Author Topic: Must visit places in Arunachalam  (Read 4463 times)

Vinod

• View Profile
Must visit places in Arunachalam
« on: July 31, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »
Dear All,

Hope you all are fine!

I am from Hyderabad and I've been visiting Arunachala shiva from few years and when ever I visit i spend most of the time in doing pradakshina, visit main temple in the late evening, see my fav Adi annamalai temple during pradakshina, some times go to yogi Ram suratkumar Ashramam or Ramanashramam to relax and go to skandashramam rarely if time permits. All this I do in 2 or 3 days of time max!

It will be really great if any one suggest me any more historical or spiritual places around arunachala which i must visit! and cannot afford to miss in my next visit.

Om Arunachaleshwaraaya namaha!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
Re: Must visit places in Arunachalam
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
Dear vinod,

You can visit the following places also time permitting:

1. Pachaiamman temple where Sri Bhagavan spent some time. It is on the road side about 2 kms from Sri Ramanasramam.

2. Gurumurtham  - inside the town where Sri Bhagavan lived in total oblivion of the world, for sometime. He was given food
by Pazhaniswami. He was so immersed in Self that He did not know even if it is day or night.  There is a temple and a Lingam.
But one has to go to a nearby house and ask them to open this little temple and have darshan. You may give some money
to the residents who had given you the key, for lighting lamps. The temple is most uncared for,

3. Isanya Jnana Desikar Samadhi - this is on the eastern side of the girivalam route, just opposite to Isanya Lingam.
Here one great Jnani called Isanya Jnana Desikar attained jiva samadhi. He told his disciples to close the door of his
meditation room (which is underground like Patala Lingam) and next morning, there was no one, not even his body!
This is also a powerful place for our meditation.

Arunachala Siva.     

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

Please accept my gratitude for helping me with some spiritual places and I was fortunate enough to go to Pachaiamman temple once when i have done pradakshina from jungle and it was worth being in the temple.

I have never been to Gurumurtham temple and I would love to go there, but the main problem is communication, since i am oblivious to Tamil. But I hope locals would help me with this temple and I dont want to miss it next time(at any cost) and do my bit to make it prosper, as it is not taken care well.

Isanya Jnana Desikar Samadhi - If it is just opp to Esanya Lingam, I would have definitely seen it but however i have googled it and read a blog on this great saint and it was worth reading. I never knew greatness of this saint or place and now I know a bit and thanks to you for letting me know on this. On my next visit i will spend more time at this place and try to meditate.
Visit: http://davidgodman.org/asaints/isdesikar.shtml

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 04:08:23 PM »
Dear vinod,

In Tiruvannamalai and even in entire Tamizh Nadu, people do not like Hindi. But they like English and some people like policemen
and some autorickshaw drivers know a little of English. You can definitely manage to go to Gurumurtam, using a little English
and sign language. It is a very highly charged spiritual place,  where young  Bhagavan spent some months in total oblivion of
the world, time, space and people.  It is worth seeing.

Arunachala Siva.   

Vinod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »
Dear Subramanian,

I find people very good and always ready to help! may be that is one of the reason, i was never in trouble. I will surely visit Gurumurtham temple next time.
I have also learned about one powerful place called Parvathamalai hills, which I have never been to and I am dieing to go there after reading about it. Have you been there sir? Please share your wisdom or experiences about it.

OM ARUNACHALESHWARAAYA NAMAHA!

Subramanian.R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
Dear vinod,

Parvatha Malai is another mysterious hill, some miles away from Arunachala. I have not gone there. Sri Bhagavan and devotees
too have not visited this hill, as per their diaries.

Arunachala Siva.