Author Topic: Complete Advaita Vedanta Talks in Tamil by Swami Guruparananda for free download  (Read 12052 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Welcome to Poornalayam
http://www.poornalayam.org/

The Vedanta classes conducted by Swami Guruparananda( a disciple of Swami Paramarthananda ) , are now available in this site. The message given by Swamiji, guides the listeners to progress steadily, in their study of Vedanta.

All his classes have been classified under the following topics:( Complete free downloads as well as online listening )

1. Introduction to Vedanta
   2. Bhagavad Gita
   3. Upanishads
   4. Brahma Sutra
   5. Meditation
   6. Vedantic Texts
   7. General Talks

This site enables listening to the classes directly, and also facilitates free downloads.

All are welcome to make use of this facility and be benefited.

Kindly make use of this site and pass on this information to other interested people . Entire Advaita Vedanta Philosophy is now available for free listening in Tamil at the Comfort of your home /IPOD etc .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear atmavichar100,

Thank you for the link.

Arunachala Siva.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Welcome Subramaniam Sir

I just want to add the point that there is also Swamiji's Talk on Thayumanvar's Ananda Kalipu in the section "6.Vedantic Texts" and it has 18 talks of 1 hr duration in Tamil on Ananda Kalippu + it has a free PDF download of the text of the Anand Kalippu .
and in "7.General Talks" there is a 1hr talk on  "Thayumanavar Prayer "(Thayumanavar has composed a number of Tamil verses praising the Lord and describing the nature of the Lord. This talk explains one such prayer.).
This is just to inform those who are interested in Thayumanavar Songs .
Om Peace .
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna,
Thanks very much for providing the links to Swami Guruparananda's Talks.I am just now listening to his talk on Thayumanavar's Ananda kaLippu,talk 01 that has an introduction to Thayumanavar's Life.
Krishna,I have listened to Swami dayananda,Swami Paramarthananda(not in person),Swami Omkarananda and now Swami Guruparananda.I have also listened to other Swamiji's .I always get an impression that I am sitting in a 'Class Room' or a 'Workshop' ,being informed,being taught like a Student,Learning something in a Structured way,listening to a 'Lecture'.I do accept that there may be a need for this sort of approach for people in general,and I do find there are capacity crowd coming to listen to these Lectures.They do have a place and serve a need.

Yet,I find myself unable to be interested or involved in this sort of 'cerebral' approach that leaves me totally untouched.

Krishna,Have you listened to Sri Nochur Venkatraman?Sri Nochur does not lecture,does not give information.His talks are truly a sort of Sharing where he simply steeps himself in the subject matter and relishes it and lives and breathes the subject!Truly a Great soul.You may access his talks here:
http://sumukam.wordpress.com/discourses/brahma-sri-nochur-venkatarama/

For those looking for down to earth and popular,yet devoted Talks in Tamil,I warmly Recommend suki Sivam.Please refer to this site:
http://sumukam.blogspot.in/search/label/Sri%20Suki%20Sivam
I warmly Recommend his excellent Talks on Sri Ramakrishna ,Thayumanavar,Thiruvachakam.

Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Krishna,
Thanks very much for providing the links to Swami Guruparananda's Talks.I am just now listening to his talk on Thayumanavar's Ananda kaLippu,talk 01 that has an introduction to Thayumanavar's Life.
Krishna,I have listened to Swami dayananda,Swami Paramarthananda(not in person),Swami Omkarananda and now Swami Guruparananda.I have also listened to other Swamiji's .I always get an impression that I am sitting in a 'Class Room' or a 'Workshop' ,being informed,being taught like a Student,Learning something in a Structured way,listening to a 'Lecture'.I do accept that there may be a need for this sort of approach for people in general,and I do find there are capacity crowd coming to listen to these Lectures.They do have a place and serve a need.

Yet,I find myself unable to be interested or involved in this sort of 'cerebral' approach that leaves me totally untouched.

Krishna,Have you listened to Sri Nochur Venkatraman?Sri Nochur does not lecture,does not give information.His talks are truly a sort of Sharing where he simply steeps himself in the subject matter and relishes it and lives and breathes the subject!Truly a Great soul.You may access his talks here:
http://sumukam.wordpress.com/discourses/brahma-sri-nochur-venkatarama/

For those looking for down to earth and popular,yet devoted Talks in Tamil,I warmly Recommend suki Sivam.Please refer to this site:
http://sumukam.blogspot.in/search/label/Sri%20Suki%20Sivam
I warmly Recommend his excellent Talks on Sri Ramakrishna ,Thayumanavar,Thiruvachakam.

Namaskar.

Dear Ravi

This is Krishna ksksat27.   The links for Nochur in the blogs you have given --  they dont have tamil version of his talks even though the heading of the mp3 reads tamil,  inside it is English.

I kindly request to help me in getting Nochur's tamil CD set.  In Bangalore I could not find.

If you can refer to purchase store or website it will be helpful. 
I have messaged you on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Krishna

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna,
How do you say so?Just now I downloaded (for trial-I already have it in CD form)around 80 Mb of his akshara Mana MAlai in Tamil.It is quite okay.Please scroll down for his talks in Tamil and download.
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
I always get an impression that I am sitting in a 'Class Room' or a 'Workshop' ,being informed,being taught like a Student,Learning something in a Structured way,listening to a 'Lecture'.I do accept that there may be a need for this sort of approach for people in general,and I do find there are capacity crowd coming to listen to these Lectures.They do have a place and serve a need.

Ravi Sir

Everything has its own place in the world for different individuals and even for the same individuals different things mean differently at various times .
So let us take what we need currently and leave the rest . Internet has given as good choice in this matter and we need to thank the almighty for the same .
More later .Om Peace .

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Yes Krishna.I agree and that is what I have mentioned in my post as well.It is just that I have either not grown to that level of understanding that I come to appreciate those things or that they are not meant for me perhaps.As I said,that these speeches are always well attended and that seems to go along with what you have said as well.
Namaskar.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Dear Ravi and others,

That is why when people come to listen him, Nochur Venkataraman says: "Do not take notes. Do not keep a tape recorder and
record. Those are all of not any use.  Listen with attention. The message should go from Heart to Heart. I am telling you
from Heart. You should listen to it by Heart.  If you do not understand some portions, leave them. Do  not tax your brain
to understand it. Everything will be understood with the Self within wants you to understand."   

Arunachala Siva.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
R.Subramanian,
Yes.Sri Nochur's satsangh are truly that;Satsangh in every sense of the term.They are not lectures or discourses but more of a bath in spiritual waters.
What Sri Ramakrishna used to say about Bhagavatham:
"Fried in the butter of Knowledge and steeped in the Honey of Love"

Namaskar.

ksksat27

• View Profile
Yes Krishna.I agree and that is what I have mentioned in my post as well.It is just that I have either not grown to that level of understanding that I come to appreciate those things or that they are not meant for me perhaps.As I said,that these speeches are always well attended and that seems to go along with what you have said as well.
Namaskar.

Dear Ravi

Actually I downloaded quit a few with tamil in headings.  But all are in english.

Actually I am looking for his original voice based in tamil.

Can you kindly send the exact links ?

Also where did you purchase the CDs?

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna(krksat27),
"Just now I downloaded (for trial-I already have it in CD form)around 80 Mb of his akshara Mana MAlai in Tamil"

I tried downloading akshara Mana Malai and it is coming okay and is in Tamil.I have verified.It is the very first link under the Tamil Section.Please try again.

Coming to his CDs ,they are available from Sri Ramanasramam.I found a whole lot of them in the Office Bookshop.I warmly recommend Atma Vidya Keerthanam(Excellent),Bhagavatham,Akshara maNa mAlai,and in fact just about anything by this Great soul.

Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Namaskar.

Mr.Ravi

I had to cut my message short in my last reply as power went off and hence continuing again .
Thanks for mentioning Nochur , I have listened to a few talks of his and also have his CDs and I do agree that he has his own style of talk .
Thanks also for providing the sumukam link , I know about it but good to remind me again .
Recently Sringeri Acharya Sri Bharathi Theertha Swamigal who is observing his Chaturmasya Vrata in Chennai says that he likes to keep his anugraha bashanam to just 30 mts as he feels that if he talks more than 30 mts ,however interesting it may be ,people will either fall asleep or have a head ache . He says in current context people are mentally strained a lot due to information overload ,thanks to technology and hence he does not want to add to that strain and confines his talk to 30 mts .
I have recently started a project with my family priest to record a series of short talks in Tamil  related to Vedas and other values as prescribed in the Vedas and Sashtras ( with reference to also Tamil Scriptures like Thirukural , Nan Naeri , Naal Adiyar etc ) and they will be freely uploaded in the web after some time and people can freely download those talks .I have seen to it that the talks are 20-22 mts duration only as :
1) Most people have less time these day for listening to these type of talks
2) Even for those who listen I found that their attention span is not more than 20 mts and thanks to Sringeri Acharya for providing me that hint .
3) I have given download facility as today almost everyone carried a LapTop ,IPAD ,IPHONE ,IPOD or have a Cell Phone with MP3 Facility and even if they cant listen at home , they can listen to these talks during their spare time while traveling in a Bus , Train , Flight etc . I gave Swami Guruparananda's link as he has given everything for a free download .
Actually Advaita Vedanta is prescribed only for people who are willing to invest full time( so only Sanyasis , serious spiritual aspirants and retired people come in this category )  in it and since most house holders  cant devote much time ,they get a strain listening to it and also since it does not deal with solving issues on a day to day matter ,they find the matter dry and un-inspiring . That is why they tell House holders not to read Vedanta but to read Bhakti literature like Bhagavatham ,Ramayanam etc which are in the form of stories and easy to listen .

More than what to listen I feel people need to learn first the art of listening which is a big art but never taught in any schools or collages nor by parents .I will share more about it later as I am only recently learning about art of listening and its various benefits . Mpre about it later .Bye Om Peace .

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna(Atmavichar),
Wish you all the Very Best in your Project and indeed it is an interesting and useful idea.
coming to talks,I tend to feel that attention span depends on the rapport between the talker and the listener and not on the chronological time(with all due respect to Sringeri Acharya.).When this rapport is there and where the speaker and listener are fully immersed in the subject,hours can pass off without hunger and thirst felt.
It is indeed true that such speakers are indeed rare,and perhaps listeners as well.
It seems that there was a Talk by sri Nochur in the presence of Sringeri Acharya and this was televised as well.It is not the 'style' of talking of this Mahatma that is of interest to me but his thorough immersion(his preganant pauses of silence that are a give away!)and his utter unpretentiousness ,as also his spontaneous flashes of intuitive insights that he brings forth in an unpremeditative fashion,that is ever fresh and envelops the listener.Ofcourse this may be subjective,but I found quite a few listeners express this perspective.
Namaskar.

Ravi.N

• View Profile
Krishna(atmavichar),
This is what Swami Vivekananda says in his talk 'My master':
"People came by thousands to see and hear this wonderful man who spoke in a patois every word of which was forceful and instinct with light. For it is not what is spoken, much less the language in which it is spoken, but it is the personality of the speaker which dwells in everything he says that carry weight. Every one of us feels this at times. We hear most splendid orations, most wonderfully reasoned-out discourses, and we go home and forget them all. At other times we hear a few words in the simplest language, and they enter into our lives, become part and parcel of ourselves and produce lasting results. The words of a man who can put his personality into them take effect, but he must have tremendous personality. All teaching implies giving and taking, the teacher gives and the taught receives, but the one must have something to give, and the other must be open to receive."

Did you have an opportunity to attend a talk by Sri Nochur?His last appearance was in July 2012 at narada Gana sabha ,and on the penultimate day Sri V Ganesan(Grandson of Sri Bhagavan's brother) who was also attending his talks,spoke beautifully on his experiences with Muruganar.
Namaskar.