Author Topic: Shiva Temple  (Read 1483 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Shiva Temple
« on: August 10, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Dear All,

Being devotees of Lord Shiva, we all have been to different temples of lord Shiva but which one is the most beautiful you have visited till now? Lets share its beauty.

For me the best till now is "Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple" It is one of the jyothir Ling and is located in Nashik District of Maharashtra, India, 28 km from the city of Nashik. To see its real beauty one has to go only in monsoon while it is drizzling and not in any other time. The reason why is..... this temple is surrounded by huge mountains and in the time of monsoon these mountains will be full of lush greenery and you will surely get a feeling that you are in Kailas. I was fortunate enough to go in the perfect time to have such feeling. This temple is not only in perfect location, but the beauty of the temple is also great.

If any one goes to Shirdi, they can go to this temple which is few hours drive from Shirdi. You can also go to Shani dev temple(This is the main temple in India) which is some where around. If time permits one can also visit Ajantha Ellora caves. Had great time when I visited with my office pals.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Shiva Temple
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 08:17:57 PM »
Dear vinod,

I have not visited any North Indian Temples, though I was working in Mumbai for four years.

Amongst Tamizh Nadu and Andhra temples, I loved Chidambaram, Kalahasti, Ekambara Natha in Kancihpuram, and Madurai,
Matrubhuteswarar Temple in Tiruchirapalli, Akhilandeswari - Jambu Lingam temple in Tiruvanaikka, and of course, Big Temple
in Tiruvannamalai. My highest love for Chidambaram Temple (Nataraja) guided me to Tiruvannamalai Big Temple and as also to Sri
Ramanasramam. Nowadays I do not visit many temples excepting my weekly darshan in a Muruga Temple in Bangalore and
my visits once in three months to Tiruvannamalai. There I cover Asramam and Big Temple invariably.

Arunachala Siva. 

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Likewise even when I was in Chennai for one year I never visited Chidambaram temple even though I was frequently visiting Arunachalam, but I heard about it many times. Now staying in Hyderabad I am not sure whether I can visit this temple or not coz when ever I get chance i visit only Arunachalam and always feel that I am short of time :'(.

But touchwood if you ever get a chance to see this temple please "dont miss it" Its just a natural beauty and I am sure u will love it.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

atmavichar100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
I used to frequently visit the Kapleeshwar Temple in Mylapore in Chennai on Thursdays offering prayers to Sri Dakshinamurti and Kapaleeshwar there but now not going much there or in fact to any temple .
However I like Kapaleeshwar Temple and apart from that the Shiva Temples that I liked best is the Mahalinga Swamy Temple in Thiruvadai Maruthur , near Kumbakonam. A beautiful temple and that has a great history to it . When Adi Shankara went on his Vijaya Yatra propagating Advaita , Mahalinga Swamy blessed him with the a hand appearing from the Linga saying  "Advaitam Satyam"
However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them? - Buddha