Author Topic: Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai  (Read 23991 times)

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Impessions from travels to Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
Dear Vinod,

I agree. This should be the goal. Even if we do not do it,. perhaps, one day we can do it. All goals are set only for our
trying whether we can do it.

Arunachala Siva.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 08:33:32 PM »
Dear vinod,

If you go for giri pradkashina, in the day time, you can see;

1. Nandi muka darsana.
2. Panchamukha darsana - the view of five hills.
3.  Ner Annamlai tempe where Devi, did tapas to get the half of the form of Siva.
4.  Idukku Pillaiyar temple.
5. Isanya Desikar Math, where this great soul attained jiva samadhi and his body itself had disappeared from the room.

Arunachala Siva.

Haan Ji,

But last time I thought of being at Isanya desikar samadhi but since it was late night I was not sure where it is. I tried looking for it opposite esanya lingam but i could only find small burrial ground and later I did not have time to visit post girivalam, so i missed it.

OM ARUNAACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

latha

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 09:06:29 PM »
Dear Subramanianji, Jewellji,

Something I read about Arunachala made me fear briefly that it would bring out the worst in me.  But immediately I had the same thought that Subramanianji has mentioned, namely,  Bhagavan is Father, Mother, Guru - what harm can come to me when I am at home.

Most important, Jewellji, it  is  a big blessing that you have Bhagavan and Arunachala in your heart. When the time comes you will go to the physical place. I was terrified to take a long flight with my hyperactive son but Bhagavan gave me the strength and the trip went very well.

Om Namo Bhagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Impressions from travels to Tiruvannamalai
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 12:59:59 AM »
Dear lathaji, Thank You Very much for these comforting words!! Yes,Bhagavan and Arunachala are Always in my heart,and that is most important. When the time come,with Blessings and Guru Grace,i will come there. Like in Your case,Bhagavan will take care of everything. Wish You All the Best!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:31:25 AM by Jewell »

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Dear lathaji, Thank You Very much for these comforting words!! Yes,Bhagavan and Arunachala are Always in my heart,and that is most important. When the time come,with Blessings and Guru Grace,i will come there. Like in Your case,Bhagavan will take care of everything. Wish You All the Best!

Yes Jewell

When time comes things will happen on its own .
Visiting Arunachala and doing Giri Pradakshina  and staying at Ramana Maharshi Ashram and Meditating at the Old Hall  is just one way of showing our respects to them (i.e Bhagwan,Arunacahala ) but that need not be the only way . Bhagwan has left his wonderful works in Tamil and Sanskrit that you can chant them  or listen to them daily ( mostly are available for free download from the Ramana Ashram website ) , or read Bhagwan's Books in English by his close devotees i.e dialogues with Bhagwan etc and all these activities will keep you in touch with Bhagwan wherever you are and when the time is ripe , you will be able to visit here .
My suggestion is that you have a formal Bhagwan Satsang in your house once a week :
This is the link to how to have a Ramana Satsang .
http://www.sriramanamaharshi.org/ramanasatsang.html
Do not bother if you do not have friends /family members to take part in this .It is enough you start this satsang alone with urself and Bhagwan's picture in front of you .Today is auspicious day Guru's day and you can start it today and keep it every thursday and who knows soon how many people will join it .Satsang has a mysterious power . I know of one Zen teacher in America , a lady who used to do a zen satsang alone for many days in her room alone  but used to prepare the room as though many people will come ,first few weeks no one tuned up and slowly one by one people started coming and it became a big group . I have similar such stories .The intention here is not to attract a crowd but to keep the spirit of Bhagwan in your life and attract like minded people to it .
This is a  just a friendly advice .If you are already doing such a thing or related activity then do not worry ,carry on with whatever you are doing .
Om Peace .

« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:37:21 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »
Dear Atmavichar100,

Yes. Holding Satsanghs in the house or in some places in one's town, with like minded people  is also an excellent idea to
continue unfailingly our remembrance of Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
Dear Atmavichar100,

Yes. Holding Satsanghs in the house or in some places in one's town, with like minded people  is also an excellent idea to
continue unfailingly our remembrance of Sri Bhagavan.

Arunachala Siva.

Yes Subramaniam Sir

That is what I am doing myself ( I have visited Arunachala , Ramana Ashram many times but no more inclined to visit ) and try to now have regular satsang at my own house informally .I choose the time 6.45p.m- 7.30 p.m in evening ,the time of Tamil Parayana at Ramana Ashram and keep chanting Arunachala Stuti Panchakam and on Sat chant Ramana Stuti Panchakam . Slowly I intend to memorize the other Tamil works and follow the same Mon- Sat routine of Tamil Parayana at my house at the same time .If the time does not work it does not matter but I have kept in my mind  that I spend 30-45 mts daily with some work of Bhagwan with full focus .
I suggest the same to others i.e instead of breaking your head about how to go ,when to go etc etc ( for some it is logistic problem ,for some financial problem ,for some time problem ,for some family problem and for some a combination of all above ) .Some complain that there is no Ramana Satsang in their City or even if it is it is too far from their house etc etc  .Do not wait for motivation from outside ,just start some satsang activity in your own apartment even if it is a small single bedroom apartment and then leave the rest to Bhagwan  as Bhagwan does not care about formality etc .All you need is a Picture of Bhagwan and you can play the chants on your computer /laptop/MP3 player , sit silently , switch off your mobiles, internet  and follow the chants for 30-45mts with uninterrupted focus  and maintain it on a regular basis  and see how it keeps moving you .
In conclusion : Bring Bahgwan and Arunachala in to your own house and that can be done through Ramana Satsang
Om Peace .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:59:57 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Yes. Sri Bhagavan Himself has lauded Satsangh (union with Sat, i.e. like minded people. or in your own home with a sattvic
disposition in your heart), in Verse  4 of Forty Verses, Supplement.

Fever is overcome by the cool light of the moon; want by the good wish yielding tree, Karpaga tree; and sin by the Holy Ganga.
Those three - fever, want, and sin all flee at the august sight of the peerless sage.

Arunachala Siva.     

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

Even Adi Shankara has said a similar thing about Satsangha in his Bhaja Govindam :

Sat-sangatve nissangatvam nissangatve nirmohatvam
Nirmohatve nishchala-tattvam nishchala-tattve jivanmuktih

Satsangga i.e Good and virtuous company gives rise to non-attachment. From non-attachment comes freedom from delusion. With freedom from delusion, one feels the changeless reality. Experiencing that changeless reality, one attains liberation in this life.

Adi Shankara in Bhaja Govindam

I remember even Bhagwan saying in one of the advice for a spiritual aspirant i.e first step is satsangha and rest will follow accordingly .

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2012, 04:46:07 PM »
Dear atmavichar100, I am reading this beautiful and encouraging words of Yours,and i must say they deeply touched my heart.. That good intention an kindness. And they are Blessings from Bhagavan Himself! I dont have formal satsang,how to say,but my way of satsang and comunion with Bhagavan. :) And this forum i look like satsang too. I feel Bhagavan is with us Here. I always felt,we dont need to go anywhere,we are always with Him. Where is place for distance,when Guru is my own Heart. But,somehow,more and more,i long to be with Arunachala. I cannot explane that feeling. I guess it is coming from Bhagavan Himself. But,in mean time i will be with them like You sugested,and we will see what they have prepared for me. :) Thank You from All my Heart,my friend! With love and prayers,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
Jewell

Happy that you found my post encouraging . Keep it up and keep the spirit of Bhagwan in your life in what ever way you want and he will guide you accordingly .
Om Peace .

Balaji

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
Dear Atmavichar100

Very nice to read your writings about Satsangha.

Regarding my family , My daughter, my son and me , maximum we sit for 15 minutes silently, every Thursday between 6.30 to 8.30, if it is not possible, we do some other days.  Just we hear Arunachala Siva, Arunachala Siva, Arunachala  chanted by  Selvi Saindhavi or by Smt.Saroja Natarajan.

May Lord Arunachala Showers his grance on you
Om Namo Bagavathe Sri Ramanaya

Jewell

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 05:06:26 AM »
Jewell

Happy that you found my post encouraging . Keep it up and keep the spirit of Bhagwan in your life in what ever way you want and he will guide you accordingly .
Om Peace .

Dear atmavichar100,

Thank You Very much one,and thousand times more,for truly Beautiful words!

Regarding Satsang with Bhagavan,i have a picture of Bhagavan in my room,and sometimes i just watch Him,sometimes talk to Him. But Your advice i find to be very good. And the misterious and beautiful thing i wish to share about that picture. I rearly talk much about my path to anyone around me,about Bhagavan and God i talk,but that much what is needed only.,and when i am that much entusiastic that i cant be silent. But,people been curious by nature,always wanted to know what i read,and now and then they look on computer and see. And all coments were: Stop reading that. Why You read that stuff?,etc.,all sort of coments. But from moment i put picture of Bhagavan,who ever enters my room,my familly,my friends,anyone,i find them all just staring at Bhagavan,not saying anything. No one dared to ask or coment anything. Not even Who is this man.  :) I find that truly Amazing!

Such is the Power and the Greatness of our Guru,our Father!!!

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 07:21:45 AM »
Such is the Power and the Greatness of our Guru,our Father!!!

Dear Jewell , Balaji

Bhagwan needs no formality with regard to how we worship him .We can chant his songs , or chant the Maha Mantra "Arunachala Siva" or just sit in silence in front of his pic .When true devotion is there method of expression does not matter much .
Formality of Satsang is only to see to it that we do not slip down due to the force of Maya .
So invoke Bhagwan in what ever way you feel like . Bhagwan understand our hearts better  .
Om Peace .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
Dear Jewell, atmavichar100,

Yes. Gazing at His photo with out even a thought or with some mantra within lips is one of the best sadhana.

Incidentally, how many of you look the webcam photo of Arunachala on a day? Once? Twice? Or more?

Arunachala Siva.