Author Topic: Lokas  (Read 1661 times)

Hari

• View Profile
    • Fundamental questions about mind
Lokas
« on: August 06, 2012, 08:16:38 PM »
As far as I know the devotees of Shiva go to Kailasha, of Brahma - to Brahmaloka, of Vishnu - to Vaikunta. But where according to Shaktas and Ganapatyas their followers will go?
Web Page dedicated to the Great Sages:
https://someoneelsebg.000webhostapp.com/Sages/HTML.html

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Lokas
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »
Dear ramana 1359,

Sri Bhagavan has said: "The Chandraloka, Indraloka, Kailasa or Vaikunta - are all only our imaginations. Who has seen this
lokas? You are the only Reality. These lokas come sometimes in one's vision and visions are only fevered imaginations.
In fact there is no such lokas."

Only I AM IS REAL.  With that bhavana either one should do self inquiry or self surrender. If he succeeds he would attain
moksha (which is the only truth) either in this body or at the time of leaving the body.

All lokas are as unreal as this world, which is also a loka. loka comes from the word luk, to see. All that see is unreal.
Only the Seer is the truth.

Arunachala Siva. 

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »
Interesting. I understand this. But my question was more informative than practical. What worlds to followers of Shakti and Ganesha are promised? But if these worlds are as unreal as this one then does that mean that they also are seen by 'unliberated soul'?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 01:44:13 PM »
Dear ramana,

Normally scriptures speak of Kailasa, Vaikunta and Chintamni gruha (for Siva, Vishnu and Sakti).  The places should be
more considered as 'padam', the state of deliverence with the grace of such gods.  Or you may consider them as
pAdam = feet of the respective lords.

Sri Sankara, though spoke of advaitam, also prescribed certain worships, for those who preferred worships and pujas,
in bhakti marga. So he classified six ways of worship - Saivam (Siva), SAktam (Sakti), Vaishnavam (Vishnu or Narayana),
GANApatyam (for Ganesa), KoumAram (for Kumara or Muruga) and added Souram (for those who worship Sun God.)

One need not immediately conclude that there are separates lokas or abodes for these gods. Such conclusion only
paved way for concepts of Kailasam, Vaikuntam, Chintamani gruham.  In bhakti marga these are the places where
these gods are said to reside.

Ganesa and Muruga have no separate lokas according to my knowledge. Perhaps they reside with their parents!
For Sun God, they say Surya Lokam. This is again only a esoteric meaning for the place of Sun God.

Arunachala Siva.         

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »
Sri Bhagavan has said: "The Chandraloka, Indraloka, Kailasa or Vaikunta - are all only our imaginations.
Didn't he state that those lokas were as real as this world?

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

Yes. As real as the world. But is the world real to you?

Then, what happens to the world when you are in deep sleep?

Arunachala Siva.

sanjaya_ganesh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 04:01:33 PM »
True. "AS REAL AS" the world is other way of saying "AS UNREAL AS" the world. Else Bhagawan would have just said "It is real" and not said "as real as the world" :)

Sanjay
Salutations to Bhagawan

Hari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »
The dispute here is not about substantial reality and unreality of the the world etc. It is about perception of the jiva. Is jiva live in astral worlds, heaven or hell as all religions and philosophic systems teach? According to what Sri Sanjaya has shown me Lord Krishna says that such place as heaven exists. But what it is, I cannot say.

Jyoti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
Dear Jyoti,

Yes. As real as the world. But is the world real to you?

In my current state of mind, yes.
I'm not developed enough to realize this world as unreal.