Author Topic: Ratnammal  (Read 1198 times)

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Ratnammal
« on: August 29, 2012, 10:10:53 PM »
Dear friends, I am reading these days the book from Sri Ganesan "The Human Gospel of Sri Ramana Maharshi". Sri Ravi shared link for us,and i am amazed with it,with such a Great souls. It is Truly inspiring! Also,i am puzzled with Ratnammal. But Sri Ganesan left somehow unfinished story about her,not writing anything much about her life. So,my question is,does anyone knows something about Ratnammal? Maybe is some reason behind it,i supouse it is,so You can answer me in private message. Or here,if that is not the case,and those facts are known by everybody.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Ratnammal
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:18 AM »
Dear Jewell,

There is no recorded information more than what has been presented in Sri Bhagavan's books. She was a devadasi (temple dancer).
She came with her cousin one day, when Sri Bhagavan was in the Temple, washed Him completely with soap and water and also
fed Him on that day and subsequently for some days.  Sri Bhagavan accepted her love and devotion and took the food (perhaps a
small quantity) on those days. Only on the first day, He agreed for a bath.

Arunachala Siva.   

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
Re: Ratnammal
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31:10 PM »
Dear Subramanian sir, Thank You Very much! I was so puzzled with her story,and still i am,but,anyway,it is not so important. More important is the fact that she was devotee of Bhagavan Ramana.