Author Topic: On Onam day...  (Read 1267 times)

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
On Onam day...
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:04:33 PM »
On Onam day, remembering one of the most respected Brahma Jnani in Bhagavatha  - King Mahabali. I will always remember what Lord said after putting his feet on Mahabali's head in BHagavatha. Lord said to Indra : "You will never understand the greatness of Mahabali. I salute him for going beyond my Maya power, which is so far impossible for you".

Lord covered the 14 worlds with two steps of his. And when he asked Mahabali : "For third step, there is still something more you can give me, something beyond all 14 worlds and that is what I want to put my third feet". Mahabali being a true Jnani knew what it was - Lord was hinting at putting his feet of "I-ness" of Mahabali. And the king bowed surrendering his "I" to the Lord. May we get the same strength...

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: On Onam day...
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:15:27 PM »
Dear sanjaya_ganesh,

Very nice. In Kerala, Onam is a big festival. The houses and temples are decorated with colorful flowers. Then there will
be dance called Kaikottik KaLi.  They will make sweets with milk and sugar and eat with feast for the lunch. Mahabali
is a great character in Srimad Bhagavatam. Even Sri Krishna had to salute him for his noble philanthropy. When two feet
of Sri Krishna (as Vamana and later Trivikrama), asked him where to keep his third step, Mahabali bowed his head and
asked Krishna to place his third step on his head. That shows that his ego has been completely conquered. He became
Jnani when ahankaram is vanquished.

There were many Malayalee devotees for Sri Bhagavan. The earliest devotees were all Malayalees. Kunju Swami, Pazhani
Swami, Ramakrishna Swami and later, K.K. Nambiar, were all Malayalees. Sri Bhagavan used to speak and write Malayalam.
He has composed His Upadesa Saram as KiLip Pattu. Today Nochur Venkataraman, who is praised by the 'Asramam for his
knowledge, understanding and practice of Sri Bhagavan's philosophy is a Malayalee. He has given beautiful discourses on
Ulladu Narpadu, Bhagavad Gita, Atma Vidya Kirtanam, Sri Ramana Gita etc., in Tamizh - he is a bilingual. 

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 06:24:36 PM »
Thank you, sir. Yes - Nochur Anna and I are from same place in Kerala - Palghat. Have heard most of his discourses.

Very nicely written, sir

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Jewell

• Love,always love and only love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »
Dear Sanjay and friends, Happy Onam day! Good to know about King Mahabali.