Author Topic: Muruganar Samadhi Day 2012 at Ramana Ashram  (Read 1160 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Muruganar Samadhi Day 2012 at Ramana Ashram
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
Following is the piece I found in Ramana Ashram Face Book Site :
Murugunar, one of the foremost devotees of Bhagavan, attained Samadhi on new moon day in the Tamil month of Avani. As there are two new moons in the month of Avani, Sri Ramanasramam will observe the function on September 15 following Hindu Panchangam. In honor of the divine poet Murugunar, devotees have organized a three day function at Sri Ramanasramam. Muttruodhal(complete narration) of Tiruvachakam and Ramana Sannidhi Murai. Today ( i.e Thu 13 Sept 2012 ) Tiruvachakam was narrated by a group of devotees. Tomorrow Oduvar from Kapaleeswarar temple Mylapore will sing selected songs from these works.

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Muruganar Samadhi Day 2012 at Ramana Ashram
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 06:53:29 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Yes.  Muruganar's liberation  day was celebrated in all solemnity on 13th Sept. 2012.

Coincidentally, a group has come from Tirukazhuk kunRam and started singing Tiruvachakam and Sri Ramana Sannidhik Murai -
complete chanting, called MuRRothal in  Tamizh from today. It is being done from 6 am to 9 pm., with breaks. Today is my
last day in Tiruvannamalai. So I and my wife would listen and sing Tiruvachakam  from 8 am to 11.45.  am., We could be present
to sing from Tiru chadakam to Tiru Dasangam. We could not remain further since we had to take lunch, vacate the guest room
and return to Bangalore. The complete chanting programme comes to a close by 6.00 pm on coming Sunday. After Tiruvachakam,
they take up Sri Ramana Sannidhi Murai.     

Arunachala Siva.   

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Re: Muruganar Samadhi Day 2012 at Ramana Ashram
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
Today is my last day in Tiruvannamalai.

Subramaniam Sir
Hope that ur short visit to Thiruvannamalai was spiritually refreshing especially on this auspicious occasion .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha