Author Topic: Question about something I read on a topic/post  (Read 4492 times)

right2be

• View Profile
Question about something I read on a topic/post
« on: August 15, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »
Hello,

I have recently read somebody voice an opinion that nisargadatta maharaj was a fake. I have no doubts that Sri ramana maharshi is the real deal, i have faith in him and follow his teachings with earnestness, so I am not here to argue with anybody, or compare. I would just appreciate an honest opinion on why nisargadatta is a fake so i can discontinue having belief that he has reached enlightenment.

Thank you

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Re: Question about something I read on a topic/post
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
How do you know that Nisargadatta is fake? Why do you think so? I don't think that we must judge people who has given all their life for people and educating them. It is just impolite. If you don't believe He is awakened, ok. There is no problem with that. But to call Him fake is too bold and harsh. First realize who you are then judge and categorize whoever you want, however you want. Sri Ramana has never said bad word for anyone. I think that if you want to follow Lord Ramana's way, you must first get Him as an example of behavior.

You want someone to justify your believe Sri Nisargadatta is fake because that would make your choice of leaving Him easier. But I think it is not necessary. If you don't like Him, just leave Him. It is not needed to justify why you are doing it. Stop the freaking game of your mind. The mind wants to crash everything it doesn't like. Please, brother, do not let it.
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 09:17:34 AM »
Hello,

I have recently read somebody voice an opinion that nisargadatta maharaj was a fake. I have no doubts that Sri ramana maharshi is the real deal, i have faith in him and follow his teachings with earnestness, so I am not here to argue with anybody, or compare. I would just appreciate an honest opinion on why nisargadatta is a fake so i can discontinue having belief that he has reached enlightenment.

Thank you

Sir,

Sri Nisarghadatta maharaj propounded greatest discoveries that were never revealed in any scriptures.  Please read his books by Jean Dunn .

Secondly  even Ramansramam president Ganesan met Nisarghadatta maharaj and had very high opinion.

Almost everyone who visited him came back with un-describable peace.

Mother Krishna Bai sent few of visistors to her to Sri Nisarghadatta's place.

Above all,  Maharaj did not charge anything unlike modern day advaita workshops.

He did not get anything from foreigners,  he lived in his same small house.

He was affected by worst caner yet he graciously accepted the way of God just like other saints.

I cannot prove his worth to you --  but please dont believe ever that he is a fake.

Ramana Maharshi appeared in a Dutch devoteee's dream and said that he will meet a realized person who is living.   That Dutch yogi met Sri Nisarghadatta maharaj.

So my earnest request is,  stop reading his teachings,  for a moment ask Sri Nisarghadatta himself to reveal himself.  Wait and see the results. 

eranilkumarsinha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:23:11 AM »
Dear Devotees,

I also feel and believe that one should not speak slightingly about great persons, particularly in a forum where members may be devotees of the slighted person. Sri Nisaragadatta is known at large as a very revered Jnani. Therefore, whether one believes in His Realisation or not, in my view, is immaterial. Yes. it is all mind's escape root. Who sees the defects in others? As devotee of Sri Bhagwan, we must concentrate on finding That only. Sri Bhagwan teaches that if seer of the defect is known beyond doubt, one finds everything perfect. Seer along with the defects are gone.

Pranam,
  Anil 

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 12:19:56 PM »
Hello,

I am sorry, I may have worded my post wrong. I have read I am that and follow nissargadatta's teachings as well as ramana's teaching as I feel they are both non duality teachings. I do not believe myself nissargadatta is a fake, and i am using the word fake because it is the exact word i read that somebody else used. I have no reason to believe nissargadatta is a fake as I have followed his teachings with faith until I read another person on this forum call him a fake.
My question is why would this person call nissargadatta a fake without giving a reason to justify this statement ? Is there something I do not know about him ? Sorry if I may have offended some people but fake is not a word I would use either, I am just referring to another post I read.

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »
Dear brother ivac_d,
you have not offended anyone. We just tried to tell you that call someone fake or real is immaterial for jnana. The only thing you must investigate is the source of the doubter and the questionner. We are not here to judge you. Moreover we are just human as you are, with all our weaknesses and problems. We just try to give you advice - the best way we can.

The problem is that when mind doesn't like something it tries to reject it, to destroy it, to humiliate it, to disprove it and so on. That's why some people talk such things about other peoples. But Lord Ramana has taught to escape such situations and to not lose energy and to give attention to such vain talks. The only thing He has adviced us (in different ways) is to find out who are we. His teaching is clear and simple but we somehow try to complicate it. We all have done what you are doing - trying to disprove some authority and so on but from my experience I can tell you that this is both wrong and waste of time.

Best wishes, ramana1359
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »
Thank you very much brothers

I really appreciate all your honest replies. I realize that I am wasting my time and furthering myself from my practices by letting who I am follow this chain of thought of disproving this or that. Disproving anything will not bring me closer to realization of my true self.
By understanding all your replies i will no longer allow the mind to ponder into such thoughts from now on. And thank you brother ramana1359 with your last reply which sparked and helped me understand what everybody else letting me know.

Thanks to everybody again
Love and peace to all,
ivac_d

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
Hello,

I am sorry, I may have worded my post wrong. I have read I am that and follow nissargadatta's teachings as well as ramana's teaching as I feel they are both non duality teachings. I do not believe myself nissargadatta is a fake, and i am using the word fake because it is the exact word i read that somebody else used. I have no reason to believe nissargadatta is a fake as I have followed his teachings with faith until I read another person on this forum call him a fake.
My question is why would this person call nissargadatta a fake without giving a reason to justify this statement ? Is there something I do not know about him ? Sorry if I may have offended some people but fake is not a word I would use either, I am just referring to another post I read.

Now I got your problem. I have a very good tonic for this.

You have been following Sri Nisargha's teachings but suddenly something came up in internet that has upset you.

Problem is,  the faith was not very perfect from the beginning.  So with slightest provocation you have started confusing yourself and getting tormented by this doubt.

I also used to get upset whenever somebody calls him a fake.  Infact Osho has severly criticized him.

Then I devised this way.  It will definitely work.

Dont start with the teachings of Sri Nisargha for sometime.  Please dont ignore him also.

Rather,  try to put all your doubts to his lotus feet mentally. Daily offer your prayer,  worship and remembrance of his name and form.  If possible,  do mentally the cleaning of his feets with sacred water.

Start with that Guru Bhakthi.    If you dont get any respsone or keep on getting tormented by doubts,  perservere,  surredner your doubts and dont leave his form until you get that conviction.

Once you do this,  in a month or so,  something will start to get stirred into yourself .  Same teachings,  then visist next time with absolute Guru Bhakthi.  Something will amazingly synch up and catch fire within you.

That is the secret.

You know,  whenever we approach any saint,  our own bad karma will manifest in terms like doubts,  fake etc.

The saint will not do anything about the doubts --  whoever comes or not comes does not matter to him.

But if you on your part becomes sincere and still approach him,  sooner or later,  his Heart will melt and pour love.

So from today -- dont leave him until you get convinced.

May your good punyas give you enough faith on Him.

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Thank you very much brothers

I really appreciate all your honest replies. I realize that I am wasting my time and furthering myself from my practices by letting who I am follow this chain of thought of disproving this or that. Disproving anything will not bring me closer to realization of my true self.
By understanding all your replies i will no longer allow the mind to ponder into such thoughts from now on. And thank you brother ramana1359 with your last reply which sparked and helped me understand what everybody else letting me know.

Thanks to everybody again
Love and peace to all,
ivac_d

Dear ivac,

I kindly tell this:    dont run away from this half the miles.     Teacher is more important than teaching.  Teaching can happen in no time.   So having associated with a great saint like Nisargha,    dont leave in the middle.

Metnally sort out your assocation with that sage.  Everything else will follow in due course.

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 04:15:22 PM »
Dear ivac_d,

What Krishnan says is correct. A perfect Jnani (self realized soul) can be understood only by another Jnani. That is why
Sri Bhagavan said categorically that Seshadri Swamigal was a Brahma Jnani even though many considered him eccentric
or mad.

Then how do we realize that a person whom we approach is a Jnani?  Sri Ramana Gita answers this point. If one devotee
approaches a Jnani, and spend some time with him, he will (1) find extraordinary peace within him while in such a Jnani's
Presence, (2) he will find that his otherwise monkey-like mind, stops oscillating for a while in such presence. (3) his intuition
would say or even hammer his brain that 'here is a person who has experienced the Self.'

Then how come some do not get these experience these while in the presence of a Jnani? It is because of his bad karmas,
or vasanas. These vasanas would jump out in the form of his ego and then proclaim that he is a fake or at best he is not
a Jnani.

Many people came to the Asramam, even during His bodily life.  Some sat in front of Sri Bhagavan like a statue. Others went around the Asramam, looked at trees, monkeys and peacocks and came way. THEY COULD NOT SIT IN SILENCE IN THE OLD HALL.

And that is the difference.       

Arunachala Siva.

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »
Thank you very much subramanian.
I really appreciate your advice and will definitely use this method you have explained while doing my daily meditation. I really appreciate the advice especially that you have experienced my position and have made it through with a peaceful mind.

Love and peace to you brother.
Warm regards
Ivac_d

right2be

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2012, 12:24:16 PM »
Also I forgot to and would like to thank ksksat. Thank you brother and my bad for forgetting to thank you earlier.

Kind regards
Ivac_d

Beloved Abstract

• View Profile
    • David Ford Art
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 08:52:33 PM »
or .... you could put aside all teachings and explanations for a moment and stop to see what it is that CANNOT be taught or explained      :)
simply stop telling the story of the self and see who you are without it

ksksat27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »
Also I forgot to and would like to thank ksksat. Thank you brother and my bad for forgetting to thank you earlier.

Kind regards
Ivac_d

Dear Ivac

You are very humble and very particular in reciprocating everything to everybody.

With such a mind set,  please dont mistake me that I am again and again insisting -- still ,  you please increase your devotion and mental contact with the sage Sri Nisarghadataa Maharaj.

I am sure you will get in abundance

The value of Guru Bhakthi is this --  without even you taking any strain to reflect upon the teachings,  the teacher's grace will straight penetrate your heart and make your mind very pure.

Even from Hastamalaka disciple to his Master Adhi Shankara ,  everybody has just spent lot of time in glorifying their Guru,  thinking of them alone.

Any Master -- Disciple relation will have  a stage like all these doubts.  We need to cross it by peristent devotion to the teacher.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 07:06:30 AM »
Dear Ivac

Everyone has answered you so well. My only humble addition is also to ensure we are not faking ourselves in this journey - does not matter who else is fake or not. And a point will come where fake and non fake will become equal. Let us focus on that supreme point where mental "Adhyaropa" of fake and non fake fall apart.

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan