Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 3001 times)

atmavichar100

• View Profile
Introducing Myself
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:13:07 AM »
I am Krishna , a Yoga Teacher from Chennai ,India , trained in the Sivananda System of Classical Hatha Yoga  through Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres , founder Swami Vishnu devananda , who is no more alive in body but wrote 2 best sellers : Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga and Meditation and Mantras .
The Sivananda System of Yoga is a yoga of synthesis of Karma , Bhakthi , Raja , Hatha , Jnana Yoga and I had a taste of all of it but now spending time in solitude except for teaching Yoga to very specific students on a 1-1 basis and rest of the time doing my own sadhana .
I have been associated with the teachings of Bhagawan Ramana right from 1999 and have visited Arunachala , done Giri Valam and visited and stayed at  Ramana Ashram many times and have read lot of books related to Bhagawan Ramana.
My last visit to Arunachala was in Dec 2009 with my brother ( from USA ) and my mother and after that I have not visited Arunachala and do not have any serious intention to visit Again as I am very contended spending time in solitude and enjoy listening to Bhagawan Ramana's Tamil Chants : Akshara Mana Malai , Ulladhu Naarpadu etc at home itself .
I have been benefited by reading the works of Many great Saints and Masters and my favorites are :
Swami Sivananda's books , Bhagwan Ramana's teachings  and experience of devotees with him  , Kanci Paramacharya's Deivathin Kural ,Sringeri Acharya's teaching and dialogues , All books by Osho , J.Krishnamurti , Classical Advaita with Interpretations by Swami Dayananda , Swami Paramarthananda , Swami Omkarananda  etc .
Note : I am not an expert on the teachings of Bhagawan Ramana or in fact of any other Saint /Teacher and love reading any good works by any great saint / spiritual teacher  for my own self enrichment .
I have joined this forum to share my thoughts and experience plus also to understand other's experience and insights .I am not a very active person in forums as I prefer more solitude but would do love to share what best I can and enrich the content of this forum  whenever time permits.I do not want to get in to any debates in to the merits or demerits of a particular Guru , Particular Sadhana , Particular school of thought as I believe that just leads to un-necessary fights and loss of mental peace .My primary Sadhana is Yoga Sadhana but at other times I like to read works by Other great saints and contemplate those teachings in silence . I consider  my association with this forum is also an extension of my sadhana .
All the best . Om Peace .
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:24:51 PM by atmavichar100 »
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 10:54:26 AM »
Dear atmavichar100,

Welcome to the Forum. You can join us sharing your thoughts, particularly your Yoga Sadhana, which we would like to
read.

Arunachala Siva. 

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
Thank you Subramaniam Sir

I will do my best to share my Sadhana and my experience in my own spiritual journey so far when ever time and situation permits .
Om Peace .

However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha

ramana_maharshi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:55:42 PM »
Welcome to this forum Krishna garu.

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 03:37:54 PM »
Dear Atma Vichar,

Warm welcome to you on behalf of this forum and since you have been associated with such good practices, we request you to  please share your experiences and wisdom, which will also benefit us.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Dear Vinodh , Prashanth

Thanks for ur warm welcome . Will do my best to share my experiences here .
Om Peace .

Ravi.N

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
Krishna,
Thanks very much for your wonderful introduction.Swami Sivananda!His small booklet Light,Power and Wisdom is truly wonderful.There is nothing that is not said in that Booklet.Swamiji's small room adjoining the Ganges in Rishikesh is wonderfully preserved and what a Mahatma he was,so wise yet so utterly humble ,ever at other's service!
How nice to know your eclectic Reading and quiet lifestyle.Swami Omkaranandaji is now observing Chaturmasya in Sri Ananthapadmanabha Swami temple and was giving discourse on Srimad Bhagavatham.I am sure you are aware of this,am just giving this info for the benefit of other readers here.
Namaskar.

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Thanks Ravi for your warm welcome .
After Arunachala , these days Rishikesh is the only place I like to visit if at all I want to visit any place . Sitting by the Holy Ganges is a blissful experience .
I am aware of Swami Omkarananda's talks and Chaturmasya Vratha and did attend couple of his talks on Bhagawatham and got some of his audio talks and right now listening to Keno Upanishad .
Will share more later .
Om Peace .