Author Topic: Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai  (Read 23958 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2012, 12:54:03 PM »
Dear Jewell, atmavichar100,

Yes. Gazing at His photo with out even a thought or with some mantra within lips is one of the best sadhana.

Incidentally, how many of you look the webcam photo of Arunachala on a day? Once? Twice? Or more?

Arunachala Siva.

Subramaniam Sir

I do not look at the webcam daily but I have downloaded a pic of Arunachala and Bhagwan Ramana in my computer  that I look at it some times but I always visualize Bhagwan Ramana and Arunachala before I start to chant Shiva Sahasranama and Arunachala Akshara Mana Malai .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Whats the link for that webcam photo of Arunahchala ?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
Dear swayam,

The photos of the Hill are appearing every 60 seconds in this same site if you click the "Arunachala Webcam."  Sometimes,
the photo is not updated due to weather conditions or some repairs in the system. There are two cameras installed where
one can see the webcam photo of the Hill in full distant view or a closer view. The closer view photos show the Hill as full of \
rocks, and slopes and shelf rocks - like our mind.

Arunachala Siva.

swayam

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »

Thanks Sir

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
Dear Sri Subramanian sir, I dont look at web cam everyday. Sometimes only. But i have on Bhagavan picture Arunachala also,and i mostly look on that one,or watching videos from Arunachala.

Mannu

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »

Hello All,

We visited T'malai on 1-Dec-2012 (saturday) by taking afternoon KSRTC Bus of 1:00 PM,  boarding at Satellite Bus Stand. Reached
T'malai at 7 pm. Took an auto(he over-charged us) and reached one lodge, where there were no rooms available. This lodge owner
directed us to another one, where we thankfully got one room. We have to bargain for the room and settle it to Rs.500/-.

From the room the temple was at a walkabale distance for about 7 minutes. After getting refreshed, we left the room at 8.30 pm
for the evening darshan of Lord Shiva. We came out of the temple at 10:10 pm. At that hour many road-side food stalls had closed.
We settled for dosas from one of the stalls who was preparing food at that odd-hour.

Since we dont know Tamil, it was very difficult to understand the language in the lodge and also with roadside stalls, lamp sellers etc

Next morning, (2-Dec Sunday) we again had darshan of Lord Shiva. Had breakfast in nearby restaurant. We roamed around near the temple and also walked to the Bus Stand to just check the distance of it from the Temple. By then it was 2 pm and the climate was scorching hot. We got back to the room to rest.

In the evening we again visited the Big Temple and witnessed the light that is lit on the peak of Arunachala Hill. This was a co-incidence
as we didnt know that the peak of Arunachala is lit for 10 days from Karthik Deepam day. It was good spiritual darshan witnessing
Arunachala with the divine light. We also lit a lamp in the temple campus. We didnt stand in queue for the darshan as we had already
 lit our lamp and had to proceed towards the lodge to check-out at 7:45 pm. After we checked-out we walked towards Bus stand
(without hiring auto) and waited for Bangalore Bus. When we checked in KSRTC Counter only 10:45 pm bus was available
and we have to book immediately in advance or else it will also get full. I hurriedly booked it and boarded 10:45 pm bus and landed in Bangalore at around 4.30 am. on 3-Dec (Monday). After some rest, (though I felt sleepy all day due to travel), I attended office that day.

One of the regret we had that we haven't visited Ramana Maharishi Ashram. If the Lord wills we surely will next time. I had read and knew about Girivallam (Mountain circumabulation) on Full Moon Day. But was sceptical whether we can do it in other days as well. Later I came to know that it can be done on any day but only the Full Moon Day is considered as a special day.

In all, we had a satisfying spiritual week-end.

Warm Wishes, Om Namah Shivaya,

Mannu  :)

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Dear Mannu, I am very happy to read Your experiences and that You had very satisfying time on Arunachala. Also,nice to know about all things which happened,about traveling and room booking. It can be very useful for us who will come there for the first time. With love and prayers,

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2012, 03:01:04 AM »
Dear Mannu,

Very glad to know your visit to Tiruvannamalai and Big Temple. Next time when you go, you visit the Asramam also. God's Grace
and Guru's Grace -- both are equally important. You can do girivalam on any day, preferably go in a group, late in the evening, so
that the heat will not affect you.

Welcome to the Forum.

Arunachala Siva.     

Mannu

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2012, 03:19:03 PM »

Thanks Jewell and Subra for the responses.

1.  I would like to know how far is Ramana Ashram from T'malai  bus stand and/or from the Main Temple. Can we
go by walk or we have to necessarily take an Auto.

2. If we can perform GiriVallam on any day, preferably at night (to avoid heat), will the path be well-lit? I heard and read that during
Full-Moon day the entire path is well-light by sodium-vapour lamps. Is the path lit every night or only on Full Moon Days.

Please advice.

Mannu  :)

Om Namah Shivaya.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »
Dear Mannu,

You can take an auto and go to Sri Ramanasramam. That will be better.

Girivalam can be performed on any night. Lightings are there. Still you have to go in a group of 2 or 3. Don't take it alone.
Similarly, if ladies are accompanying, it is better to go with a group of males also together.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:45 AM »
Dear Jewell,

By our almighty's grace I will travell to our home tomarrow and once I am back I will surely share my experiences.

Om Arunaachaleshwaraaya Namaha!

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »
Dear Vinod,

Thats great!  :) I am happy You are going to our Father.

Have a safe journey,and beautiful and peaceful time on Arunachala! Enjoy!  :)

With love and prayers,

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:36 AM »
Dear Jewell & others,

By our Arunachala's grace I have completed my journey. This was the first time I travelled by bus from Hyd to Tvnmlai. The journey is much better then other modes like Air or Train (only from Hyd) as it is very time saving. It took just 11 hours which is very productive.

Unfortunately I am not accustomed for the bus journey and the whole night was very terrible & I could barely sleep for 2 hours Max!. I reached our home in the wee hours of 26th and slept for very long time, as I felt very sick. I woke in the late afternoon by 2.00 PM and post lunch, I visited ashramam and had very good after meditation & had mesmirizing time in ashram. During the late evening I have been to the temple & It was good being there, like always. I came to the room and couldnt able to sleep, as I was feeling very hungry, so I decided to go out @ 11.45 PM and it was very breezy. I walked till Yama lingam from Ramanashramam & I could only find 2 groups during my walk, as it was just a day before full moon & I was thinking "man just 24hrs & the seen will be total opposite". I found one small hotel where I had some junk food & came back to the room @ 2.00 AM. First time I was bit afraid during the way, as it was very very breezy and no one except the wild truckers.

Next day I woke up in the afternoon and my health seems to be even worst and I was afraid, wether I will be fine by late evening & even if I am fine, will I be able to do pradakshina on "The Day". I was very disappointed that the whole trip is screwed up. I woke up after a long sleep in the day & by evening I was feeling bit better by gods grace. I went out & I could see the whole road filled with people doing pradakshina, got back to the room & had a quck shower. Finally I have started prdakshina from Agni Lingam by feeding a cow. This time i could see less commercial activities compared to the prev time. Other good thing is, they have installed speaker near foot path for long distance which plays Shiv slokas. This is very good to be focused if you are distracted.

I could see trees growing fast & very big which is obstructing the view of Arunachala while doing girivalam. This was not the case 4 years back, may be it is a sign of Kaliyug :-[ where we are not able to see the visible form of god. The Esanya lingam gate was closed this time, not sure why. This time I also feeded dogs, which was also great feeling and over all it was great giri prdakshina and luckily my body suppoted me & got back to the room @1 AM. Next day I woke up @ 12 PM and I have been to skandashramam & climate was very good, as it drizzled a bit & spent some time meditating there. Got down the hill late afternoon and spent few hours in the ashramam. The preparations were "full on" for the anniversary of our master and I was feeling very bad that I am going to miss the birthday bash but what to do thats how it goes. Thanked Arunachala & our master for giving me the oppurtunity to visit & left the home.

Now I am back to the struggling world :-\

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
Dear Vinod,

Nice to see your post about your visit to Tiruvannamalai and your darshan of Sri Bhagavan and Siva and Uma in the Big Temple.
A bus journey, that too at night time will always be a tiring affair. You have to take a day extra and you should take rest on the
first day, with a brief visit to Asramam and the rest of the things you can cover on Day 2,3 and 4.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »
By our Arunachala's grace I have completed my journey. This was the first time I travelled by bus from Hyd to Tvnmlai.
The preparations were "full on" for the anniversary of our master and I was feeling very bad that I am going to miss the birthday bash but what to do thats how it goes. Thanked Arunachala & our master for giving me the oppurtunity to visit & left the home.
Vinod happy that you completed the journey . It would have been great had you stayed on for the Master's anniversary .Anyway the very fact you could visit Master Shrine and do Girivalam to Arunachala itself is a big blessing .

Om Peace
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha