinod,

Great! I am glad that You are going,and waiting to hear what your impressions are. :)

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:43:46 PM »
Dear Jewell & others,

My trip has been well taken care by our arunachala and master. I have done pradakshina 2 times in 2 and half days i was present there. The pradakshina was really good this time coz it is winter over there and at the same time breezy as well. I have been to the main temple early morning by 5 AM and lucky enough to see and feed the holy cow entering the temple. I have never seen such pretty cow in my entire life. I have also been to Gurumurtham temple as suggested by Subramanian Ji and lucky enough to do puja in the evening to one of the ancient and sacred lingas by myself with out any priest. As mentioned previously by Subramanian, this temple is not very well taken care by and it makes even lucky for the devotees to offer puja to the lingam personally. So my request to any one reading this post and have plans to attend Trvnmlai in the future, please visit this ancient and sacred shiv ling and do your bit to gain inner satisfaction or blessings. I have also been to skandashramam early morning to see the prayer by swami but unfortunately he was not available on the day to do so. I coudnt dedicate much time to meditate coz my body was very tiered as I had less sleep since I have done pradakshina in nights, till early morning.

This time the hill seems to be full of greenery and I have never seen it like that before. I used to think the only reason why we have to carry torch light, is to get protected from stones or thorns on the road but I was mistaken until I have seen a snake crossing the road in the night while doing pradakshina and then started to get bothered a bit, as an other devotee also mentioned of scorpions being present some times, as it is a forest. This time new roads are being laid and also dustbins are placed for long distance, ensuring the path is clean and neat.

Its been great 2 and half days and did not realize how did it go as always. Thanks to Arunachala and our master for giving me the appointment for some time.

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01:45 PM »
Dear Vinod, Wonderfull!! You have got the darshan of a living Guru,Arunachala!:) And of Bhagavan too,coz He never left us! It is very interesting to read Your story,and everything what was happening there,especialy for me,coz i never been there,and i make pictures in my head,so it feels like i was there in some way. I only dont know how will i react when i see those snakes. :) I am Very happy for You dear Vinod,and i cant wait to hear more stories from Arunachala from You! Wish You the Very Best!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I am very happy to note your visit to T'malai. Let Bhagavan's Blessings continue to shower on you.

Arunachala Siva.

deepa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 01:57:23 AM »

This may sound shallow when we are discussing the divine atmosphere of the ashram. But for me and my family, it was a lesson in tolerance ("titiksha") to visit the ashram. It reminded me and taught my children to reduce the importance we give to physical comforts.

It brought tears to my eyes to see my 3 US-born children (ages 9,7 and 3) sit on the floor, wait patiently for the food, eat with hands from a leaf under the photo of Bhagawan. Also, when we went inside the Virupaksha cave, it was so hot and stuffy and everybody was perspiring. However, all 3 of them sat quietly for several minutes. I can understand Bhagawan was beyond this, but seeing many people in the cave now was very inspiring.

Going inside the cave, seeing the patala lingam where Bhagawan stayed for a while, walking near the elephant where also Bhagawan slept - all of this does reinforce forbearance in us. We all consciously remember and talk about it when we feel like complaining about weather or anything else.

I still have mixed opinions about barefeet girivalam.. I did it barefeet and my husband wore shoes, however, the pain over the next few days did make it unpleasant for me. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 11:59:50 AM »
Dear Deepa,

Nice to know the story of visiting the Asramam with young children.

Regarding bare-foot giri pradakshina, this is what is prescribed in Arunachala Mahatmyam. No doubt, it is painful
for people who are not used to it.  Either one has to put up with it or avoid giri pradakshina.

Arunachala Siva. 

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »
Dear Deepa,

Beautiful to read all experiences and impressions from Tiruvannamalai! I can feel that Divine atmosphere while watching videos from Ashram and Arunachala,and i can only imagine the feeling when someone is physically present there...

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 07:44:30 PM »
It is very interesting to read Your story,and everything what was happening there,especialy for me,coz i never been there,and i make pictures in my head,so it feels like i was there in some way. I only dont know how will i react when i see those snakes. :)

Dear Jewell,

I understand that you have never been to the heart of spirituality(Arunachala) but I am sure, u are one among the lucky ones to hear, think and speak about Arunachala. U being a foreigner now know about master and our father arunachala which is not a small thing coz there are many people in southern part of India including tamil nadu doesnt know much about this place or dont know anything about our master which is surprising. So even imagining when we share our experiences about Arunachala will help you in attaining liberation and never feel disappointed that you are not able to visit coz for every thing a time has to come and I am sure one day even your time will come with the blessings of our two eyes (one our master and the other our arunachala).

Speaking about girivalam barefoot, it is not so tough on the first day but very tough to repeat it any time between next 2 days coz your feet still has some pain. I had lot of pain on the second time but somehow I completed it by praying when ever I was in pain. The main thing is, always have good and long sleep after girivalam, it will help your body to rejuvenate. 

Regarding snakes or any creature, we should not be concerned coz if we dont bother them, they dont bother us and must always remember that "we are the trespassers but not not they".

Thank you so much dear, for your kind wishes and cheering for me as well.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:45:38 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I am very happy to note your visit to T'malai. Let Bhagavan's Blessings continue to shower on you.

Arunachala Siva.

Dear Subramanian,

Thank you so much sir!

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
Dear Jewell and others,

This time I had a funny experience when I was at punchamukha view of the hill. It was around 12.15 AM and I was watching the hill and it was very beautiful with moon on top of it, as if it is (moon) playing hide n seek game with clouds and the whole view was very beautiful. It was very silent with nobody around. All of a sudden a devotee has come on byke and started praying in such a funny way that its still stuck in my mind. It seems may be he doesnt know any prayers or songs and he just said few names of saints and arunachala that he knew. He also sung a song from the movie Arunachalam (rajni kanth). He repeated those few names so many times in such a way that, it was very funny. When I say its funny, I dont mean to disrespect his devotion coz his love for the arunachala was very much present and it also shows his innocence. After some time I left and he was still there praying in the same way.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 08:22:18 PM »
Dear Vinod,

There are important places to be seen, apart from 8 Lingams in giri Pradakshina road. One is Panchamukha Darsnam, another is
Nandi mukha Darsnam, the third is is viewing summit from Ner Annamalai Temple, then Isanya desikar's Samadhi (he attained
Jiva Samadhi), then is the idukku pillaiyar kovil. Here through a hole from behind the structure, one has to enter the same and
come out from the outer hole. Only who are lean can do that., It is believed that all diseases would be cured out of this
exercise.

I have seen people keeping an incense stick and walking. I have also seen people giving Re 1 to each alms seeker on the way.

Arunachala Siva.