Author Topic: PETITION: Nominate the Holy Hill Arunachala as a UNESCO World Heritage Site  (Read 1724 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
I personally feel arunachala doesnt require our nomination, already in the past few years this place has become more commercial during special occasions. Thank god Arunachala is not under govt administration(if I am correct), or else it would have been a picnic or a tourist spot or even a place for govt scams. People who are destined/called by our master should only visit but not by a world heritage place to visit. I really dont want to see this place like another Tirupathi.

There are only few places left in the world with peace and its better to be left like that.

Note: If there are some potential benefits for being nominated then one can go ahead and nominate.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Yes, I think like Vinod. Arunachala is not a mundane place and It does not need to be put in some charts like that of UNESCO. But on the other hand if Arunachala becomes part of UNESCO It will be more protected, along with Its territory.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Dear Prasanth_Ramana_Maharshi, I dont know what will that nomination apply,what is their contribution to Arunachala,if that happens,and can that harm in any way Arunachala and people who live there?. Can i kindly ask You to elaborate that? I dont know,i feel some places should be untoucht by global society,goverment,politics,and stuf like that,if that nomination apply that anyway. But that is only my thinking.

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Dear Jewell,

I am not the main initiator of this petition and one of my friends forwarded it to me.

It seems Making Arunachala a World Heritage Site has many practical benefits in addition to the recognition of its importance to humanity, such as bringing attention to the need for preservation and conservation of the site. Once a site is declared a World Heritage Site, UNESCO can provide a variety of resources to help preserve its natural beauty.

Child of Arunachala

• View Profile
I think we should do some research before we promote such ideas.  Here is one site that will help us understand what being a UNESCO Heritage site really means:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/the-big-question-what-is-a-world-heritage-site-and-does-the-accolade-make-a-difference-997955.html

All in all, it is a really bad idea. However, the good news is that the Indian and Tamil Nadu governments are against it. They have been through this exercise before. ;D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:15:17 AM by Child of Arunachala »

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Dear Prasath_Ramana_Maharshi, Yes,it seems like it will benefit Arunachala to be under their protection. I see that Your intention is good,and You want best for Arunachala. But i must agree with Child of Arunachala,Vinod and Hari. I saw many things similar to that in my country,and,in the long tourn,they only harm it in some way. But,again i cant be sure,it is just a feeling,about UNESCO and Arunachala. Anyway,best way to know that is to know who is main initiator of petition,and investigate about UNESCO litle bit more.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:50:56 AM by Jewell »

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
May Arunachala protect UNESCO...and us...

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
Yup i agree with everyone..

If we all mutually agree that there is no major benefit then we should not nominate our arunachala hill to UNESCO.