Author Topic: Thiruvachagam Complete Parayana on Sun 2 Sept 2012 at Chennai  (Read 5309 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Thiruvachagam Complete Parayana on Sun 2 Sept 2012 at Chennai
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »
This is just to inform all interested people that there will be a complete Parayana of Thiruvachagam on Sun 2 Sept 2012 at Sri Kanchi Mahaswamy Anatha Mandapam , close to Sri Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple in Adyar ,Gandhi Nagar

Timings : 9 a.m - 5 p.m
Swami Omkarananda who is observing his Chaturmasya Vrata there is conducting it and many other Thiruvachagam scholars and Parayana Groups will be participating in the same .

Just now found in Sri Ramanaashram Saranagati News Letter the Sept 2012 issue , a short clip about a similar effort taken by one Sri Damodaran in popularizing Thiruvachagam complete Parayana at many places in Tamil Nadu .
Here is the news clip:

Sri Damodharan of Tirukazhukundram, the town where Jnana Sambandar, Appar, Sundara,and Manikavachakar came and sang their hymns, began sponsoring biksha for 50 pilgrims
each day at the holy kshetra. Discovering the power of Manikavachakar’s great work, the
Tiruvachakam, Sri Damodharan began sponsoring all-day chanting programmes, first in Avudaiyar Kovil (for 1,000) in April, then Chidambaram (4,000) in June, and finally, a full-day programmei n Tiruvannamalai (very close to the Ashram) on the 29th July which hosted more than10,000 participants. The next programme is to take place in Kanchipuram in September
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Thiruvachagam Complete Parayana on Sun 2 Sept 2012 at Chennai
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:51:20 PM »
Dear atmavichar 100,

What a heart melting news you have given. Many many scholars and ascetics and discoursers have been attracted by
Tiruvachakam, the divine work, which was composed by Saint Maniikavachagar and later Siva (Natarja) came as an old
brahmin and got the entire work written on the palm leaves and took them away. Next day, Dikshitars found the palm
leaf books in inner sanctum of Nataraja, called Kanaka Sabha (golden hall of Consciousness) and were amazed by the
writing and at the end the signature: As Manivasagan said, written by Azagiya Tiruchitrambalam Udaiyan.... and were
further amazed. The priests sent word for him, searched for him and ultimately found him in a Math in Chidambaram,
enjoying the bliss of Siva Consciousness. They brought him, adorned him with new clothes and then took him to Kanaka
Sabha. They made him sit on a golden seat and all including the King asked for the meaning of Tiruvachakam.

With tearful eyes, the saint Manikkavachagar, showed Natraja and then said with choking voice: The meaning of this is
That!  Within a minute, he merged with Siva Nataraja as a flame! No body was found!

From that day, in all Nataraja icons, while Sivakamavalli, his wife is standing to his right, Manikkavachagar is standing to his
right!

I shall give a poem in the next post.

Arunachala Siva.       

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »
Tiruvachakam - Kuzhaitha Pathu, Decad on melting:

8. நாயிற் கடையாம் நாயேனை
நயந்து நீயே ஆட்கொண்டாய்
மாயப் பிறவி உன்வசமே
வைத்திட்டி ருக்கும் அதுவன்றி
ஆயக் கடவேன் நானோதான்
என்ன தோஇங் கதிகாரங்
காயத் திடுவாய் உன்னுடைய
கழற்கீழ் வைப்பாய் கண்ணுதலே. 503

O You have taken over me and ruled over me, this lowly dog lowlier than a dog
This birth which is Maya is under your total control.
In which case, what is my discretion? What is my right?
You keep me in this body or
keep me at your anklet wearing feet,
O Lord of eye on the mid-brow!

No person with a tender heart can but weep for such golden verses!

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Tiruvachakam - YAthirai Pathu  Verse 7- Decad on Pilgrimage (to Siva's Abode)

நிற்பார் நிற்கநில் லாவுலகில் நில்லோம் இனிநாம் செல்வோமே
பொற்பால் ஒப்பாந் திருமேனிப் புயங்கன் ஆவான் பொன்னடிக்கே
நிற்பீர் எல்லாந் தாழாதே நிற்கும் பரிசே ஒருப்படுமின்
பிற்பால் நின்று பேழ்கணித்தாற் பெறுதற் கரியன் பெருமானே. 611

This earth is not going to stand for long., Let people who want to stand here, let them stand.
We shall not stand here; We shall now go.
To the golden hued One who wears serpents as His ornaments.
Let us go His golden feet!
Do not wait any longer, take up moving immediately,
If you stand behind  and wait in indecision,
He will become rare to attain, our Lord.

Arunachala Siva.     

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Tiruvachakam - Adaikkala Pathu Verse 8 - Decad on Surrender:

மாவடு வகிரன்ன கண்ணியங் காநின் மலரடிக்கே
கூவிடு வாய்கும்பிக் கேயிடு வாய் நின் குறிப்பறியேன்
பாவிடையாடு குழல்போற் கரந்து பரந்த உள்ளம்
ஆகெடுவேன் உடையாய் அடியேன் உன் அடைக்கலமே. 415

O the concorporate of Mother with eyes like split baby mangoes!
You call me to your flower decked feet! Or place me in hell.
I do not know your idea.
Like the weaver's shuttle my mind is shuttling here and there and I cry and become restless.
O I am lost, I surrender to your feet as a refugee, O Lord.

This poem has a historical significance.  There was one Jesuit Father doing his missionary work in
Southern Tamiz Nadu in Tirunelveli. He took interest in Tamizh devotional literature. He found Tiruvachakam
quite heart melting and giving peace for him. He was reading it everyday along with Bible.
He soon became sick and was in death bed.
One evening he called his servant to bring Tiruvachakam from his book shelf.
The book was brought. He with trembling hands opened the book while lying on bed.
And found Adaikkala Pathu, this particular verse. He read in low tone.
Tears flowed from his eyes. He closed the book and then closed his eyes.
He passed away peacefully!

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

Thanks for these inputs .Thiruvachagam is a priceless treasure . But I feel to understand "its depths"  one needs to be a quite an evolved soul .Anyway till then let us enjoy its verses as best as we can .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

If you know Tamizh, you can understand the verses of Tiruvachakam and Tevaram. There will not be any difficulty.
Tiruvachakam, I find has got some direct one-one relationship with Siva. As you go on reading again and again,
the meanings will reveal themselves. There are four layers of meaning in Tiruvachakam, one on bhakti, one on Jnana
and one on Yoga and one on Karma, Let us not break our heads with all those esoteric meanings. It is enough if
you could understand the strand of bhakti in it. There is one English translation by some one published Institute of
Tamizh Studies, Taramani, Chennai 600 103. If you can go to that Institute, (Taramani is a little away from Adyar)
you can pick up that book and read it along with Tamizh version.

I don't have any English version excepting Pope's. But here there are some minor mistakes and the English is Victorian
English. I understood more of Tiruvachakam only by reading again and again the Tamizh verses.

Incidentally today is Arunai Vijayam Day, 1st Sept. On 1st Sept. Sri Bhagavan arrived at the 'promised land'
in the year of 1896.  There will be special pujas in the Asramam today.

Arunachala Siva,

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
I understood more of Tiruvachakam only by reading again and again the Tamizh verses.

Subramaniam Sir

My approach is also the same . I just intend to parayanam of Thiruvachagam , Thirukural and Thevarams , Thayumanavar songs , Thiruarutpa and Bhagwan Ramana's Tamil works bit by bit and slowly understand its meaning .In the meanwhile I am open to listening to talks on the above Tamil works as well as read Translations of the same .

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Here is a gem of a song from Tiruvachakam, Tirup Pulambal, (Holy blabbering):

Verse 3: (There are only 3 verses available under this head):   

உற்றாறை யான்வேண்டேன் ஊர்வேண்டேன் பேர்வேண்டேன்
கற்றாறை யான்வேண்டேன் கற்பனவும் இனியமையும்
குற்றாலத் தமர்ந்துறையுங் கூத்தாஉன் குரைகழற்கே
கற்றாவின் மனம்போலக் கசிந்துருக வேண்டுவனே. 558

I do not want my relations;. I do not want my town; I do not want any name for me!
I do not even want the learned persons. All that I have learnt and all that is sweet,
I only want to chant before you, like a young calf crying to its mother cow, and melt in mind.
O the Dancer, with anklet wearing feet,  in KuRRAlam!

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

What a Miracle today Sun 2 Sept 2012  in Chennai . At 5 p.m when the Thiruvachagam Parayanam was completed in Kanchi Mahaswamy Mantapan in Gandhi Nagar ,Adyar there was heavy downpour in Adyar , Mylapore areas .I do not know about other Areas where there was rain .It seems Gods where themselves pleased by this effort and showered their blessings .

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 06:13:59 PM »
Subramanian,
Swami Omkaranandaji announced that there will be a chanting of the complete Tiruvachakam in Bangalore on December 9th,this year.You may look out for the venue and other Details(not announced today).
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
Dear atmavichar 100 and Ravi,

Both have given me wonderful news. After Tiruvachakam chanting,  there was heavy downpour in Adyar and other areas,
atmavichar has said. The songs which caused Siva to come and make the jackals into horses and then back to jackals,
it is no wonder that an akhanda parayanam brings rain. In Tiruvannamalai, the Asramam arranged for Varuna Japam
and rains have come! These are all natural offshoot of mantra sakti. People with faulty modern education may not understand
all these.

Dear Ravi, Thanks for the information.   I shall keep the dates and attend to Tiruvachakam parayanam of Swami Omkaranandaji
and other visitors and devotees in Bangalore.

What can not be done by Siva if devotee(s) approach with sincere love and devotion?

Arunachala Siva. 

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 06:42:17 PM »
Dear atmaichar100 & Ravi,

The following verse comes under Ananda Malai (Tiruvachakam, 50th Padigam) Verse 7:

நரியைக் குதிரைப் பரியாக்கி ஞால மெல்லாம் நிகழ்வித்துப்
பெரிய தென்னன் மதுரையெல்லாம் பிச்ச தேற்றும் பெருந்துறையாய்
அரிய பொருளே அவிநாசி அப்பா பாண்டி வெள்ளமே
தெரிய அரிய பரஞ்சோதி செய்வ தொன்றும் அறியேனே. 649

O Lord of Tiruperundurai! You made the jackals into horses and did all sorts of magic
And the great Southerner (Pandyan) and his Madurai became mad after this event!
O Rare Substance! O My Father in Avinasi*, the floods of Pandya kingdom!
The One great Light, I do not know what to do!

(*Avinasi is in Coimbatore District).

Arunachala Siva.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 06:52:46 PM »
Dear atmavichae 100 & Ravi,

Sri Ramanasramam e-magazine Saranagati reports:

One Damodaran also conducted Tiruvachakam whole day Parayanam, in Avudaiyar Kovil (Tiruperundurai), Chidambaram,
and recently in Tiruvannamalai (outside the Asramam, but close by) where 10,000 participated! His next programme is in
Kanchipuram.

Arunachala Siva. 

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 06:56:51 PM »
Subramaniam Sir

I had already mentioned about the efforts of Sri Damodaran in my first post in a quote .Anyway nice to remind people of it again . It is good that Thiruvachagam Parayana is being organized at various places .